Best Mouse for Illustrator – Here we looked at some of the best mouse for Adobe Illustrator. The point to note here is that the right mouse does not need to be too expensive.
However, depending upon the feature set you want such programmable keys, ergonomics or even aesthetics, the price may vary.
Most users are familiar with the standard mouse. Its three-button layout gives basic functionality for what most people will be doing on their computers.
While this is enough for most users, others may benefit from having a few extra programmable buttons that aid their work.
Let’s see some things that go into getting a mouse for Adobe Illustrator.back to menu ↑
1.Logitech MX Master
- Ultra-fast magspeed scrolling - Remarkable speed, precision & quietness of electromagnetic scrolling with all new magspeed wheel - up to 90% faster, 87% more precise & ultra-quiet
- Comfort shape and intuitive controls - Work comfortably with perfectly sculpted shape and ideally placed thumb wheel and controls
- App-specific customizations - Speed up your workflow with predefined app-specific profiles and numerous customization options. Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Flow cross-computer control - Work seamlessly on three computers. Seamlessly transfer cursor, text, and files - between windows & macOS, desktop & laptop
- Works on any surface even on glass with dark field 4000 DPI sensor. It is faster and 5x more precise than the basic mouse - so you always hit the right Pixel
- USB-c rechargeable - Full charge lasts up-to 70 days, quick 1 min charge gives 3 hrs of use
- Multi-device and multi-OS - Connect the way you want up to 3 devices via Bluetooth or the included USB receiver on windows, Mac or Linux
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
back to menu ↑
2.Apple Magic Mouse
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell, and has an optimized foot design — all helping Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages and scrolling through documents.
- Lightning port
back to menu ↑
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
back to menu ↑
4.Razer DeathAdder V2
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
back to menu ↑
- Sensitive Mouse Click with Less Noise - Slim ergonomic design and smooth frosted surface for an incredible user experience. Quieter and Easier to click, make you concentrate on your work without disturbing others beside you
- Plug & Play - Tiny wireless receiver conveniently slots into your computer's USB port, taking up minimal space. 1 AA battery needed (not included in the package).
- Stable Connection and Power Efficient - The 2.4 GHz wireless mouse provides a powerful, reliable connection, effective up to 15 meters of range. This mouse will auto sleep after 8 minutes of inactivity for power saving, it can be waken up by clicking any button.
- Universal Compatibility - work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 etc.【【This product is not compatible with macbook pro or other laptops which only have type c ports】】
- Portable & Durable - USB-receiver stays in your PC USB port or stows conveniently inside the wireless mouse when not in use. Perfect for work and entertainment in home or office.
back to menu ↑
6.Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- 【2.4G Wireless Plug and Play】The wireless keyboard and mouse share only one micro USB receiver, just plug and play, no need any drivers. 2.4G wireless technology connection is more stable, and the effective wireless range is up to 33 feet, without any delays.
- 【Fashion Slim Ergonomic Keyboard】Jelly Comb wireless keyboard with a ergonomic tilt angle provides a comfortable typing, can reduce your hands fatigue. Mint Green and White color, looks sleek and attractive on your desk. Ideal for office/home use or business trip.
- 【Silent Keyboard and Mouse】The keyboard's noise reduced low profile keys and the silent click of the mice allow you to focus on your job, never worry about disturbing others.The wireless keyboard mouse combo features auto sleeping mode, help to save battery power.
- 【12 Function Hot Keys】Our keyboard has 12 Multimedia Hotkeys, can easy and quick access to Music, Internet, Email, Homepage and so on. Also with a number pad, can improve your work efficiency.
- 【Compatibility & Customer Service】This mouse keyboard combo compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 or higher. Work well with desktops, PC, Laptop, Computer and more. Provide 12 months warranty.
back to menu ↑
7.HyperX Pulsefire Haste
- Ultra-light hex shell design: The honeycomb shell provides feather-light weight without sacrificing durability.
- HyperFlex USB Cable: The light, flexible paracord material reduces tension and resistance for easier mouse movement.
- TTC Golden micro dustproof switches: These switches provide solid, satisfying clicks and are rated for 60 million clicks.
- Pure virgin-grade PTFE skates: The low-friction 100% PTFE skates help provide an easy, effortless glide.
- Grip tape included: For more control and comfort, grip tape for the sides and left and right buttons are included.
- Customizable with HyperX NGENUITY Software: Easily customize DPI settings, RGB lighting, button assignments, and record macros with powerful, easy-to-use, HyperX NGENUITY Software.
back to menu ↑
- The MOJO Pro Performance Gaming Mouse combines one of the best gaming mouse sensors with our hand sculpted ergonomic design and all silent buttons to create the perfect gaming mouse
- Fully customizable - download our software to customize buttons, set up macros, adjust DPI, LED screen, set up gamer profiles, and more
- Flawless Advanced Gaming Sensor PMW3336 for up to 12000 DPI and 1000 Hz Polling Rate
- Requires Windows 7 or Above. With our easy to use software you can adjust every detail of the mouse to fit your ideal profile
- Mouse Dimensions: 130 x 72 x 41mm, Weight: 127g, Cable Length: 1.8m
back to menu ↑
9.UtechSmart Venus Pro
- 【Extensive Fully Programmable Buttons】16 customizable buttons can improve your gaming skills and performance by complex custom button macro coding of reconfiguration and assignment. The button custom function combines multiple keys into one button that reducing your arsenal of spells (actions) and response time. 12 of 16 thumb grip programmable buttons were designed by different inclination angles to fit for your thumb tip to click.
- 【Dual Modes with Ultra-Speed Wireless Technology】UtechSmart VENUS Pro RGB Wireless MMO Gaming Mouse is a new revolution of RGB MMO gaming mouse. It has 2.4 GHz data transmission technology with Mini signal receiver(Nano) and stable 1. 5m wire transmission that provides professional-level performance. VENUS Pro overcomes the traditional limitation of wireless latency and connectivity which offers stable and fast data transmission with 10-meter reception boundary. You can take this mouse anywhere!
- 【Endurable Battery Lifetime】 UtechSmart Venus Pro Wireless RGB MMO gaming mouse has special auto sleeping mode and low power consumption mode or extending the battery life of wireless mode. Large battery (1000mA) capacity which offers to recharge over 300 times and single 2 hours fully charge. The wireless mode lasts up to 70 hours that fulfill your long-time gaming experience. Moreover, UtechSmart actuation software provides battery specify consumption monitoring for you.
- 【Customizable Mouse High Precision Optical Sensor】Thousands of customers and professional gamers have tested and verified its function. Venus Pro has an UtechSmart custom PixArt PMW3335 ultra-accurate Optical sensor. Up to 16000 DPI with 5 DPI switchable stages and 1000 Hz polling rate that offers you an incomparable MMO and FPS gaming experience. The huge adjustable DPI range from 100-16000 comes with UtechSmart user-friendly software that can perfectly tweak the performance of mouse accuracy.
- 【Ergonomic Design Ensures Your Comfortable】Great as a real mouse stuck in your hand. The UtechSmart Venus Pro Wireless RGB MMO gaming mouse is flawlessly designed to alleviate wrist fatigue while being able to firmly hold the mouse in your hand. The grinding coating on the mouse surface increases the friction between your hand and the mouse. Grinding coating also provides gamer a extra comfortable sweat-resistant and skin-friendly gaming mouse.
- 【Amazing RGB Lighting and Reliable Buttons】Fully customize RGB lighting up to 16 Million colors and 4 programmable RGB modes (Steady Respiration Neon and Matte) by UtechSmart software. Software can be easily installed by inserting the drive software card to USB port of your laptop. Its compatible with Windows98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win7 Mac10. For the gamer, the switch of a button is applied OMRON switches which provide 10 million times clicks duration and without double click problem!
- 【You are our VIP customer】For each of you who purchased UtechSmart RGB MMO Wireless gaming mouse, we have lifetime product care. If your mouse has any problem, that you will get refund or a new mouse replacement. No any questioning. All you need to do is contact our CS team (Click on the store name). We hope you will have a wonderful shopping experience.
back to menu ↑
- Wireless/Wired, 2 Ways to Use - Dual modes of 2.4Ghz wireless and USB-C wired mode assemble with 12 side buttons MMO gaming mouse feature. Wireless/wired mode plus easy-access keybinding shortcuts maximize your damage.
- Lightning-Fast Is Not Just Saying - With improved Optical Pixart 3335 gaming sensor, M913 registers each click/swipe instantaneously within 1ms. Efficiency, accuracy and low-latency are all in the box.
- Stay Power-On Day to Night - Low-consumption advanced chip combo with 1000mAh battery capacity, guaranteeing its use for long-hours. Eco mode reduces the usage of backlit and levels up the durability up to 80 hours.
- 5 DPIs Designed for Esports - Equipped with 5 onboard DPI levels (1000/2000/4000/8000/16000) which allow you to switch among different needs at ease. Personalizable DPI ± 100 meets your unique need and shorten the get-used-to time.
- Uncompromised Driver Support - 16 buttons including 12 side buttons and 16.8 million color lighting effects are all customizable with its own software, even in wireless mode. Ahead to the victory in your exactly wanted way.
back to menu ↑
Best Mouse for Illustrator – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Ergonomic mice are designed specifically to fit users. Having this in mind results in a product that not only points and clicks, you get one that’s also very comfortable to use.
Among the key benefits of an ergonomic mouse is reduced wrist strain. This helps ease the pressure on the wrists after extended working hours. As a result, you also reduce the chances of developing Carpal Tunnel syndrome.back to menu ↑
You can often get away with having a basic mouse. However, when you need finer control, you will need a mouse with a few extra features.back to menu ↑
Adjustable DPI is one feature that users find useful. Many basic Mice assume a one-size-fits-all approach when designing the mouse. However, one with a DPI button will let you customize the pointer speed when you drag the mouse across a surface.
Illustrators with a multi-monitor setup will benefit from adjustable DPI as this will let them move between the monitors swiftly by changing the sensitivity of the cursor to movements.back to menu ↑
As mentioned, you can have a mouse with additional keys. Having the extra customizable keys will allow you to map some useful key combinations or shortcuts to the keys, allowing easy access and improving your workflows.
This plays a huge role in improving the efficiency with which you work.back to menu ↑
Wired vs Wireless
As more and more devices are ditching cables for wireless connections, the question falls on the user’s preference as to what kind of mouse they prefer.
You may pick a wireless mouse if you’re looking to have a minimal and decluttered desktop; whereas, with a wired mouse, users typically look for better responsiveness and lower maintenance costs in terms of getting new batteries or recharging.back to menu ↑
When all is said and done, you would want a highly responsive mouse that’s capable of very fine motions.
This comes in handy when instead of using a digital drawing tablet and pen, you use the mouse for the bulk of your work.
The sensitivity will help minimize the risk of errors.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe Photoshop requires you to perform multiple operations in a quick way and being armed with a decent mouse, you can do it with ease. This is especially relevant if you work on high-res displays. Adobe Ps also has many tools and commands, so getting a keyboard with additional macro keys is also a good idea if you want to speed up your workflow.
A wireless mouse for graphic designers is flashier and allows you to work not being tied to a certain space. However, a wired mouse will appeal to average users with a limited budget. Besides, it is a bit faster.
The first thing that differentiates these devices is that a trackball is stationary, so doesn’t occupy much space. Besides, it works on any surface, but causes some noise unlike the best silent mouse.
As a designer, getting a new mouse is a big deal because this little device will be one of your main tools of the trade.
So, when you are shopping for the best mouse for Adobe Illustrator, you have to consider the things you do before spending.
Ultimately, your workflow should play the biggest role in steering your purchase decision. As a result, there are some key things you will need to have at the back of your head when shopping.