Best Mouse for Small Hands – Your small hands don’t make you a bad gamer, but think of it this way. You wouldn’t buy the wrong size of running shoes for yourself, would you? The simple answer is no – your performance could be hindered!
The same can be said for choosing the wrong gaming mouse. Ultimately your mouse is just an extension of your hand, but having the right option may give you an extra leg up for getting the best possible scores. Finding the right gaming mouse for your small hands is thus essential.
But wait – how do you know if you actually need a gaming mouse for small hands? Well, the average length of the adult male’s hand is around 7.6 inches, with the female’s measuring at 6.8 inches. If your hands are a lot smaller than this then your hands are smaller than average. In this case, you should be on the lookout for the best gaming mouse for small hands.
There is always a gaming mouse suitable for your hand size. Whether you have a big, medium, or small sized hand, you just have to look a little harder to get the one that fits perfectly. While a comfortable fit may not be the only factor that contributes to a terrific gaming experience, it plays a critical role.
We’ve had a blast while creating our special list of the best ergonomic mouse for small hands. Our team underwent countless hours of research and testing to ensure the best possible options for all of our faithful readers.back to menu ↑
1.SteelSeries Rival 310
- Features Player Unknown's Battleground's Iconic Air drop crate graphic
- Custom TrueMove3 12,000 CPI optical sensor engineered for esports
- Ergonomically-designed for extreme comfort and performance
- Exclusive split-trigger left/right buttons deliver fast clicks and consistent feel
- Two-zone, multi-color Prism RGB illumination to match your battle station
back to menu ↑
2.Razer DeathAdder V2
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
back to menu ↑
- Optical tracking technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen Quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency; The blue 40mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable KensingtonWorks software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
- ChromeOS user can get HID functions for a trackball but will not be able to customize their device through KensingtonWorks.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and chrome (version 44 and later); plug & play installation gets you clicking and scrolling through the reliable wired USB connection, and it does not need batteries; 5 Year
back to menu ↑
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
back to menu ↑
- 【RGB Mouse】One button to adjust 7 RGB color effect gaming mouse,creates a cool and colorful game atmosphere to enhance the excitement of the game.Best for pc games.
- 【Gaming Mouse】With 6 D-P-I levels available from 800-1600-2400-3200-4000-4800 Dots Per Inch,can easily adjust the D-P-I to match the mouse speed instantly for different game scenarios.
- 【Highly Accurate Mouse】With a high-precision positioning game engine for accurate positioning and stable transmission. 7 buttons tested 3,000,000 clicks, strong durability.
- 【Ergonomic Mouse】Skin-friendly surface mouse, with non-slip side to reduct hand sweat. Plug and play.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Support Windows 2000/2003/ Win7 / 8 /10/ Vista/ ME/ Mac OS/ Linux
back to menu ↑
- Pro gaming mouse is created by Logitech G and top competitive eSports professionals for performance play. Weight is 3 ounce
- Advanced PMW3366 optical gaming sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy at any hand speed for pixel precise targeting and high speed maneuvers across the entire 200 to 12,000 DPI range
- Metal Spring Button Tensioning System designed for ultra-consistent and reliable click performance at the highest level of competition. 6 Programmable Buttons
- Customizable with up to 16.8 million RGB lighting colors to match your style, team colors and setup plus synchronize with other Logitech G gaming gear
- Six programmable buttons and onboard memory make it easy to setup and store one-trigger custom commands for your favorite games Physical specifications-Height: 116.6 mm Width: 62.15 mm Depth: 38.2 mm
back to menu ↑
- PREVENTS WRIST DISCOMFORT - Evoluent's ergonomic VM4SW VerticalMouse 4 gently supports your right hand in an upright neutral position. The patented shape prevents you from twisting your forearm like what you usually do with an ordinary mouse.
- PROGRAM YOUR MOUSE TO YOUR NEEDS - Install the Evoluent Mouse Manager onto your computer to configure the VerticalMouse's buttons. Not only can you change their function but you can also set how the buttons work within different programs. CONNECTION: Wireless USB Receiver
- ADJUST MOUSE-SPEED FROM LOW TO HIGH - You can adjust the pointer speed from low to high with the optical sensor controls on the side of the mouse. There is no need to release the grip for speed adjustment.
- OFFERS OPTIMUM COMFORT - The VerticalMouse 4 has a broader lip along the bottom edge that prevents the pinky finger from rubbing the desk. The thumb has been reshaped from earlier version to provide more comfort
- HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse is plug-n-play compatible with all operating systems that support USB. Basic button and wheel functions work without additional drivers. SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY: VerticalMouse comes with Mouse Manager software for customizing the buttons. Mouse Manager is compatible with: Windows 7 and 10 Mac OS 10.5 to 10.14 (update for 10.15 is under development. Third party software may be used in place of Mouse Manager for OS 10.15.)
back to menu ↑
- SIZE & STYLE: Ambidextrous ultra lightweight gaming mouse ideal for [MEDIUM to LARGE] hands. Built for speed, control, and comfort.
- ULTRA FLEXIBLE CABLE: The weight of our Braided 'Ascended' Cord is so little it produces a drag-free wireless feel.
- MOUSE FEET: Our Glorious Skates are 100% pure Virgin PTFE that will glide like blades on ice
- E-SPORT CUSTOMIZATION: 6-Step DPI, lighting effects, polling rate, lift off distance, click/scroll speed, 6 buttons with macro support, and more.
- FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: 180-Day Replacement Guarantee + 2 Year Warranty - If anything happens, simply contact our customer support team and you will get a quick response from our representatives.
back to menu ↑
- Three ways to connect: sub-1ms SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS technology, low-latency Bluetooth wireless technology, or USB wired.
- Play with pinpoint accuracy and precision thanks to a custom PixArt PAW3392 native 18, 000 DPI optical sensor, optimized for wireless mice with extremely low power consumption and customizable in 1 DPI resolution steps.
- Hyper-polling technology communicates with your PC at up to 2, 000Hz, twice the speed of standard gaming mice, ensuring blazingly fast response times.
- Charges with an easy-to-use, reversible USB-C connector, or wirelessly with any Qi-compatible charging device such as the CORSAIR MM1000 mouse pad.
- Comfortable contoured shape with two included interchangeable side grips for a tailored fit.
- Nine-zonedynamic RGB backlighting, including an integrated light bar with five individually addressable RGB LEDs, offers near endless customization of colors and lighting effects.
- Get an in-game advantage with eight buttons, fully programmable with custom macros and button remaps.
- Up to 50 hours of continuous battery-powered wireless gaming, or plug in for wired mode to continue gameplay while charging.
- High-performance Omron switches rated for more than 50 million clicks
- Powerful CORSAIR iCUE software lets you assign macros, adjust polling rate, customize RGB lighting effects synchronized across all of your iCUE-compatible devices, and much more.
back to menu ↑
- ERGONOMIC MOUSE: Vertical mouse promotes better positioning of the wrist and forearm while operating the mouse for more comfort; Suitable for long working hours; Portable size mouse that will not need much space to be carried around while travelling
- CONVENIENT DESIGN - A 6-button layout with built-in DPI switch button; You can switch DPI between 800/1600; Easy access layout with side buttons mapped as shortcuts for forwards and backwards the navigating history; Dimensions: 4.13 x 2.64 x 2.28 inches (10.5 x 6.7 x 5.8 cm)
- SMOOTH TRACKING MOVEMENT - The advanced optical tracking sensor provides smooth and accurate tracking movement on any type of surface; The USB wired version (with the length cable of 5.9 feet (1.8 meters)) offers stable connection to your computer
- SILENT-CLICK MOUSE - Suitable for those who needs a silent working environment, whether preference or limiting distractions when working
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY - Supports HID (Human Interface Device) spec; Designed for Windows 7, 8, 10 (Note: All of the features will work with Mac operating system); Easy installation with easy Plug and Play feature, no drivers needed; Package Includes: 1x PERIMICE-519, 1x manual
back to menu ↑
Best Mouse for Small Hands – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Things to Consider
Now that you’ve seen our picks for the best gaming mouse for small hands, you may be wondering how exactly you should go about choosing the best option.
Well, before you put your finger on that buy now button, here are just a few of the things that you should take into consideration.
The very first thing to consider is whether you game using your left or your right hand. Right handed gamers generally tend to have a lot more options available to them, so congratulations if you are ambidextrous or right handed. It’s a little more challenging to find a mouse if you are left handed, however.
Many manufacturers don’t tend to pay attention to left handed ergonomics, though there are certainly options out there that are fantastic for left handed gamers.
It’s important to look out for certain things if you are left handed. Generally a manufacturer will not outright state whether the mouse has been made for left handed users, but you can usually tell whether a mouse is suitable for left handed people by looking at the pictures.
If you see dimples or contours positioned on the left of the mouse then the mouse is designed to be used by left handed people. If you find that the left half looks very similar to the right half though, this is an indication that the mouse is an ambidextrous one so it can be used both by left and right handed users.
The biggest question is, should you have a heavier or a more lightweight mouse for gaming? This is a tricky question to answer, as a weighted mouse can be incredibly beneficial for gaming. With that being said, it’s not an essential thing to consider if you have small hands, mainly because heavier mice are going to be more tiring for you to use.
What’s the alternative? Look for a mouse that comes with a number of different weights. This means that you can change the weight of the mouse based on your individual requirements. It should be noted though that a heavier mouse is going to improve accuracy, but you will get a faster response from a more lightweight mouse.
There are a whole bunch of mouse options out there, so it can be a little tricky to narrow things down by brand name. You could theoretically use pretty much any gaming mouse so long as it isn’t designed for larger hands, so having an awareness of brands is pretty important.
You will be paying a lot more money for a bigger brand name, but if the company is new then the chances are that the mouse will be more affordable.
To start with, look for the right size of mouse for you, look for the number of buttons you need and anything else that will help you achieve the best performance before you select a brand name. A brand name isn’t all that important, though you will likely get much better service from a long standing brand.
The vast majority of gaming mice on the market come with a wide range of different buttons designed to enhance your gaming performance. If you have smaller hands though you should avoid buying a mouse that has an excessive amount of buttons as you may not be able to reach them all.
One other thing to consider is a mouse that has buttons you can operate just by using your thumb. This is quite useful for right handed users because most gaming mice will have thumb buttons positioned to the left. If you are left handed then you will need buttons on the right.
The number of buttons that you should get is largely going to depend on your gaming style and the sorts of games that you play most often. It goes without saying that an MMO game is going to require more buttons, but if you’re just playing FPS then you may only need around four or five buttons on the whole mouse. As a rule of thumb, get a mouse that has one button for the DPI change and two extra buttons, aside from the standard scroller, left and right mouse buttons.
If you’re unfamiliar with what DPI is, we won’t bore you with the over complicated explanation – it’s essentially the speed that the mouse cursor on screen moves while you are using it.
If you’re a gamer then it’s a good idea to have a number of DPI settings and the ability to switch between them all without any trouble. Ideally you should look for a mouse that gives you the ability to choose the precise DPI for every single profile.
You will usually find that a mouse will have DPI settings already put into the mouse so it’s not possible to change them later on. With that being said though, there are certainly some mice that give you the option to change the DPI settings for each and every profile.
This is especially important if you have small hands. Smaller hands don’t put as much weight on the mouse than larger hands often do, and this lower weight means that you don’t get as much stability in the mouse tracking and the movement. The normal settings on a mouse may not work for your gameplay style. That’s why adjustability is important.
Wired or Wireless
This is mainly a personal preference, but in our opinion, a wired gaming mouse has a lot to offer. The wiring mainly comes down to the accuracy as a whole, as the movements will take longer to register on screen with a wireless mouse.
A few seconds may not matter with some games, but if you’re online for a competitive game then being one second too slow can mean that your entire game is ruined. If you would prefer the portability of a wireless mouse then it is a totally valid option, but if you intend to play fast paced games then it’s best to opt for a wired mouse.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
Can you aim better using a smaller mouse?
Again, this depends on your hands. You should try a regular and a small mouse, then decide from there what exactly works the best for you. If you find a smaller mouse much easier to handle and your control is better, then obviously opt for a smaller mouse.
Alternatively if you find that you have better movement and control with a bigger mouse then you can just opt for a regular mouse.back to menu ↑
When it comes to gaming, only the best equipment will do. If you want to have the best possible success on whatever game you’re playing, ultimately you want to have the best mouse for the job if you’re playing on PC.
The only issue is that some computer mice just aren’t made for all hands, so if you have small hands you may find it a little more difficult to get the best possible option for you.