Best Mouse for Solidworks – Solidworks is a demanding software. It requires the right set of tools in order for you to work productively. Besides having the right PC hardware, you also need the right PC peripherals.
Whether you are looking for a mouse that can help you navigate through 3D space or looking for a mouse with plenty of programmable keys for your macros, we hope this guide pointed you to the right direction.
In this article we looked at some of the best mouse for Solidworks. These mice are designed specifically to CAD designers and engineers.
1.Adesso Adesso G1
Pros & Cons
2.PICTEK Gaming Mouse
Pros & Cons
- [Excellent gaming performance with 7200 dpi and 4 polling rate]pictek t7 programmable gaming mice, default five dpi levels available from 1200/2400/3500/5500/7200 dpi. With two dpi button, you can adjust the dpi easily to get high accuracy and consistent responsiveness at any speed. 4 polling rate is adjustable: 125hz/250hz/500hz/1000hz, polling rate ensures smooth and high-speed movement, up to 1000hz makes it faster and more accurate than ordinary mouse.
- [All mouse buttons are programmable] support macro editing, 7 mouse buttons can be programmed by pictek easy-to-program gaming software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for different games. Great value and control fps gaming mouse, also excellent for moba/ rts games (driver disk included or download the software from brand website, see instructions for details). Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows xp, vista, linux etc. ( Note: no programming function for mac system).
- [16 million color fancy cool led backlit] 16 million color options for the backlight setting to match your style. Easily shut on and off the backlight with the convenient switch on the bottom. Plus, adopts high-definition optical gaming sensor, ensure quickly switch for different games. Mode selection: steady on/breathing/flicker+light effect/steady on+light effect. Color: red blue green purple yellow.
- [Ergonomic design] pictek t7 with symmetrical & streamlined provides a comfortable claw-grip design, long-term use without fatigue. Top choice for computer game players to keep your grip firmly during game play. Excellent cool wired pc gaming mouse for casual gamers. Comes with 5 foot, 3mm strong high-speed fiber cable.
- [Reliable quality & service] pictek t7 pc gaming mouse, 30 million clicks lifespan , intricate polish manufacturing processes and meticulous assembly provide the functional reliability of the mouse for years. Pictek will spare no effort to provide the satisfied service to every customer, keep in touch with us when you meet any problem, we will reply you within 12 hours to help you.
Pros & Cons
- Your hand can relax in comfort hour after hour with this ergonomically designed mouse. Its contoured shape with soft rubber grips, gently curved sides and broad palm area give you the support you need for effortless control all day long.
- You’ve got the control to do more, faster. Flipping through photo albums and Web pages is a breeze, especially for right-handers—with three standard buttons plus Back/Forward buttons that you can also program to switch applications, go full screen and more. And side-to-side scrolling plus zoom gives you the power to scroll horizontally and vertically through your music library, maps and Facebook feeds, and zoom in and out of photos and budget spreadsheets with a click.
- 2 years of battery life practically eliminates the need to replace batteries. The On/Off switch helps conserve power, smart sleep mode extends battery life and an indicator light eliminates surprises.
- The tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your laptop. There’s no need to unplug it when you move around, so there’s less worry of it being lost. And you can easily add compatible wireless mice and keyboards to the same wireless receiver.
4.Razer DeathAdder V2
Pros & Cons
- Focus 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision. Razer Optical Switches – 70M Click Durability
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w, included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
Pros & Cons
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE; built for Gaming Computers - Ergonomic Redragon M602-RGB “Griffin” RGB Backlit Gaming PC Mouse up to 7200 DPI (user adjustable 800/1200/1600/2400/7200 DPI), 10G acceleration. The High-Precision Sensor delivers Pinpoint Accuracy while the Gaming Grade Micro Switches ensure longevity, greater durability and extreme responsiveness, giving you an even greater edge over your competition
- RGB BACKLIT MMO PROGRAMMABLE PC GAMING MOUSE; 7 MMO user programmable buttons, 5 Memory Profiles each with distinct LED color option for quick identification. 7 different backlight modes. (Backlight can be disabled) The Redragon M602-RGB Gaming Mouse offers you total personalization for your Gaming Computer and Gaming Laptop
- ERGONOMIC GAMER MOUSE; Delivering an extremely comfortable and precise experience for Computer Games. The ergonomic shape of the Redragon M602-RGB PC Gaming Mouse is built for comfort, fits naturally in your hand, the buttons are tuned to reduce click fatigue
- HIGH-END PC GAMING MOUSE FEATURES; The Redragon M602-RGB Mouse features; Built-in Weight Tuning for the right balance, Anti-Skid Scroll Wheel, Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads for ultimate gaming control. 7 programmable buttons. Total 8 buttons. The Mouse works great with Redragon Gaming Mousepads & Keyboards. Comes with 6 foot, 3mm strong high-speed braided fiber cable and a gold-plated corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- PC GAMING MOUSE COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Mac OS support Works well with all major Gaming Computers Brands and Gaming Laptops
Pros & Cons
- Optical tracking technology provides precise cursor movement for superior accuracy so you can get where you want on the screen Quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency; The blue 40mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control
- Unique scroll Ring let you move up and down web pages or documents with ease; ambidextrous design works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users
- Detachable Wrist rest softly cushions and cradles the hand and wrist in an ergonomic position for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer
- Free downloadable KensingtonWorks software provides a personalized experience, giving you the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the 2 buttons, as well as adjusting cursor and scrolling speeds
- ChromeOS user can get HID functions for a trackball but will not be able to customize their device through KensingtonWorks.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and chrome (version 44 and later); plug & play installation gets you clicking and scrolling through the reliable wired USB connection, and it does not need batteries; 5 Year
7.UtechSmart Venus Pro
Pros & Cons
- 【Extensive Fully Programmable Buttons】16 customizable buttons can improve your gaming skills and performance by complex custom button macro coding of reconfiguration and assignment. The button custom function combines multiple keys into one button that reducing your arsenal of spells (actions) and response time. 12 of 16 thumb grip programmable buttons were designed by different inclination angles to fit for your thumb tip to click.
- 【Dual Modes with Ultra-Speed Wireless Technology】UtechSmart VENUS Pro RGB Wireless MMO Gaming Mouse is a new revolution of RGB MMO gaming mouse. It has 2.4 GHz data transmission technology with Mini signal receiver(Nano) and stable 1. 5m wire transmission that provides professional-level performance. VENUS Pro overcomes the traditional limitation of wireless latency and connectivity which offers stable and fast data transmission with 10-meter reception boundary. You can take this mouse anywhere!
- 【Endurable Battery Lifetime】 UtechSmart Venus Pro Wireless RGB MMO gaming mouse has special auto sleeping mode and low power consumption mode or extending the battery life of wireless mode. Large battery (1000mA) capacity which offers to recharge over 300 times and single 2 hours fully charge. The wireless mode lasts up to 70 hours that fulfill your long-time gaming experience. Moreover, UtechSmart actuation software provides battery specify consumption monitoring for you.
- 【Customizable Mouse High Precision Optical Sensor】Thousands of customers and professional gamers have tested and verified its function. Venus Pro has an UtechSmart custom PixArt PMW3335 ultra-accurate Optical sensor. Up to 16000 DPI with 5 DPI switchable stages and 1000 Hz polling rate that offers you an incomparable MMO and FPS gaming experience. The huge adjustable DPI range from 100-16000 comes with UtechSmart user-friendly software that can perfectly tweak the performance of mouse accuracy.
- 【Ergonomic Design Ensures Your Comfortable】Great as a real mouse stuck in your hand. The UtechSmart Venus Pro Wireless RGB MMO gaming mouse is flawlessly designed to alleviate wrist fatigue while being able to firmly hold the mouse in your hand. The grinding coating on the mouse surface increases the friction between your hand and the mouse. Grinding coating also provides gamer a extra comfortable sweat-resistant and skin-friendly gaming mouse.
- 【Amazing RGB Lighting and Reliable Buttons】Fully customize RGB lighting up to 16 Million colors and 4 programmable RGB modes (Steady Respiration Neon and Matte) by UtechSmart software. Software can be easily installed by inserting the drive software card into the USB port of your laptop. It's compatible with Windows98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win7 Mac10. For the gamer, the switch of a button is applied with a great microswitch which provides 10 million times click duration and without double click problem!
- 【You are our VIP customer】For each of you who purchased UtechSmart RGB MMO Wireless gaming mouse, we have lifetime product care. If your mouse has any problem, that you will get refund or a new mouse replacement. No any questioning. All you need to do is contact our CS team (Click on the store name). We hope you will have a wonderful shopping experience.
Pros & Cons
- ★ SAVE POWER & LONG BATTERY LIFE -- Newest low-power technology and top chip could save power 5 times than normal ones. Say goodbye to the troubles of replacing battery frequently. The INCLUDED battery is expected to last 3-6 months. If it is out of power, what you need to do is only replace it, and then you could continue to use the mouse as normal
- ★ 2.4 G & 1600 DPI -- With 2.4 G wireless technique, it could to be connected within 10 meters/ 30 ft. Please try to keep the least obstacles between the mouse and the USB transmitter if you intend to use it by a long distance. Precise optical engine with 1600 DPI tracking positioning could provide you wonderful and amazing experience
- ★ COMFORTABLE ALL-DAY-LONG -- Symmetric design allows to use by right hand, as well as left one. Ergonomic design makes you feel extremely comfortable, especially for long-time use. With comfortable contour design, your wrist will never not be fatigue or painful any more
- ★ TINY USB RECEIVER -- Be hidden in the bottom of the mouse, the USB transmitter could be kept in the USB interface of your computer all the time, or be inserted into the bottom of the mouse when you won’t use it for a long time. Minimize the number of unplugging USB could avoid USB damage effectively and extend the service life of the mouse
- ★ INTELLIGENT SLEEP MODE -- With NO SWITCH and NO LIGHT Save-power Design, it will be in sleep mode automatically within 5 minutes when you don’t move it, and will be activated smartly by moving it or click the button of the mouse. What’s more, it’s normal to see no red indicator light at the bottom during the usage.
9.Hopcd Silent-Click Mouse
Pros & Cons
- 2.4G wireless transmission technology, energy saving, built‑in storage, smart connection, no need password.
- Mute design, 15M/16.4yd wireless receiving distance, super anti‑interference ability, quiet and elegant office wireless mouse.
- The default is 1200dpi, and the maximum is 1600dpi. You can set the dpi speed by searching the mouse device through the computer.
- High resolution, maximum 1600 DPI high resolution for fluid motion, add one‑click desktop function to quickly return to the desktop.
- 250Hz high rate return chip, faster data transmission, faster cursor positioning.Comfortable grip, good hand feeling, stylish appearance, with USB port at the bottom.
10.LEKVEY Vertical Wireless Mouse
Pros & Cons
- ✔ ERGONOMIC, SLEEK AND RECHARGEABLE DESIGN -- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain
- ✔ MULTIFUNCTION AND CONVENIENT -- Advanced "Page Back" and "Page Forward" functionality buttons provide convenience when web page browsing. 800 /1200/1600 DPI Levels -- Easily adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse
- ✔ HIGH-CAPACITY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY -- Built-in rechargeable battery. You no longer need to buy batteries, very convenient !! EASY TO USE -- One nano USB receiver at the bottom of the mouse, Just Plug and Play!
- ✔ WIDELY COMPATIBLE -- Widely compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 / Linux. 【Note: Not compatible with Mac OS, Apple Products】 Once you get used to the ergonomic mouse, you will love it so much !
- ✔ GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE -- Rest assured that all Acedada our LEKVEY ergonomic vertical mouse have unconditional 24-month product warranty ( Replace or Refund ) as well as lifetime easy-to-reach technical support
Best Mouse for Solidworks – BUYER’S GUIDE
This feature adds to the value of a mouse immensely especially when the mouse is meant for modeling components and objects.
As it turns out, many shortcut keys can be used in Solidworks to make the modeling process smoother and more intuitive.
To achieve a high degree of flexibility, having these shortcut keys easily available on one key, and having those keys on a mouse make work much easier.
Not only will you move your arms around less, trying to hit those keys on the keyboard, you will also have far less strain on your arms which will reduce fatigue during long working hours.
There’s no set figure on the most optimal number of programmable keys so this will depend entirely on the user’s preferences.
As a Solidworks designer, working on a computer with a mouse in hand is a normal occurrence. There may be times when the working day is longer than normal.
With a regular mouse, the chances of suffering from RSIs (Repetitive Strain Injuries) are heightened because of repetitive movements. This can be mitigated by having an ergonomic mouse that feels more natural in the hand and offers a more comfortable grip.
Whether the mouse’s top surface is contoured or constructed with a vertical profile, ergonomic mice provide users with a comfortable feel, especially when working for extended periods.
Also Read: Best Mouse for Revit
Comfort and customizability improve a user’s performance when working in Solidworks. But other features make work a bit easier.
Users can opt for wireless mice if they don’t like the look and feel of a wired mouse. This is mainly a preference issue.
At the same time, a mouse’s sensor plays a huge role in the performance, and getting one that can work on any surface like glass can be beneficial.
Also, the cost of the unit if an important factor to consider.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose the Right Mouse for Solidworks and CAD in General?
When it comes to 3D solid modeling, you will need a good mouse as the tasks will often involve high precision and good response times.
Because the 3D models will most likely be going into production and may have to be integrated into already existing systems, users will need to cut precise shapes and make very accurate measurements to reduce errors or variability in the final product.
Solidworks is a CAD (Computer-Aided Design) program used for solid modeling. It helps designers create both simple and complex models and allows them to visualize and iterate on the models without having to build out the actual product.
To take full advantage of this, you will not only need a capable computer, but also the right peripherals.