Best Mini Itx Cases for Airflow – Cooling is ironically one of the hottest topics in the PC enthusiast circles. While the average person will often overlook this side of PC building, a seasoned veteran or a well-informed builder knows that a cool case gives you a noticeable bump in performance and adds longevity to your components.
1.Lian Li LAN2MRX LANCOOL II
Pros & Cons
- Computer case with premium look. Dimensions: 9.0 x 19.4 x 18.8 inch. Strong steel structure with plenty of room for all components, make it durable and roomy for your upgrade PC, premium build, home theater and gaming PC
- Gaming PC case with double hinged flip tempered glass side panels allows for a great view of your RGB components and open/close. Changing motherboard size supporting EATX, ATX, mATX and Mini-ITX
- Full tower chassis with ease installation design. Optimized 9 drive mountings, modular PSU shroud cover and multi-way fan/radiator bracket. Change with no more pain
- Desktop computer shell case with professional cable management solution. Hidden cable organization space behind the motherboard tray. I/O essentials includes 2xUSB 3.0, TRRS audio, color control, lighting mode control
- Advanced cooling support with mesh front panel, mesh bottom left shroud panel, honeycomb vent design, and 3 Pre-installed 120mm ARGB fans. ensuring bountiful airflow delivered to your high-performance components while adorning the system with an RGB touch
Lian Li used to be known as that one manufacturer that only built all-aluminum cases, which felt wonderfully premium but also landed heavy on our wallets. Then, a while back, the company started using painted steel to cut costs and appeal to a mainstream audience, a philosophy from which the original Lancool II was birthed.
Now Lian Li is launching the Lancool II Mesh, of which we have the Performance variant at hand. This chassis is a new variant of the original Lancool II, which we awarded 4.5 stars but was a little lacking in the performance department. With a new mesh front, performance is a problem of the past.
2.Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
Pros & Cons
- Iconic angular mesh design provides filtered airflow
- Dual-layout interior easily fits motherboards up to E-ATX and SSI-EEB
- New case design opens up to fully expose interior on three sides
- Supports up to 18 HDDs and 5 SSD mounts in default Storage Layout
- Exceptional water cooling with radiators up to 480 mm, front or top
- 9x 140 mm or 11x 120 mm fan positions
We started testing the Meshify 2 XL even before our Meshify 2 review went up, which should give some idea of how busy the last few months have been. The Meshify 2 XL is to the Define 7 XL what the Meshify 2 was to the Define 7: essentially the same case, but with redesigned outer panels. We’ve never reviewed a Fractal XL case before, though, so this model is all new to us.
We’re keeping the build section relatively brief this time to avoid repeating information from our Meshify 2 non-XL review. Check that content for basic information on elements that the two cases share, like cable management and the front panel design–this review fills in the blanks and adds additional information, so the original content is must-see for anyone considering buying one of these cases.
Pros & Cons
- MESH Front Panel for Optimised High Airflow, Dual Chamber design for better airflow and cable management.
- Tempered Glass side panel: 5mm Tempered Glass, 70% transmittance to show off the system , USB2.0 x 2, USB3.0 x2
- Motherboard Support : E-AT, ATX, m-ATX, mini-ITX . Water Cooling Ready : Support 240/280 mm Radiator in the top and front side and vertical Graphic card support.
- GPU Max Support 330 mm /13 inches , CPU Cooler Max height 168mm /6.6 inches.
- Easy to use : the fan hub allow you to control the fan speed and LED mode by remote control, or connect to the motherboard, control the fan speed by PWM and light by ASUS Aura Sync (ARGB) , MSI Mystic Light Sync (J-Rainbow) and GIGABYTE RGB Fusion/ Fusion2.0(5V addressable 3pins header on motherboard).
Wanna join us as we check out and review the new Anidees AI Crystal XL AR, a full tower PC chassis with 5 mm thick tinted tempered glass front and side panels. At first glance, it feels like a bigger variant of the previously reviewed Anidees AI-Crystal Tempered Glass. This chassis is huge (620x235x595mm (LxWxH)) and made of 1 mm thick steel, bringing the total weight towards 20 kg, a remarkable impression by today’s standards. This case can house HPTX, XL-ATX, E-ATX (12″x13″) SSI-EEB, ATX, M-ATX and mini-ITX motherboards and still leaves plenty of space for other stuff.
You can mount up to fifteen 3.5” storage units in hidden cages, even seventeen 2.5” drives in drive bays and that’s, yeah, absolutely crazy. At the front, there are the usuals in terms of ports, USB 3.0 (2x), USB 2.0 (2x), 3.5 mm HD audio jacks and fan controller are there.
4.Thermaltake Level 20 HT
Pros & Cons
- [Clear view] - four 4mm thick Tempered Glass panels protect the chassis while providing easy access to the components
- [Patented rotational radiator bracket design] - place the radiator bracket vertically or horizontally for custom loop design
- [Extreme Liquid Cooling system] - Dual loop Liquid Cooling system ensures the best performance form the best features and fitment
- [Aio supported] - capable of fit up to 360mm AIO at the bottom or the side of the case
- [4+1 drive bay] – 2. 5"/3. 5" X 4 with HDD cage + 2. 5" X 1 with HDD bracket
- Two 140mm top fan with Removable filters pre-installed
- Supports Mini ITX, Micro ATX, ATX, E-ATX motherboard
- I/O port - Type-C x 1, USB 3. 0 x 1, USB 2. 0 x 2, HD Audio x 1
- Max CPU cooler height: 260mm/ Max VGA length: 400mm/ Max PSU length: 200mm
- Dimension – 23. 13" X 18. 43" X 19. 8"/ 44. 93 lbs
The Thermaltake Level 20 HT measures in at 613 x 468 x 503mm. Or 24.13 x 18.43 x 19.8 inches if you so prefer. That’s pretty darn big, and the whole thing stands with the size and shape of a rack mount cabinet. It is a full tower, so as you could expect, it’ll support E-ATX motherboards with ease. GPU, CPU, PSU and other clearances just aren’t going to be an issue either.
It has 260mm clearance for the CPU cooler, and there isn’t an air cooler on the market that big. The GPU has 400mm clearance and the PSU 200mm clearance. So, a big PC case has lots of space inside, there’s a shocker!
5.InWin A1 Plus Black Mini-ITX
Pros & Cons
- Personalize your rig with addressable RGB modes! The A1 Plus features a tinted transparent stand and the addressable RGB lights Pierce through to create an awesome lighting experience.
- The A1 Plus comes with two complementary Sirius loop ASL120 fans. The matte black structure is fitted with dual radiant addressable RGB loops. The circular RGB Outline is presented on both sides of the fan So lighting is present no matter the fan placement.
- The PSU is prebuilt within the A1 Plus with the cables already managed and is accommodated with two GPU connectors (PCI-E 6 + 2-pin) for high-end graphics cards. Power Supply Compatibility - InWin 650W PSU Included. AC Input/Efficient - AC input: 100-240V / 80 PLUS Gold
- The A1 Plus's convenient wireless charging Station is now WPC Qi 1.2 Certified. It NOW emits 10W of power to strengthen the charging capacity to Qi enabled mobile devices and gaming mice.
- The square structure provides a hassle-free installation, and the capacity to house powerful hardware in its Mini-ITX form. The A1 Plus supports a CPU heatsink height up to 160mm and accommodates up to 320mm length Graphics cards.
The In Win A1 is a compact chassis that clearly speaks the design language we have come to love from the company, but aims to combine a compact size with excellent balance in compatibility. To achieve this, the unit comes with a 600 W PSU purpose-built for the chassis, which gives it an edge over other brands that may not have the ability to design their own power supplies.
While we have the classic A1 in black for review, you also have the choice of a white version. In Win even followed up with the A1 Plus, which upgrades the PSU slightly and includes two fans right out of the box.
Best Mini Itx Cases for Airflow – The best airflow PC cases are products that compliment your expensive hardware by giving you the tools to unleash its maximum potential.