Best Silent Pc Cases – There has been an emergence of really great cases that focus on various noise-dampening padding/insulation, modular components to reduce fan requirements/isolate vibrating parts, and many other factors. These features combine into a desktop that is capable of outputting extremely low decibels whether you are idling or testing the computer to its limits.
Whether it’s for home theatre (HTPC), gaming, streaming, video editing, or music/studio production, here are the best quiet PC cases available for all budgets, tastes, and sizes (looking at you, mATX/Mini-ITX builders).
1.Fractal Design Define 7
- Compact yet spacious interior fits ATX, mATX and mITX motherboards
- Fits GPUs up to 360 mm with a 240 mm radiator in the top
- Fits two 2.5”/3.5” drives plus up to four SSDs
- Top panel effortlessly swaps from solid steel to filtered ventilation
- Removable top exposes interior for easy installation and cable routing
- Silence-optimized construction with industrial sound-damping
- Holds up to 7 x 120 mm or 4 x 140 mm fans (one of each size included)
Fractal Design’s Define series has long been a favorite in the enthusiast community for its class-leading performance and quality construction. We have the white tempered-glass version of the Fractal Design Define 7 mid-tower ATX case on the test bench today to see what it has to offer.
The Fractal Design Define 7 bears a remarkable resemblance to the Define R6, R5 and Define S. The cases look so much alike that one could be forgiven for confusing them at first glance. The company seems to be going with the “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it” line of thinking in terms of aesthetics and style.
2.Corsair Carbide Series 100R
- Clean, modern design: A more mature, understated design that fits well into any setup
- Sound-damping side panels: Overall PC noise is reduced, resulting in a quieter rig
- 3-speed fan controller: Fans can power on overdrive when performance requires it
- Two 120mm fans included: Sleek fans give builders a head start on cooling their system
- USB 3.0 compatible: For modern connectivity. Case Material: Steel
- Easy installation and upgradability: The tool-free side door makes access to the case's interior a breeze
They even offer the gamer an indirect intake air cooling from the side gills to keep the front nice clean and less noisy and you get that “Monster Corsair Obsidian” look on the front end with the faux brushed aluminum anodized look of a plastic front end. No one will know but you and it beats the other cases that are in this price range by a country mile.
Would you believe it? Well truthfully I am slightly skeptical too, but I really am rooting for Corsair’s newest 100R Carbide Series Case to make a true believer out of me, but we will see as the Review continues on.
3.be quiet! Pure Base 600 Black
- Highly versatile, with repositionable HDD slots and a removable ODD cage
- Water cooling ready for radiators up to 360mm on front, top and rear
- Adjustable top cover vent with enhanced cooling options and mounting Location for a radiator
- Two pre-installed be quiet! pure wings 2 fans assure whisper-quiet operation
The be quiet! Pure Base 600 ships in two distinct variants. You may pick between solid side panels or a version with a tempered glass window on one side. We actually were shipped both cases, but since the interior is identical, we will review the unit with the glass material.
Also, unlike other be quiet! cases, the Pure Base 600 is only available in black or silver. We got the former to take a look at today.
4.Phanteks Eclipse P600S
- Equipped With Phanteks’ High Airflow Fabric For Maximum Cooling And Dust Filtration. Fully Equipped With Dust Filters. Weight Reinforced Sound Dampening Panels To Reduce Noise
- Removable Magnetic Silent Panels. Removable Tempered Glass Side Panel. Better Cable Management With The Dual Velcro Ties
- Psu Bracket To Help Make Installing And Removing Psu Easier. Included Air Flow Cover To Prevent Hot Air From Re-Circulating. Support Intensive Water-Cooling
- Support Massive Storage Capacity (10X Hdd And 3X Ssds). Integrated Fill And Drain Port Location. Front I/O With Type C Gen 2. Integrated Pwm Hub (Supports 8 Fans)
This time we’re checking out the new Phanteks Eclipse P600S mid-tower PC chassis. The Dutch company is keeping up the pace, as this is another new product after the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, which we reviewed at the end of October 2018. This time it’s a chassis from a bit lower segment of the market (but that doesn’t mean it’s low-end). It combines the advantages of two approaches – silence and performance.
“The Eclipse P600S is designed to bring you the best of two worlds. A hybrid forged between silent and high-performance chassis. Find the optimal configuration in any situation by switching between quiet or performance mode. Designed with effective soundproofing panels and Phanteks’ new high airflow fabric, the Eclipse P600S offers the full potential of two opposites, minimum noise and maximum airflow.”
5.ATX Mid-Tower PC Case
- [Super Silent] The top, front, left and right sides of ABKONCORE S500M are covered with sound insulating material to suppress vibration and noise generated inside the case. It’s safe to say this case is geared towards customers who are serious about their quiet time.
- [Great Thermal Performance] The main reason for S500M good thermal management is a good air-flow design, as well as a large 120mm fans in the front and in the rear end of the chassis that are included in the package. Also enough place for water-cooling ready, including the 120mm/140mm/240mm radiators.
- [Decent Storage Capabilities] S500M has two 2.5” drive bays support max 6ea SSD and max 2ea HDD. CPU cooler max 168mm, GPU max 390mm. And thanks to the good connectivity options that include the one 3.0 USB ports.
- [High Intensity Material] S500M pc case is painted with a satin black finish. It is primarily heavy gauge steel with the front panel and door being made of ABS. This case is devoid of any windows and you won’t find any RGB lights either. ABKONCORE has clearly built this case with a purpose in mind, silence.
- [18 months warranty] We are dedicated to bringing gaming accessories and peripherals that are efficient, comfortable and stylish. As part of our after-sale service, please contact us if you have any issues with the product and we will help make things right for you.
The best mid-tower cases will provide supreme housing for that gaming PC build you’ve been thinking of building. It may not be the greatest time to try and secure one of the best graphics cards, but you’ll be safe knowing your chassis can cope with all but the absolute pinnacle of system builds.
While you should check out the best full tower cases for a truly monumental, money-no-object build, a mid-tower case will give you a good starting point. Whether you’re jamming together a whole new PC, or eyeing an upgrade, these cases will offer plenty of space. It’s only once you get down to the best Mini-ITX cases that things really start to get tricky.
Best Silent Pc Cases – Years ago, having a loud computer was almost a boast point, “check out my huge, high-RPM fans through my thin case window!” one would shout over the sound of their jet-engine PC.