Best Power Supply Under 100 – A good power supply unit is an important component for a good overall PC build. For budget PC builds, it is best to allocate a portion of the budget to a trusted PSU to ensure safety and long life of components
A larger power supply like your 1000-watt PSU has more wattage allocation, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s more powerful. Your CPU and GPU will never take up more power than it actually needs.
A smaller size PSU can be more cost-efficient depending on the type of rig you’re building. If you go for a high wattage psu in low budget, the rating will be probably bronze and not gold. If you want both high wattage with gold rating, then you need to spend more.
We have just compiled a list of the 5 best PSUs under $100 that we recommend in 2021. Narrowing down the choices is in your hands now.
1.Corsair CX Series 750
Pros & Cons
- Builder Series cx, 750 Watt, modular power supply, NA version
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- Made in China
- Modular cabling system lets you use only the cables you need
- Built and tested to strict standards for trouble-free installation and smooth operation; Fan size millimeter: 135 millimeter
- 80 Plus Bronze certified efficiency for low noise and lower power bills
- Up to 85% energy efficiency means less heat generation
- 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power
- Universal AC input from 90-264V
- A dedicated single plus-12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
All of Corsair’s CX and CX-M units are made by Channel Well Technology, an OEM that keeps close ties with the company. Basically, the CX and CX-M models are based on a custom platform made specifically for Corsair. It’s even probable that Corsair’s PSU engineering team helped CWT with the design. And that’s why you won’t find this platform used anywhere else except in Corsair products.
The CX750M and flagship CX850M use a different platform than the other CX-M power supplies, including the recently-reviewed CX650M. Moreover, Corsair upgraded the CX-M family last year by increasing the capacity of certain models (the CX600M became the CX650M, for example) and upping the temperature rating from 30ºC to 40ºC.
Pros & Cons
- Fully modular
- 80 plus Gold certified
- DC-DC stable voltage output structure
- ATX PSU for gaming pc
- Full protection including OVP/UVP/OPP/SCP/OCP
ARESGAME AGV650 is a high-end power supply configuration with 80plus Bronze certified and 85% efficiency, specially designed for gaming. Features include black casing, black bushing cables and connectors, and black fan with intelligent fan speed control Excellent heat dissipation: honeycomb ventilation design combines with the fan function for better heat diffusion.
Convenient cable design: long cable length at least 500mm supports high-end case and meets users’ needs of the perfect cable.
3.Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB
Pros & Cons
- 10 RGB LED FAN - 120mm 10 RGB LED Fan displaying 7 colors (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Light Blue, White) with 3 illumination modes (Pulse, Full-Lighted, RGB Cycle)
- ONE BUTTON RGB CONTROL - RGB Lighting Button controls lighting effects. Total 16 modes
- 16 LIGHTING MODES - Pulse mode (7 colors), Full-Lighted (7 colors), RGB Cycle, and LED Off
- 80+ BRONZE - Efficiency up to 85% and optimized for C6/C7 States Ready
- ULTRA QUITE - 120mm hydraulic bearing fan superior cooling performance and silent operation
- 24 Pin x 1, ATX 12V 4+4 Pin x 1, SATA 4 Pin x 6, PCI-E 6+2 Pin x 2, Peripheral x 4, FDD Adapter x 1
- MAIN JAPANES CAPACITORS - 105°C/221°F Japanese capacitors provide superb performance and reliability
- INDUSTRIAL PROTECTIONS - (OPP) Over Power, (OVP) Over Voltage, and (SCP) Short-Circuit protections
- SINGLE +12V RAIL DESIG - Powerful 12V+ single rail supports today’s GPU demands supporting DC to DC design for stable, reliable power
- 5 YEAR
Thermaltake, Tt eSPORTS and LUXA2 have been merchandising throughout the world, and have successfully established 6 business footholds in areas such as Europe, America, Oceania, Japan and China, with 95 regional distributors and over 4000 premium retailers. All product planning is orientated by observation of global PC peripheral market and understanding of consumer demands.
Thermaltake creates direct contact opportunities with resellers and consumers by participating major global ICT exhibitions and trade shows every year, and develop innovative marketing strategies for the promotions of new products.
Meanwhile, Thermaltake incorporates the composite marketing system by making branch offices and regional distributors both the distribution channel and technical support or service center to provide instant support; by maintaining close contact with end users, we manage to strengthen corporate competitiveness and create the momentum for the growth of accomplishments.
With its outstanding wisdom and strength Thermaltake Group is recruiting creative talents to build a cultural brand for the enjoyment of entertainment, e-Sports, technology and lifestyle!
4.EVGA 500W 80PLUS
Pros & Cons
- EVGA 500 Watt; Unbeatable value
- 80 plus white certified, with 80 percentage efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP (Over voltage protection); UVP (Under voltage protection, OCP (Over current protection), OPP (Over power protection), and SCP (Short circuit protection)
- Compatibility of the EVGA 500 W1, 80 white 500 W, Power supply 100 W1 0500 KR (100 W1 0500 KR)
High-end products provide prestige to a manufacturer’s name, but the mainstream and mid-level ones pay the bills because they sell in much larger quantities. EVGA knows this and has released a mainstream PSU for the budget user’s small or secondary system at the same time as their new SuperNOVA units. Today’s star, the fresh EVGA Bronze 500 W unit, or 500B, is supposed to get the job done reliably without putting a dent into your bank account. Promising good performance and compatibility with Haswell’s advanced sleep states, we are pretty sure many of you will like this little fellow costing $50.
The 500B features a non-modular design, is 80 Plus Bronze certified, and has very compact dimensions. The OEM behind this unit is HEC/Compucase. This specific manufacturer produces affordable units, and we have actually encountered the same platform in our recent be quiet! L8-500 review. But there are differences between the two units sharing the same platform, and we will make sure to point them out to you in this review.
Pros & Cons
The Seasonic SFB SFX Power Supply is SFX 12 V v.2.31 compliant and offers important protection features for safe operation. Achieve up to 85% efficiency at 115 V AC at 50% load. The perfect solution for both business and those looking for a high quality and efficient SFX power supply!
Best Power Supply Under 100 – A PSU is the most critical component of a pc build, as it provides power to all components.
Failure to provide power properly could lead to system degradation or even damage but it is rare these days.
It is always recommended to get a good psu from a reputed brand instead of a cheap one. And for $100 you can get a quite powerful psu that is around 700W-850W and is modular in design.
A 700W psu can easily power a mid or high end pc build with powerful graphics card like RTX2080.