Best Dorm Vacuum – Then, I looked at which of these perform the best. This left me with a clear winner. However, I think it’s more money than some people will want to spend before heading off to college. That’s why I threw in my favorite budget vacuum for the dorms.
Oh yeah, and if you want something different, the last one I added is my favorite robot vacuum for the dorms. Because who has time clean?
Pros & Cons
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power rating : 9 ampere
- Dirt cup filters and post motor filter help capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle
This little canister is a real bargain. For $50 or so, you get a bagless unit with a lot of power and excellent maneuverability. Being so small, you can store it without any problem, as it will not take much of the room’s space.
Canister vacuums are usually large. However, for a dorm room, you need one that is light and compact in design. The Bissell Zing 2156A is one such vacuum. It weighs less than 8 pounds but it is powerful enough to clean up small messes in the room.
When it reaches the max dirt level, emptying is a walk in the park. It also comes with a few attachments for wholesome cleaning. These include a crevice tool and a dusting brush. Other positives include an automatic cord rewind and an air flow regulator.
2.VonHaus Stick Vacuum
Pros & Cons
- 2 IN 1 DESIGN – The 600W (max) Stick Vacuum Cleaner can be used at full length or without the extension tube for handheld cleaning.
- BAGLESS VACUUM - 1.3L tank, easy to remove dust container: simply detach and empty the contents straight into the bin.
- HEPA FILTRATION - The filtration system can lock in small particles, so that they don't re-circulate back into the air of your home.
- EXTENDABLE HANDLE - Easily glides over surfaces. 19.5 Foot Quick Release Power Cord, crevice tools and extension tube.
- ATTACHMENTS - Includes crevice tool, small brush attachment for handheld, hose adaptor, shoulder strap.
This is a powerful upright that can be transformed into a handheld in a matter of seconds. That is a great feature to have, perfect for college needs. It’s lightweight, it has HEPA filtration, and can be lifted with just one hand.
Is the Dyson V7 more than you want to spend? Well, you can usually get this vacuum for under $50. And it works well. It’s a stick vacuum that can turn into a handheld. Like the Dyson, this makes it extremely versatile to clean nearly everything in your dorm. It doesn’t have the power of the Dyson, and it won’t work as well on carpet. It’s an excellent option for people who want to keep the budget down, especially if you have hardwood floors.
Pros & Cons
- [Keeps carpets and hard floors looking great] Care for surfaces of all types with flexible cleaning options.
- [Cordless design] The built-in battery provides up to 30 minutes of powerful fade-free suction. Dyson digital motor V7. Engineered for powerful suction on carpets and hard floors. Bagless technology. Saves time and energy with no bags to buy or replace.
- [Strong suction power from start to finish] Cyclonic technology separates dirt from the air, preventing it from clogging filters and ensuring consistently strong suction power. 2 Tier Radial cyclones. The 15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, work in parallel to increase airflow and capture more fine dust.
- [Convertible design] Quickly transforms to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places. Direct-drive cleaner head deep cleans. Stiff nylon bristles get ground-in dirt out of carpets while carbon fiber filaments remove fine dust from hard floors.
- [Tools Included] Hard floor motorhead, soft roller motorhead, mini car turbine, wall dock and charger, up top angle adapter, extension hose, standard crevice tool, and combo dust tool (All Shown in the main image).
This Dyson cordless vacuum is the hands-down winner for dorms. Many sticks and cordless vacuums don’t work on carpet, but this vacuum is an exception: its power is comparable to many upright corded vacuums. It’s lightweight enough that any college student can clean the ceilings with it.
It also has perfect attachments for cleaning things like desks (it can become a handheld vacuum), but it doesn’t have too many attachments that it takes up space. Speaking of space, the Dyson V7 hangs on a wall mount that easily fits in a closet. I’m not sure I could draw up a better vacuum for the dorms.
Pros & Cons
- MULTI-SURFACE USE – Removes hair, dirt, and debris from carpets, car interiors, furniture, and high-traffic areas.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE – Easy to carry and maneuver, even in tight spaces.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN – On-board extension means you won’t need to bend over as often.
- ROTATING SLIM NOZZLE – Nozzle rotates 180° to fit into tight spaces at different angles.
- PULL-OUT CREVICE TOOL – Accesses hard-to-reach areas like between couch cushions and on top of shelves.
- FLIP-UP BRUSH – Adds an extra layer of versatility for dusting and vacuuming upholstery.
- CYCLONIC ACTION – Spins dust and debris away from the filter, supplying consistently strong suction power.
- EASY-VIEW DIRT BOWL –Translucent, bagless dirt bowl empties easily for convenient debris disposal without having to touch the dirt.
- WASHABLE DIRT BOWL AND FILTER – Can be cleaned right in the sink.
- CORDLESS CLEANING – Powered by a lithium ion battery, this handheld vacuum is ideal for larger jobs requiring quick cleanup. NOTE: The instruction manual does reference mounting brackets and screws, but it is for a different (Model CHV1410L32)
Maybe you just need something that will vacuum up the occasional mess: spills on the floor, clean up your desk and counters, etc. Handhelds can be surprisingly powerful, inexpensive, easy to store, and easy to use. This makes handhelds the perfect vacuums for dorm rooms except for one thing: you can’t vacuum your floor.
But maybe you don’t need to because you have a broom and hard floors, or you just don’t care. This Black and Decker is the best handheld I’ve found (at a reasonable price–there are some super powerful handhelds but they cost double this)
5.Eureka Lightweight Stick Vacuum
Pros & Cons
- 2. 75 lbs Lightweight Vacuum: Easy to maneuver and carry, this vacuum combo is perfect for quick everyday cleaning.
- Powerful Suction: This corded vacuum ensures continuous and stable high power to get the job done. No need to charge, it is always ready to go.
- 3-in-1 Vacuum w/ Multipurpose Attachments: It is a handheld vacuum cleaner or easily convert to a stick vacuum cleaner by adding the pole handle and floor nozzle. Great for tackling stairs, car cleaning, and hard to reach places. Crevice tool also included.
- Easy to Store: Stands upright on its own and the cord wraps conveniently around hooks on the back to keep everything organized.
- Low-maintenance and Easy to Assemble: This bagless vacuum keeps your maintenance cost as low as possible. Simply clean the dust cup and wash the filter regularly.
I’ve listed this one first because it’s one of the most affordable vacuums you’ll find out there today … and we all know college students are usually skint. This one will get the job done without any fuss yet it’s cheap enough not to break the bank.
You can also turn this into a handheld vacuum if you’re just doing spot cleaning which is an awesome additional capability to have at such an affordable price point.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance digital motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance
- 22v Lithium ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes
- Our patented Tangle Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum for pet households
- The Mess Free Dirt Tank with Clean Slide Technology allows you control the dust and dander to eliminate the clean up after the cleanup
- Easily converts to a hand or high reach vacuum, so you can clean more spaces with a single, innovative machine
- Clean pet messes anywhere your pet goes with Motorized Turbo Brush Tool and an LED Lighted Crevice Tool plus Dusting Brush
- Buy BISSELL, Save Pets. Your purchase funds one pet adoption fee, giving a homeless pet a forever home.
On board storage keeps specialized tools including the turbobrush tool, dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand close by while cleaning.
Powerful, multi cyclonic system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs. Large capacity, easy empty dirt tank empties with the press of a button. The combination of a 25 foot power cord, a 6 foot hose and a 13.5 inch cleaning.
7.Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Vacuum
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1: Tidy up your hard floors and rugs with powerful straight suction, or tackle tight, hard to reach places with the hand vac on-board crevice tool combo
- EASY TO USE: Take the chore out of cleaning with this lightweight and powerful stick vac that easily transforms into what you need, when you need it.
- ON BOARD CREVICE TOOL: For those harder-to-reach areas that need a quick clean, simply attach the on-board crevice tool to the end of the hand vac for an extended reach
- HAND VAC MODE: Simply detach the hand vac and quickly clean up the dust, dirt and crumbs on furniture, counters, shelves, upholstery and drapes
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: The light, compact, and versatile vacuum design great for dorms, apartments, and small spaces to store, use, and clean up easily
- REMOVABLE RINSABLE FILTER: Easily access and rinse your filter for a quick maintenance that will help extend the life of your vacuum
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: 16-Ft Cord, Dirt Devil Red Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, Dry Nozzle Brush Type - Hard Floor Straight Suction, On-Board Tools
This is another attractively designed vacuum cleaner for dorm rooms. It is compact, lightweight and also easy to store in a small space. It is powerful enough for the common dirt found in dorms and has a long 20-foot power cord.
Its add-ons include a dusting brush and a crevice tool. Also, it has an automatic cord rewind capability that is a huge plus. Being a bagged vacuum, expect to buy replacement bags from time to time.
Best Dorm Vacuum – Getting a dorm vacuum will be key to keeping your living and sleeping area clean and free of dust, dirt, and debris.
Whether you need a hand held vacuum, stick vacuum, or a compact traditional vacuum, having your own dorm vacuum handy is key to keeping the dorm floors or dorm rug you have spot free. To make sure your dorm floors stay clean, we’ve compiled the following Dorm Essentials best 10 dorm vacuum to keep the dorm clean.