Best Dry Wet Vacuum – Workshop and DIY projects create piles of sawdust, sanding dust, and all sorts of tiny bits of debris that add to general clutter and chaos. Wet/dry vacuums, sometimes called “shop vacs” because they’re often found in construction and workshop settings, make quick work of cleaning up both liquid spills and dry messes.
Another variety of vacuum that cleans up both wet and dry messes is available for in-home use. These vacuum mops perform as traditional vacuums with the added ability to clean up liquid spills and wash flooring.
Pros & Cons
- Portable 4 gallon toolbox design makes it convenient to take to any job
- Onboard vac accessory storage provides an easy location for all attachments including extension wand storage
- Powerful 5 peak horsepower motor provides just the amount of suction needed to most any cleanup job. Tank Size - 4 gallon
- Ultra-flexible hose extends up to 7' To reach almost any job
- Extra long, 20' Power cord with cord wrap helps reach almost any cleanup need
DeWalt wet/dry vacs come highly recommended by both Major and Calvin, whose company keeps them in its trucks for smaller jobs.
For the average homeowner, he says, this one’s a great choice. It’s got a five-gallon canister, and, at under 16 pounds, it’s light and easy to use. Its 4.0 peak horsepower engine sucks up liquids and solids and has a blowing function.
Pros & Cons
- HEAVY-DUTY: Powerful 6.5 Peak HP provides extra power for large projects in the garage, shop and on the jobsite
- BUILT-IN BLOWER PORT: Rear blowing port on this wet dry vac allows for quick cleaning of leaves and grass clippings in your garage and outdoors
- OVERSIZED DRAIN: Built-in oversized drain on the wet/dry vac allows for convenient emptying of liquids
- DUAL-FLEX TECHNOLOGY: 2-1/2 in. diameter shop vacuum hose features Dual-Flex technology for 180-degree mobility at each end to resist kinking
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 2-1/2 in. x 7 ft. POS-I-LOCK Dual-Flex Hose, 2 Extension Wands, Utility Nozzle, Car Nozzle, Wet Nozzle, Qwik Lock Filter and Dust Collection Bag
- WARRANTY: 3 Year Limited Warranty
Our experts unanimously love Craftsman. “We have a Craftsman, and it works like a charm,” says Rogue, who suggests you choose a size that fits your needs from the wide variety the brand offers and get some extra filters, too. Another fan is former Special Forces captain, survival instructor, and author Mykel Hawke.
He has seen his share of natural disasters, and while he acknowledges that you can’t prepare for Mother Nature, “we can all do something more, so focus on that,” he says. He likes having a powerful little Craftsman like this around for small jobs.
Pros & Cons
- 5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 5. 5 Peak HP High Efficiency Motor
- Integrated Hose Storage
- 18' Cord with Cord Storage
- Easily Converts to Blower
With its 16-gallon tank, 150 cfm, and HEPA filter, this wet/dry vac by Vacmaster meets all of Calvin’s criteria. Plus, it has a blower function and a kink-free hose.
Enjoying the powerful suction of a wet/dry vacuum shouldn’t break the bank. The Vacmaster Shop Vacuum comes with a medium-capacity 12-gallon collection tank and features a respectable 5-horsepower motor. Best of all, it comes at an affordable price point. The Vacmaster stands 24.49 inches tall and is 20.52 inches in diameter. It comes with a 7-foot flexible hose and has a 12-foot power cord.
The vacuum does double duty as a blower by removing the powerhead from the canister and connecting it to one of the two included extension wands. The vacuum weighs in at 24.4 pounds, and buyers receive additional nozzles and a crevice tool for cleaning in tight spots.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful 5. 0 peak horsepower - high performance wet dry vacuum
- Longer motor life - durable, long-lasting motor backed by industry's best
- Polypropylene drum construction - rugged construction to meet the high demands of worksites
- Blowing capacity - blow leaves from walkways or decks and debris from job sites, tools, etc.
- Locking Accessories - accessories lock together from you hose to your wand, to your floor tool, so nothing falls off when in use
Small but mighty, the RIDGID Portable Wet Dry Vacuum features a compact 4-gallon tank. Surprisingly for its size, it also comes with a powerful 5-horsepower motor, making it a highly effective vacuum suitable for moving from room to room or transporting in a car trunk. It has a 20-foot power cord and a flexible 8-foot quick-release hose. It weighs in at 12 pounds and is 19 by 15 by 16.5 inches in size.
The RIDGID wet/dry vac does double duty as a blower by removing the powerhead from the canister. It comes with a car nozzle and a diffuser for use with the blower option, and it can be fitted with a filter bag (sold separately).
Pros & Cons
- Backed by a 5-Year Limited Warranty, this shop vacuum cleaner has a tough copolymer drum that resists dents, cracks and it will not rust. It also includes a large drain for easy liquid disposal. Not compatible with Dust Collection Bags.
- Qwik Lock Filter Fastening System allows quick and easy wet dry vacuum filter changes and contains an auto shut-off float mechanism that helps prevent overflow during wet pickups.
- Accessory storage on the feet and top keeps vacuum attachments secure and within reach.
- 7-ft. x 2-1/2-inch Dual-Flex locking hose offers 180 Degree flexibility at both hose ends. Locking tab keeps hose connected to the wet dry vacuum cleaner during use.
- Integrated Blowing Port provides added versatility to this powerful wet dry vacuum cleaner, allowing a user to blow unwanted debris out of garages, jobsites, and driveways.
- Accessories Included: 7 ft. Locking Hose, 2 Extension Wands, Utility Nozzle, Car Nozzle, Wet Nozzle, Standard Filter
- Largest capacity and most powerful vacuum in the line; picks-up about 1 gallon of water per second
- Drain port to easily empty wet messes, and integrated blower for added versatility
- 7-foot long with 2-1/2-inch diameter hose and 20-foot power cord provide plenty of reach
- Covered by 5-year limited warranty
- Includes: vacuum, hose, Qwik Lock cartridge filter, utility nozzle, wet nozzle, car nozzle, two extension wands
With durability, power, impressive storage collection capacity, and several attachments, the WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vacuum is for big-time cleanups. It boasts a large, 6.5-horsepower motor and a copolymer drum that resists the potential cracking of the standard plastic drum found in many wet/dry vacs.
This model has a built-in auto-shutoff float that senses when the liquid level in the drum gets too high and shuts off the vacuum to prevent overflow accidents. In addition to a blower connection, a drain spout, and a 7-foot hose, the attachments list runs long and includes all of the following: a wet nozzle, a utility nozzle, a car nozzle, and two extension wands.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful 11 amp motor for excellent wet and dry cleaning
- 6 gallon capacity to get the job done whether big or small
- Includes a blowing function, for clearing dirt and debris from porches, garages and doorways or even to blow up inflatable mattresses and toys with the included tools
- 2 stage filtration designed to help extend the Life of the filter and provide easier cleaning
- Specialized auto tool kit includes crevice tool, precision blowing/suction tool, precision wet suction tool, upholstery brush and detailing/inflatable nozzle tools. Dirt Cup Capacity:23 L
If you have one particular area that gets dirty often, and it’s where you’ll need to do most of your cleaning, you may decide to opt for a wall-mount shop vac. While these models do limit you in terms of where you can ultimately use them, the convenience of being able to just grab the hose and switch it on without worrying about dragging a tank may win out.
When it comes to wall-mount shop vacs, the Bissell Garage Pro is the one to beat. It functions as a vacuum and a blower, comes with seven different attachments and — most importantly for a wall-mount unit — has a staggeringly long 32-foot hose. Throw in the reach extension tools, and you may actually be able to clean parts of your house with a Garage Pro mounted in your garage.
Pros & Cons
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
- Note: It is a 1-1/4” diameter hose which will make it difficult to pick up leaves or other larger debris.
If you’re going to be using your shop vacuum primarily for cleaning out your car, you’re going to be looking for something different than someone who needs to clean a garage. You can use a smaller vacuum, but you’ll need something cordless or with a long cord to make sure you can reach every part of your car. Finally, you’ll still need something that handles wet and dry messes, because cars experience both of those.
The answer (and the top-ranked model in our list of best car vacuums) is the Armor All AA255. With a 2-horsepower motor, 10-foot cord, a 6-foot hose and 2.5 gallons of waste storage, you can easily clean your entire car as often as you like. It’s also got a detail brush crevice tool for taking dust and other small particles off of your dashboard (or other sensitive areas). Finally, it converts to a blower if you want to get dirt off the exterior of your vehicle.
Best Dry Wet Vacuum – To help on your vacuum-shopping journey, we performed hands-on testing with some of the best wet/dry vacuums on the market.
We compared suction, accessories, and more to determine which vacuums are worth the investment. Ahead, learn about the features and options to look for in a top-quality shop-type model, and don’t miss the roundup of some of the best wet/dry vacuum options available.