Best Dusting Vacuum – When buying a dusting vacuum, it’s critical to hone in on what you want—and don’t want. Vacuuming power, portability and affordability all matter, of course.
You’ll also want to make sure your vacuum is ideal for the type of floors you have—some work well on hardwood, while others are strictly for carpet. From robot vacuums that do most of the work for you to ultra powerful upright options that leave no trace of pet hair behind, these are the best vacuums for cleaning your home.
1.Shark NV356E S2
Pros & Cons
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
- Brush roll shutoff; Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning
- Hard floor hero attachment not included
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional upright vacuum comes with a few modes you might find useful. First among them, of course, is the upright mode that lets you clean both carpets and hardwood floors. If you want to clean your stairs, however, you can detach the canister and use it as a handheld with one of several attachments. The Shark Navigator also comes with an extender, so you can vacuum higher-up areas to tackle dust and cobwebs.
Shark’s vacuum also has an anti-allergen seal to reduce chances of infectious debris from entering your home and it offers a high-capacity canister to house more dirt than most other upright vacuums.
2.Eureka RapidClean Pro
Pros & Cons
- Efficient Cordless Cleaning: Powered by the latest motor technology the Rapid Clean makes cleaning convenient and thorough
- 40 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Up to 40 min of fade-free runtime. Easily switch to MAX power on fingertip controls to increase suction for better cleaning on carpet and rugs
- Easy Rest Feature: Need to take a break. The specially designed Easy Rest nook allows you to safely prop the vacuum up on countertops and furniture.Filtration:Foam
- Under Furniture Reach: We moved the dust cup to the front so you can lay the vacuum completely flat to reach under beds and furniture with ease
- LED Headlights: Bright beams light the way so you can see dust and debris that might otherwise have been missed and make cleaning under furniture much easier
Free yourself from getting tangled in your vacuum cord with Eureka’s powerful cordless model. With a 40 minute, fade-free runtime that makes quick work of wood and tile floors, and low pile rugs and carpets, you can tackle multiple rooms before it is time to recharge.
The RapidClean’s swiveling head gets in and around tricky corners, while bright LED headlights help you spot hidden dust and debris. It can also lie completely flat, which makes reaching under beds and furniture easier.
3.iRobot Roomba 694
Pros & Cons
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba 694 takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligence of iRobot OS. Learns your habits and your routines.
- 3-STAGE CLEANING POWER - The 3-Stage Cleaning system lifts dirt, dust and debris from carpets and hard floors while an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners and edges.
- FOCUSED CLEANING YOU CAN COUNT ON - iRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba 694 robot vacuum to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly.
- DON'T LET MESSES MESS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE - Simply use the iRobot Home App or your voice assistant to tell the Roomba 694 robot to vacuum and consider it done.
- A FULL SUITE OF ADVANCED SENSORS - You don’t have to worry about Roomba 694 Series Robot Vacuum getting around your home to get the job done: A full suite of advanced sensors allow this robot to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges, while Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- DUAL MULTI-SURFACE BRUSHES - Instead of using a single bristle brush, Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum works with Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, that flex to adjust to different floor types.
- AUTOMATICALLY RECHARGES - Runs for up to 90 minutes before automatically docking and recharging.
- ADAPTS TO MULTIPLE FLOOR SURFACES - Unique Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head is specifically designed to tackle cleaning on multiple floor sufaces including hard wood and carpet. Head automatically adjusts to different heights of flooring for the best clean.
- iRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers.
The iRobot Roomba has several built in features—including sensors that detect dirt and high-traffic areas of your home, a “cliff detect” feature that keeps it from falling down stairs and an automatic recharge function—that make daily cleaning effortless and effective.
The Roomba’s three stage cleaning system and multi-surface brushes eliminate dirt from both hard floors and carpet, and an edge sweeping brush is designed to reach into corners. The iRobot app lets you schedule regular cleanups on your phone even when you’re not home, and it connects with Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control.
Pros & Cons
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
Miele’s vacuum is specially designed to keep hardwood floors gleaming. The high-suction 1,200-watt motor swoops up debris, while the nimble cleaning head maneuvers easily around chairs and table legs. Miele’s vacuum comes with a filtration system that protects the motor and leaves indoor air cleaner than it was prior to vacuuming.
Since this vacuum doesn’t have a brush roller, it’s not a great choice if you have lots of thicker carpeting. But if your home is mostly hardwood with scattered low-pile rugs or carpets, it’s an excellent option.
Pros & Cons
One of Dyson’s most popular models, the Dyson V8 Absolute is a lightweight cordless stick vacuum with powerful suction that picks up everything from hairballs to extra large dust bunnies to the tiniest specks of dirt.
The vacuum comes with six handy attachments that tackle almost every surface and corner in your home, including a mini motorized tool that gives upholstered surfaces a deep clean and combination tool that reaches areas like vents and floor trims. Best of all, the filter is washable, so you’ll never have to deal with a smelly vacuum ever again.
Pros & Cons
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
- Note: It is a 1-1/4” diameter hose which will make it difficult to pick up leaves or other larger debris.
While cordless options are convenient for quick cleanup, the best vacuums for heavier jobs are the more powerful, corded models, like this Armor All Utility Shop Vacuum. It comes equipped with a 10-foot power cord that’s easy to wrap and store when you’re finished.
Plus, it has a brush attachment, crevice tool, detail brush and multiple nozzles (including a blower). Keep in mind the hose is 1.25 inches in diameter, so while you can easily collect dirt and dust, it won’t work for larger items, like leaves.
Pros & Cons
- OnePass technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design to clean on the first pass
- Scatter free technology reduces scatter on hard floors
- On board storage keeps specialized tools including the turbobrush tool, dusting brush, crevice tool, and extension wand close by while cleaning
- Powerful, multi cyclonic system for lasting suction that captures and keeps dirt in the bin, where it belongs
- Large capacity, easy empty dirt tank empties with the press of a button
- The combination of a 25 foot power cord, a 6 foot hose and a 13.5 inch cleaning path provide an extended cleaning reach. Maximum dirt capacity is 1 liter
- Power source type: Corded electric
This powerful model by Bissell delivers effective cleaning at an exceptionally reasonable price point. The large capacity (1-liter) tank empties easily into the garbage, the filter can be removed and washed and a 25-foot cord provides extended cleaning power.
The vacuum’s scatter-free technology keeps debris from flying everywhere while you clean. And on board storage keeps all of the tools—a dusting brush, crevice tool and extension wand—in one place and close by when you need them.
Best Dusting Vacuum – If you, like me, have found cleaning your home to be less of a necessary chore these days and more of a welcome work-from-home distraction, perhaps you’ve been considering the state of your vacuum.
Before my apartment became my life, my old upright vacuum did the trick for my weekly Sunday morning cleaning ritual, and I barely gave it any thought after half-heartedly tying up the vacuum’s cord and shoving it in a closet.