Best Hand Held Portable Vacuum Cleaner – For smaller messes, a good handheld vacuum provides quick cleaning without a lot of heavy lifting — and it doesn’t require much precious storage space. These mini vacs won’t replace a full-size vacuum when it comes to deep cleaning, but they are handy for instantly tackling dry spills, tracked-in dirt and pet hair stuck to just about anything. You might even consider more than one handheld vac as they also tackle messes outside your home: Stash one in the garage to keep your workshop, garden bench and car clean too.
Today’s newest cordless vacuums have more powerful batteries to pick up more debris and run longer than the wimpy models of years ago; some batteries are even removable or interchangeable with other devices. Other innovations across both cordless and corded models include comfortable grips, easy to empty dust cups, washable filters, multiple speeds and more.
Pros & Cons
- [POWERFUL SUCTION] Compact, on-the-go cleaning that is perfect for the home, office, and car
- [EASY EMPTY] One-touch emptying system with removable HEPA filters and a tank that holds 6oz of dry debris
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [2-SPEEDS] Low for most cleaning tasks, and High for the messes that are stuck deeper down and require more suction
- [FLEXIBLE HOSE] Retractable hose that extends up to 4ft for more reach, so you can get around corners or hold it up high to clean ceiling fans or window treatments
- [STORES ANYWHERE] Cabinets, desk drawers, trunks, backpacks. It weighs only 3 lbs and its perfectly square size stacks nicely
- [CREVICE NOZZLE] Get in-between car seats, around the console and the dash, under kitchen counters, and tackle the couch
Not your typical handheld vac, the Worx model has a unique compact shape, a removable battery that fits into other Worx tools and a top handle. Its crevice and brush tools store right on board, and its built-in flexible hose reaches four feet.
A top performer in our cleaning tests, this model easily picked up all the debris and pet hair we put down, even without using the max power setting. The hose makes it easy to reach into tight spaces, and it ran for 23 minutes at standard power on one charge.
2.BISSELL AeroSlim Lithium
Pros & Cons
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Cordless Power: Lithium-ion battery provides up to 12 minutes of cordless cleaning power for quick clean ups almost anywhere.
- On-the-Go Cleaning. Compact enough to store, clean and charge in your car or office.
- Tools Included. 2-in-1 Crevice Tool & Dusting Brush store together with hand vacuum on one stand, so they're always ready to clean.
- USB Charger. Charging is convenient and versatile with the standard charger and included USB charging cable.
- Sleek Design. Fits into any space with its modern aesthetic and integrated tool storage and stand.
The compact and lightweight AeroSlim is ideal for quick pick-ups on hard surfaces, with its combo crevice tool and soft brush accessory that takes care of crumbs on your laptop, in your car or in between the sofa cushions.
The storage stand with its built-in cap holds the vacuum upright — and it stores the accessory tool, too, so it’s always where you need it. This vacuum has a washable filter and charges via a USB port.
Pros & Cons
- Cleans Hair, Dirt & Debris From High Traffic Areas
- Cleans unwanted messes from on top of, around and under furniture
- Vacuums Hair & Debris from Carpeted Stairs
- Anti- tangle rubber bristles motorized to lift stubborn pet hair
- Extra long crevice tool - Clean hard to reach areas with less effort
- Washable filter and pre-filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- 1 Touch easy empty- Empty without touching the dirt
- 2 Speeds - Powerboost mode for more power at touch of a button
- XL Dustbin - Pick up more, empty less. Charger - Jack Plug
- Battery indicator - Know how much battery is left to complete the task
Thanks to Black + Decker’s motorized mini brush attachment, there’s nowhere pet hair can hide. An extra-long pullout crevice tool and the extra-large bottom-emptying dust bin make cleaning up after pets even easier.
This model aced our pet-hair-pickup test and did well with other messes too – even without using the boost power setting (although some sand scattered on hard flooring). The filter is washable, and we like that the vacuum stands upright on end for charging or storage. Using the standard setting, it ran for 32 minutes on a charge.
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and Compact: Completely cordless, weighing just 1.2lbs, and being roughly the size of a wine bottle. Cleaning is made effortless and storage is made simple.
- Dust Devouring Suction: With 5500Pa of power, you can suck up every spec in seconds when everyday mess is made.
- Every Nook and Cranny Covered: Use the 2-in-1 crevice tool to reach into the deepest corners of your sofa or under low-lying furniture.
- Micro USB Connectivity for Convenient Charging: Simply use a USB charger anywhere in your home and charge with ease.
- What’s in the box: eufy HomeVac H11 2-in-1 Crevice Tool USB to Micro-USB cable Worry-free 24-month warranty
Don’t let the Eufy’s slim shape fool you. About the size of a wine bottle, this sleek and lightweight (just over one pound!) handheld vacuum is full-featured. It includes a crevice/brush tool, a washable filter and a cap that lets it stand upright for storage or charging.
Small but mighty, the Eufy rivaled bigger models for cleaning ability. A soft grip makes it comfortable to hold. It runs quietly for up to 13 minutes, and lights alert you when the battery needs charging.
5.Ridgid 36138 3
Pros & Cons
- This item is 36138 VAC, 3 GALLON WET/DRY
- This item is used for electrical-conduit
- This product manufacture by Mexico
- Portable and Compact for Easy Transportation and Storage
- Built-in-Suction-Powered Dust Pan Feature Makes Cleaning Even Easier
- Expandable 2'-7' Tug-A-Long Positive Locking Hose Wont Pull Loose During Use
- 1-Layer Standard Pleated Paper Filter Captures Common Everyday Dirt
- 3 Gallon Drum Size
It might have been designed for a workshop or a garage, but Rigid’s hand vacuum is right at home inside the house. This powerful champ zapped messes and pet hair nearly as well as ones with rotating brushes. It includes a 22-inch extension tube, crevice tool and floor nozzle, but not a battery and charger, which you need to purchase separately.
The removable battery is interchangeable with other Ridgid tools, it charges exceptionally quickly and its large capacity gives the vacuum a long run time. We like the easy-grip handle, the washable filter and the extra-large twist-off dust cup, which is a cinch to empty.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Perfect for quick pickups
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR Battery
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easy to use and to store
- ON-BOARD CREVICE TOOL: Tackles dirt in hard-to-reach areas
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Cordless Hand Vacuum, ONPWR 2. 0 Ah Battery, Charger, On-Board Crevice Tool, Rinsable Filter
This Hoover is a little powerhouse, with an onboard crevice tool that makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach places. It easily nabs dirt and debris, and during our tests even pet hair was not a problem. We love how simple it is to empty the dust cup and remove the filter to clean.
The removable rechargeable battery is a very handy feature. It’s compatible across other ONEPWR System indoor and outdoor cleaning devices, so if the battery runs out on your hand vacuum, you can borrow the battery from, say, your ONEPWR leaf blower, upright vacuum or carpet cleaner. You could also purchase a spare battery to keep charged and ready for a longer cleaning session.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL CORDLESS SUCTION: High-speed, brushless motor delivers unbelievable suction power.
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT: At just 1.4 lbs., the hand vacuum is designed for maneuverability and easy cleaning.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Hand vacuum maintenance is simple with a detachable dust cup and easily removable filter housing.
- FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY: Filtration technology captures dust and large debris.
- ALWAYS CHARGING: Sleek charging dock designed for quick access and fast charging.
- ONE-TOUCH EMPTY: Empty debris with the single touch of a button—no getting your hands dirty.
- LED INDICATOR: LED light on control panel indicates charging status and remaining battery life.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN: Ergonomic handle design provides comfortable cleaning and heightened control.
- INCLUDES TOOLS FOR PET HAIR AND TIGHT SPACES: Use the Multi-Surface Pet Tool for upholstery, carpets, and pet hair. Zero in on tight spaces and car cleaning with the Duster Crevice Tool.
The Shark WandVac is compact, super lightweight and ideal for those quick clean-up jobs. The accessory bank attaches to the charging dock, keeping the duster crevice tool and multi-surface pet tool right where you need them.
It performed well in our tests, and was especially good at picking up pet hair with the multi-surface pet tool, although much of the fluff was caught up on the tool. We like its washable filter and that it recharges faster than other slimline handheld vacuums.
Best Hand Held Portable Vacuum Cleaner – Some pick up wet messes and remove stains, and those with brushes and other attachments make it easy to remove dust from draperies, window sills, door frames, mattresses and other out-of-the-way spots that may be awkward for a larger vacuum to reach.
The handheld vacuum cleaners below did well in tests on bare floors and low pile carpets; they have a good run time and are lightweight enough to maneuver. For more information on how we test vacuums, read on.