Best Handheld Leaf Vacuum – There are a handful of factors to consider when shopping for a leaf vacuum. Unsurprisingly, the first thing you’ll need to do is assess where you’ll be using it. Our tests determined that leaf vacuums work best to remove leaves from hard surfaces like asphalt, brick, concrete, and flagstone.
They work on decks, just as long as the leaves aren’t wedged between the deck boards. You can also use them to clear debris from small patches of grass — but if you have a large yard, we recommend raking first, and then sucking up the pile of leaves you just accumulated.
- Brushless motor provides your tool with longer run time, more torque and more power; This leads to less wear and tear, extending the life time of the tool; 40 Volt G Max and 40 Volt lithium ion batteries are not cross compatible
- Variable speed offers up to 185 mph to make clean up of major debris easy and efficient; Mulching capability: Yes Mulching ratio: 10:01
- Blower/Vac capability provides a versatile use to get your yard work done without the need for multiple tools
- Powerful enough to handle wet and dry leaves
- Tool only compatible only with GreenWorks G MAX 40 Volt Battery models, 29472 and 29462 and G MAX Charger model 29482; For use with 40 Volt 4 Ampere hour (146 Watt hour) battery only
If you don’t want to be held back by a cord or deal with gas fumes, this cordless, battery-powered vac from Greenworks is your best option. This is the same manufacturer behind our favorite budget electric snowblower.
This kit comes with a 40-volt 4Ah battery, two attachments, and a debris bag. It has a 60-minute run time, weighs about 6 pounds, and has a convenient push-button start. Despite being battery-powered, it offers 185 mph blowing speeds, which is strong enough to move even wet leaves.
2.Troy Bilt CSV-060
- Replacement parts,non original
- Fit Troy Bilt CSV-060 190cc 24A-060C711 chipper Shredder Vacuum
- Package include 1pc carburetor with gasket
The Troy-Bilt shredder is a midrange push leaf vacuum with loads of performance. It can shred leaves and chip small branches up to 1.5 inches in diameter, and its 7-foot vacuum hose will take care of tight corners and narrow passages with ease. Our only complaint is that it’s not self-propelled.
Regardless, it still turns on a dime and isn’t too difficult to push. What you’ll like most, though, is that it eliminates the need to carry a heavy bag of leaves around your shoulder.
- [LEAF BLOWER, MULCHER & VACUUM] The proprietary design changes from a blower to a vacuum with a mulcher with just the turn of a dial. Blow, vacuum, and mulch all day long if you want. But you won’t have to. The Worx Trivac makes quick work of yard work
- [A WIDE, STRONG STREAM OF AIR] 600 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) come streaming out of the wide-mouth tube. That’s high-capacity air volume so you clear your property with less passes back and forth
- [METAL MULCHER] The metal impeller with its shredder blade cuts in two stages, chopping leaves down to a 16:1 mulch ratio – that’s 16 bags of leaves mulched into one
- [QUICK, DETACHABLE BAG] When it’s time for composting or collection, the bag has an easy release. No muss, no fuss. Turn a dirty job into a quick one
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] Go slow for pavement or tight corners. On the open lawn, switch to speed 2 – up to 70mph – and see what it can do
- [ONE-HANDED OPERATION] The Worx Trivac is designed to be controlled with just one hand. It’s only 9 lbs. and the ergonomic design funnels the wind so it’s easy to handle
- [EXTENSION CORD RETAINER] The 12” electrical cord comes with a retainer attached, so when using an extension cord it won’t disconnect – even when it gets snagged
- [INCLUDES] 600cfm 12A Trivac, 1.4 Bushel Collection Bag
This tool from Worx is the ultimate triple threat. It functions as a blower, a mulcher, and a yard vacuum, and it switches among them in seconds.
According to Popular Mechanics’ Roy Berendsohn, you can simply turn a dial on the machine’s side to rotate its motor by 90 degrees, and then slip the vacuum collection bag into place over the impeller to change from blower to vac modes.
- Superior blowing and mulching proven by controlled laboratory testing
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree. 350 CFM blow mode and 410 CFM Vac mode
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, shred-all shred ring and time-saving oscillating tube included; Extension cord Sold separately
- Variable speed control for better control in both blower and vac mode
- This bag is designed to capture leaf particles not dust. Product needs air flow to work properly.
- 3 in 1 Machine - Powerful Blower, High Speed Vacuum, Leaf Shredder
This blower vac from Toro is one of the most powerful vacs money can buy. You get a 250 mph airspeed that’s strong enough even for wet leaves that are clumped together. It offers an ergonomic design that’s comfortable to hold, but it weighs 9 pounds — so it’s not the best option to use one-handed.
The Toro is bundled with plenty of attachments for getting around tight spaces. It comes with a bag, is equipped with a rugged metal impeller for crushing leaves, offers variable speed control, and is covered by a 2-year warranty.
- 3IN1 DESIGN – Easily converts into a corded leaf blower, leaf vacuum, or mulcher for versatile use.
- POWERFUL AIR SPEED AND AIRFLOW – Air speeds up to 250 mph and airflow up to 400 cfm deliver the power you need for quick, effective clearing.
- BACKPACK STYLE – Easy-to-wear backpack with up to 2x the bag capacity allows for hands-free operation.
- POWERBOOST – More power at the push of a button.
- FLEXI-TUBE – Allows for enhanced maneuverability when vacuuming leaves and debris.
- REUSABLE BAG – Zipper-free, roll-and-clip bag has a wide opening for quick emptying.
- ELECTRIC – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- INCLUDES – (1) BEBL7000, (1) blow tube, (1) vac tube, (1) backpack bag.
One of the biggest downsides to leaf vacuums is that their included leaf bags are usually satchel-style — similar to a mailbag. They’re awkward to sling over your shoulder because they need to be frequently adjusted, and they start feeling heavy extremely fast … especially if you’re sucking up wet leaves.
BLACK+DECKER’s VACPACK is a much more comfortable solution to sucking leaves, as its vacuum bag is styled more like a backpack.
- Sold on Amazon
If you prefer the convenience of a gas-powered vacuum and don’t want to fuss with any annoying cords or swapping battery packs, this Husqvarna is equally reliable, convenient, and powerful.
Our colleagues at Popular Mechanics say that this vacuum is extremely well-built: It starts easily with just one pull, and it has enough power to suck up and shred dry leaves with a vengeance.
- POWERFUL ENGINE: High performance 25cc 2-cycle lightweight engine with air volume and air speed up to 430 csm/200 mph. Work more efficiently and effectively on yard work, lawn care, and other projects.
- EASY-START TECHNOLOGY: Faster starts with 3 simple steps: prime, choke, and pull.
- USER-FRIENDLY ENGAGEMENT: User friendly features such as the lightweight design to reduce user fatigue, variable speed throttle for more control, and the translucent tank to tell you when to refuel. Designed to make you work smarter and not harder.
- EXTENDED NOZZLE: Extended nozzle with integrated scraper provides more precise blowing to help clear stubborn leaves and debris making you well equipped to take on those hard to reach areas.
- 2-CYCLE ENGINE OIL: Oil included with purchase for your convenience.
POWERFUL ENGINE: High performance 25cc 2-cycle lightweight engine with air volume and air speed up to 430 csm/200 mph. Work more efficiently and effectively on yard work, lawn care, and other projects.
EASY-START TECHNOLOGY: Faster starts with 3 simple steps: prime, choke, and pull.
USER-FRIENDLY ENGAGEMENT: User friendly features such as the lightweight design to reduce user fatigue, variable speed throttle for more control, and the translucent tank to tell you when to refuel. Designed to make you work smarter and not harder.
Best Handheld Leaf Vacuum – You’ll also want to pay attention to the vacuum’s power source (more on that below), the size and shape of its collection bag, as well as its weight — that way, you know you can handle it and are confident it’s large enough for the jobs you need to complete.