Best Hard Floor Stick Vacuum – Cordless vacuum cleaners, also known as stick vacuums, free you from the frustrating faff of cords. They’re lightweight, easy on the back and run on rechargeable batteries, meaning no more irksome plugging and unplugging as you move around the house.
Features vary between models; some have far more power than others, better attachments and, crucially, longer battery life. Before you buy, consider the size of your home, its occupants (including cats and dogs!) and any extra tools that may come in handy.
Pros & Cons
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- High torque cleaner head. Automatically adapts suction and power to deep clean different floor types without changing cleaner heads.
- Advanced whole-machine filtration. Advanced whole-machine filtration traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 5 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces.
- Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery
- Included: Torque drive head, mini-motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger
This Dyson delivers outstanding pick-up on both its boost and auto modes, and features a unique display that counts down the battery life. The boost mode delivers exceptional pick-up on carpets and hard floors, but you only get 12 minutes of continuous use before it needs recharging.
On auto mode, it cleverly adapts the suction level as you move between hard floor and carpet, helping the battery last much longer. It’s equally impressive as a handheld, but it’s a bit heavier and takes more effort to use for a long time than the V10 Absolute in fifth place.
Pros & Cons
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience with the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR 4.0 Ah MAX battery
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt through out the home
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT : Weighs less than 9 lbs when you lift it, feels like 2 lbs when you recline it and start vacuuming(1)
- HOLDS 3X MORE DIRT AND PET HAIR: Larger dirt cup capacity than a stick vacuum for less trips to the trash can (2)
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
- WHAT’S INLCUDED: Evolve Pet, ONEPWR 4.0 Ah MAX Battery, Charger
There’ll be no more going over and over the same grubby patch of carpet with this featherlight Hoover. It scored top marks in almost all of our pick-up tests, sucking up both fine dust and larger debris like biscuit crumbs with ease. The rotating brush in its floorhead efficiently nips out pet hairs, as does its handheld turbo brush, making it a savvy buy for pet owners.
It stands up on its own, reaching just 69cm high when parked, but also comes with a wall mount for easy storage. The crevice nozzle is on the short side and a full recharge takes a hefty six hours, but this solid all-rounder is a steal for its price.
3.Miele Triflex HX1
Pros & Cons
- Miele’s unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable cleaning in all areas - floors, furniture and hard to reach spots (e.g. ceilings).
- As strong as Miele’s most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect cleaning results on all floors
- Exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion battery for up to 60 minutes run-time.
- Extra-wide electrobrush Multi Floor XXL (11") with BrilliantLight LED lighting and automatic floor detection. For effortless and quick cleaning of all surfaces
- Ideal for allergy sufferers and pet owners. The maintenance-free HEPA Lifetime Filter with >99.999% dust retention capacity
The MieleTriflex HX1 can be configured in three different ways, allowing you to use it for more jobs around your home. You can attach the vacuum’s PowerUnit, which houses the motor, to either the top or bottom of the stick, changing the balance of the vacuum to make it easier to clean under furniture or up along the ceiling. It can also be used as a handheld vacuum, and it comes with a variety of attachments, including a dusting brush and crevice nozzle.
The vacuum can run for up to 60 minutes per charge, and its Lifetime Filter retains 99.9% of dust. Oh, and unlike most stick vacuums, it can “self-park” in an upright position, saving you from having to lean it up against something.
Pros & Cons
- Efficient Cordless Cleaning: Powered by the latest motor technology the Rapid Clean makes cleaning convenient and thorough
- 40 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Up to 40 min of fade-free runtime. Easily switch to MAX power on fingertip controls to increase suction for better cleaning on carpet and rugs
- Easy Rest Feature: Need to take a break. The specially designed Easy Rest nook allows you to safely prop the vacuum up on countertops and furniture.Filtration:Foam
- Under Furniture Reach: We moved the dust cup to the front so you can lay the vacuum completely flat to reach under beds and furniture with ease
- LED Headlights: Bright beams light the way so you can see dust and debris that might otherwise have been missed and make cleaning under furniture much easier
If you have lots of obstacles, like furniture, organizers and houseplants to clean up around, this Eureka is a great choice at a great price. Its flexible neck provides swivel steering that combined with its big wheels and lightweight — it’s just over six pounds — allows you to easily maneuver around objects without missing a step. In our tests, we found it super easy to assemble and use and we like the top-mounted dust cup that helps it get closer to the floor to better reach under low furniture.
Other standout features include headlights, three cleaning modes, fingertip controls and an easy-empty dust cup.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance digital motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance
- 22v Lithium ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes
- Our patented Tangle Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum for pet households
- The Mess Free Dirt Tank with Clean Slide Technology allows you control the dust and dander to eliminate the clean up after the cleanup
- Easily converts to a hand or high reach vacuum, so you can clean more spaces with a single, innovative machine
- Clean pet messes anywhere your pet goes with Motorized Turbo Brush Tool and an LED Lighted Crevice Tool plus Dusting Brush
- Buy BISSELL, Save Pets. Your purchase funds one pet adoption fee, giving a homeless pet a forever home.
This Good Housekeeping Seal star could almost pass for an upright with its wide brush roll and large back wheels. In our tests, it ran for an impressive 37 minutes on a single charge and was one of the quietest vacuums we tested. If you only want to clean floors and are looking for an effective, easy-to-use vacuum without a lot of bells and whistles, the Bissell AirRam is a solid choice.
The handle can lay flat on the ground, making it easier to vacuum under furniture and in tough-to-reach places, and it collapses, too, making storage easier.
Pros & Cons
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
Never have we seen a stick vacuum as innovative and adaptable as the Miele Triflex. Most stick vacuums can be used in two configurations — upright and handheld. But the Miele can transform into three designs.
With the motor, battery and dust cup (the power unit) placed up top, it works like a traditional pole vacuum, making it easy to reach under low furniture or (without the floor nozzle) up high to clean ceiling moldings and light fixtures. But there’s more! Move the power unit — and the weight — down by the nozzle and it’s now easier to push and maneuver across bare floors, areas rugs, and carpets.
Pros & Cons
- SHARK ROCKET PET CORDED STICK VACUUM: Ultra-powerful, corded cleaning on carpets and hard floors.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Powerful pet hair pickup attachments like the pet-multi tool make cleaning pet hair a breeze.
- SWIVEL STEERING: For excellent control and a low-profile design for under-furniture reach.
- CONVERTS TO A HAND VACUUM: With the touch of a button, this stick vacuum cleaner transforms into a lightweight, portable handheld vacuum to take your cleaning above the floor, to tackle stubborn pet hair, and to access hard-to-reach areas.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Easily hang the handheld vacuum from the hook on the bottom of the wand.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING: Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.
- LIGHTWEIGHT VERSATILITY: At under 9 lbs. this ultra-lightweight corded stick vacuum converts to a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- EASY-EMPTY DUST CUP: Gets you back to cleaning in seconds.
- CREVICE TOOL: Great for cleaning tight spaces, between couch cushions, and in hard-to-reach areas.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Shark Rocket Pet Corded Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool, Pet Multi-Tool, & Precision Duster.
Shark vacuums do well in GH Cleaning Lab tests and have proven to be good performers at a great price. We tested a previous Rocket stick model that was very similar in design to this pick and we found it had good suction, was lightweight and easy to maneuver and thanks to its long cord, offered non-stop cleaning.
Like virtually all stick vacuums, this model has a motorized floor nozzle with a rotating brush that cleans both bare floors and carpet and converts to a handheld vacuum.
Best Hard Floor Stick Vacuum – Stick vacuums, which are recognizable thanks to their rigid, stick-like necks, are more lightweight and manageable than canister or upright vacuums, and many are even cordless, saving you from having to search around for an outlet.
They might not stack up to full-size models in terms of suction power (though many still pack quite the punch), but they’re ideal for quick weekly cleaning sessions and picking up messes around the house.