Best Hepa Shop Vacuum – A HEPA shop vac will trap and lock more dust and allergens around your workshop or job site without clogging to improve your overall air quality.
But with dozens of options available from great brands, how do you know which one to pick?
Buying the wrong one won’t clean as effectively, and it can leave you out a decent amount of money if you have to buy a new one.
Our guide outlines several suggestions on the best HEPA shop vacs available on today’s market for a broad range of budgets.
- Powerful BL Brushless motor delivers 57 CFM and 27 inches water lift of suction using an 18V LXT Lithium Ion battery (battery not included)
- Filter cleaning system is designed to maintain optimum suction efficiency and longer filter life. Working Sound Level- 76 dB(A)
- Efficient HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particulates. 3 microns and larger
- Up to 60 minutes of continuous run time using an 18V LXT Lithium Ion 5.0 Ah battery BL1850B (battery not included)
- L. E. D. Battery indicator shows charge level for 18V LXT Lithium Ion battery
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Compact and portable design; Weighs only 10.1 pounds with 18V LXT 5.0 Ah battery (battery not included)
The Makita XCV11Z Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum is our pick for the best overall HEPA shop vac. It uses a 5-amp lithium-ion battery, an improvement over their previous 3-amp battery to provide a vacuum with a 27-inch water lift that can move 57 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM).
It can run up to 60 minutes on a single charge thanks largely to the brushless motor, and it features an LED battery status indicator that lets you know how much power you have left. You can use it as a shop vac or as a blower, and you can set it to low or high speeds. It’s fairly lightweight at 10.1 pounds, and it includes shoulder straps for the ultimate in portability.
- 8 Gallon* Crush Proof Polypropylene Tank
- Certified HEPA System (99. 97% efficient on . 3 microns)
- 2-Stage Industrial Motor. Hose Size-10 Feet x 1-1/2 inch
- Waterlift: 78 Inch
- CFM 125 @ 2-1/2 In. Orifice.
- Cord Length: 30 Ft
The Vacmaster Pro Certified Hepa Filtration Wet/Dry Vac features an eight-gallon capacity, which should be enough to get you through most jobs. It stores the water and contaminants in a crushproof polypropylene tank that won’t rust or corrode until you are ready to dump them. A two-stage industrial motor helps deliver enough power to move 125 CFM and create a 78-inch water lift.
It has a 30-foot cord and a 10-foot hose that provide you with plenty of range to cover most jobs. Four-stage filtration uses the HEPA with a pre-filter, collection bag, and exhaust filter to ensure cleaner air than when you began. Adjustable airflow allows you to get just the right amount of suction while you work, and you can store your accessories in an onboard caddy.
- AUTO CLEANING: With automatic filter cleaning, the Bosch VAC090AH dust extractor cleans the filter every 15 seconds to help maintain maximum suction power
- PERFORMANCE: The included HEPA filter caputres 99.97 percent of particles at 0.3 microns or larger while the included fleece filter bag helps to protect the filter and provides the optimal containment of dry dust and debris
- OSHA COMPLIANT: Featuring Bosch PRO plus GUARD, an end to end dust collection system to help users move toward OSHA Silica Table 1 dust compliance
- POWER: With strong airflow and suction power, the Bosch VAC090AH dust extractor delivers a maximum 150 cubic feet of air per minute rate (CFM), with a sustainable maximum 97 in. static water lift
- COMPATIBLE: With power tool activations users can utilize power tool's switch to turn vacuum on and off; The Power Broker dial will match the suction force to application
The Bosch VAC090AH Dust Extractor is our premium choice HEPA shop vac. This top of the line vacuum features a 6.5 horsepower motor that can move 150 CFM and provide a 97-inch water lift. The poky propylene tank won’t rust or corrode and has built-in L_Boxx integration for connecting to tools with exhaust ports like table saws and routers.
It has a unique onboard automatic filter cleaner that cleans the filter every 15 seconds, so there is no reduction in pressure from a clogged filter. Heavy-duty caster wheels make it easier to move the unit around, and it has a pace to wrap the hose and cord. You can also store your accessories in the vacuum. However, it only comes with one nozzle.
The Milwaukee 0880-20 Cordless Wet/Dry Vacuum is a small battery powered HEPA vacuum in a common toolbox’s shape and style. You can use multiple Milwaukie batteries, including NiCad batteries, up to the 18-volt lithium-ion battery.
Better batteries will give you more power and will last longer before requiring a recharge. A built-in blower port lets you use this tool as a portable leaf blower. It’s lightweight and weighs only a little over two pounds. There is also onboard storage for your accessories and hose.
- ERGONOMIC BACKPACK VACUUM - The backpack vacuum weighs 10.3 lbs with dimensions of 12" x 9" x 20". Easily convert to right or left hand. The belt loop contains storage for the accessories to easily transition for any job performed
- COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS - Use the lightweight backpack vacuum for hotels, schools, janitors, JAN/SAN, offices, warehouses, stairs, entryways, and hard to reach corners.
- HEPA FILTER - The 8-Quart HEPA filter safely captures smalls particles
- PACKED WITH ATTACHMENTS - Includes backpack vacuum, 6' hose, blower adapter, exhaust filter cover, extension wand, multiple nozzle sets, crevice tool, several brushes, HEPA bag, shakeout bag, filter sets, and set of hose and filter plugs
- POWERFUL 1400 WATT 12 AMP 120 VOLT VACUUM CLEANER - The backpack vacuum cleaner has a CFM output of 106 CFM. This can be easily converted to not only a vacuum but a blower with a set of 3 blower nozzles
The Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum is a small backpack style HEPA shop vac with an 8-quart tank. It has a six-foot hose that provides you with plenty of reach, and it easily converts for right or left-hand operation. The 1400-watt motor can move 106 CFM, and it comes with plenty of accessories, including multiple nozzles, several brushes, and a crevice tool.
The biggest downside to the Atrix VACBP1 is that much of the unit, including the hose and accessories, use a very flimsy plastic. This plastic is almost toy-like and causes the parts to slip apart as you are working. These flimsy accessories also reduce the suction quite a bit as air leaks around the fittings.
6.Fein Turbo II X AC
- Outstanding Performance - It offers fully automatic filter cleaning for long service life of the specially designed HEPA filter. Good for use with power woodworking tools or for car vacuum detailing or even to keep your carpet or upholstery cleaner.
- Further Reach - The Turbo II has a large range due to its 25 ft power cord and 13 ft long reach vacuum hose and offers ergonomic transport thanks to push handle, case and accessory fastening.
- Industry Made - It has an autostart outlet with power-on delay to prevent current spikes, anti-static function against electrostatic charging, and tool coupling with suction control for easy control of suction power.
- Convenience + Versatility - Our practical storage area with rim lets you leave your tool bag on top as you move around or have a DIY cyclone dust extractor addition. The accessory set offers the ideal equipment for many applications.
- Specifications - 1100 Watts, 153 CFM Suction Capacity, 98 PSI Static Water Lift, 9.2 Gallon Capacity, 70 dB Sound Pressure Level and 31.9 lbs Weight.
The FEIN Turbo II HEPA Vacuum Cleaner Set is the last model on our list to review, but it still has a lot to offer. It has a powerful motor that moves 151 CFM and creates a 98.4-inch water lift, one of the highest on this list. A 13-foot hose and 18-foot power cable provide you with plenty of range, and there is plenty of onboard storage for the hose, cord, and accessories.
The downside to the FEIN Turbo II is that it’s just not durable, and we tried multiple units, but they all quit after a few jobs.
- CERTIFIED HEPA: Individually tested, certified and serialized HEPA filter.
- EPA RRP OSHA COMPLIANT: Complies with EPA RRP and OSHA laws and regulations concerning hazardous material pickup.
- SAFE FOR HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Certified safe for asbestos, silica, lead paint, and hexavalent chromium pickup and containment.
- COMPLETE CONTAINMENT: Will never blow dust or pickup back into the air.
- WET AND DRY VACUUMING: Safely go back and forth from wet to dry pickup, including water, without switching filters.
The Dustless HEPA Wet+Dry Vacuum is a product that possesses certification from HEPA.
It’s appropriate for the retrieval of hexavalent chromium and similarly questionable substances.
Examples are slurry, fiberglass, stone and even concrete. People can go between dry and wet work and don’t have to bother swapping out their filters at all.
The micro pre-filters that are part of this device are a piece of cake to install.
Best Hepa Shop Vacuum – If you’re a hard-working professional who is trying to find a shop vac that’s a good fit for your needs, keep reading.
You should explore these five shop vacuums without a second of hesitation.
Read on to learn about the HEPA shop vacs we reviewed, so you can make an informed purchase.