Best Hypoallergenic Vacuum – A vacuum that can contain the spread of dust and debris can be invaluable if you suffer from serious allergies. A HEPA filter is a good starting point, as they can help trap allergens as you clean.
A dirtbag can also be a handy addition since it reduces the chances of having dust escape when emptying the appliance. Overall cleaning performance is important, especially when trying to pick up debris like pet hair or dust. While those aren’t the only criteria for this list, they are the most important in determining whether or not a vacuum will be effective in reducing the spread of allergens.
Pros & Cons
- Lift-Away the detachable pod with the easy-to-use pod-release pedal to clean stairs, furniture, and everywhere in your home.
- Deep cleaning on carpets, strong suction on hard floors, and powerful pet hair pickup.
- No vacuum emits cleaner air, capturing 99.99% of dust and allergens with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger)
- Lighter than Shark's best-selling Lift-Away, with more suction for versatile whole-home cleaning. (Weight and suction vs. NV351, suction measured at the hose)
- Advanced Swivel Steering lets you easily maneuver your vacuum in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
Our top pick is the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum, which is one of the best vacuums for allergies and a surprisingly affordable option.
It boasts a number of features that will help remove allergens from your home, including a HEPA filter and anti-allergy seal. The filter successfully traps 99.99 percent of dust and allergens, and the anti-allergen seal ensures that the sucked-up particles don’t escape the hoses or dirt canister.
2.Dyson Ball Animal
Pros & Cons
- Radial root cyclone technology captures more dirt and microscopic dust
- Self-adjusting cleaner head Seals in suction across carpets and hard floors
- Rides on a Ball and steers easily into difficult places
- Whole-machine filtration ensures that allergens are trapped inside the machine, not expelled back into the home.
- Includes Extra tools for pet Owners, including the tangle-free turbine tool
This model is a runner-up just by a hair. If price point and weight (this vacuum is five pounds heavier than our overall pick) aren’t deterrents for you, the Dyson boasts many of the same features as the Shark.
It has a HEPA-filtration system, as well as radial root cyclone technology, which makes it superior for capturing microscopic particles that could trigger your allergy symptoms.
Pros & Cons
- HASSLE-FREE CORD REWIND: 25 feet power cord automatically retracts in seconds so you never have to wrap a cord again
- DEEP CLEANING POWER: WindTunnel 2 Technology creates 2 channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep-down embedded dirt
- OPTIMIZED CLEANING: The multi-floor brush roll allows you to turn the brush roll on for optimal cleaning on carpets and off to prevent scattering of debris on hard floors
- EXTENDED CLEANING REACH: With up to 16 feet of cleaning reach, so you can clean dirt and dust anywhere in your home from floor to ceiling with our live hose and tools
- GREAT FOR PETS: Our advanced allergen block technology and odor-absorbing carbon assists in capturing dust, pet dander, pollen and eliminating pet odors
- DIRT CUP CAPACITY: 1.29 liters. Motor amps- 12 amps
This bagless model from Hoover proves that you can clear your home of allergens at any price point. It deftly sucks up dust, pollen, and pet dander thanks to its HEPA filter, and its suction system is specifically designed to dredge up and remove dirt, even if it’s embedded deep into carpet fibers.
The WindTunnel 2 adjusts to accommodate and clean different floor surfaces, with a brush roll that can be raised while cleaning hardwood floors to prevent debris from scattering.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance digital motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance
- 22v Lithium ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes
- Our patented Tangle Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum for pet households
- The Mess Free Dirt Tank with Clean Slide Technology allows you control the dust and dander to eliminate the clean up after the cleanup
- Easily converts to a hand or high reach vacuum, so you can clean more spaces with a single, innovative machine
- Clean pet messes anywhere your pet goes with Motorized Turbo Brush Tool and an LED Lighted Crevice Tool plus Dusting Brush
- Buy BISSELL, Save Pets. Your purchase funds one pet adoption fee, giving a homeless pet a forever home.
Many of the best vacuums for allergies are quite expensive, but you can pick up a lot of the offending allergens with a product like the Bissell Cleanview Deluxe Corded Handheld Vacuum.
This handheld model is compact and light, but it still does a great job of capturing tiny particles thanks to its HEPA filter.
5.Miele Dynamic U1
Pros & Cons
For those willing to splurge on a vacuum for the sake of their allergies, the German-made Miele Dynamic U1 Cat and Dog Upright Vacuum is a solid investment.
Its unique AirClean filtration system consists of an AirClean filter bag and an active air clean filter (which is made with absorbent active charcoal layers), enabling it to retain 99.99 percent of allergens while neutralizing and reducing pet odors.
Pros & Cons
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
With a robot vacuum, you can work less and relax more. The iRobot Roomba E5 Robot Vacuum is one of the few robotic vacuums with a high-efficiency filter, and its ability to pick up dirt, dust, and other particles makes it a great tool for ridding your home of allergens.
This Wi-Fi connected robot vacuum can be controlled from your smartphone—you can create a custom cleaning schedule, start the tool remotely, and view cleaning maps.
7.Kenmore Elite 31150
Pros & Cons
- BAGGED UPRIGHT VACUUM: Remove pet hair, dirt and more with this multifloor, multi-surface designed vacuum for use in your home, den, or kitchen with a wide sweeper path
- PET HANDIMATE: Air driven turbine spins roller brush to high RPM easily removing dander, stubborn pet hair and other debris off furniture, stairs, car and van seats and out of your vehicle
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of dirt, trapping dirt inside the vacuum reducing pollutants in the room
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 3D Inducer Motor combines power of 3 motors that give you 20% more air power than a conventional vacuum while never losing suction
- 3 ATTACHMENTS-EXTENDED REACH: Flexible hose and lightweight aluminum wand lengthen to reach 10'. Brush and Crevice tool for convenient cleaning transitions; 35' cord, cleaning width of 12.75", 5 height adjustments; Cord Storage: Manual Wrap
Many modern vacuum cleaners are bagless, but if you prefer a bagged vacuum, which actually keeps dust and allergens trapped even when you empty it, one of your best options is the Kenmore Elite Pet & Allergy Friendly Upright Vacuum. This model is actually certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, so you know it’s a good choice for allergy season.
This upright vacuum’s 3D Inducer motor system has more power than the average upright, and the vacuum has five height adjustments so you can efficiently clean both hard floors and thick carpets.
Best Hypoallergenic Vacuum – Having indoor allergies can leave those affected frustrated and drained. Allergies leave you in a congested haze with red, itchy eyes, and a cough. You dust and wipe down surfaces, but still come home and are triggered by dust or pet hair.
The missing ingredient to help assuage indoor allergies could be the type of vacuum you are using. Because dust and animal allergies happen so often, the importance of having a powerful vacuum to suck up any debris that could cause an attack is so important.