Best Laminate Floor Vacuum – There’s no shortage of vacuum cleaners that offer exceptional cleaning performance on laminate floors. Unlike low-pile rugs or shag carpeting, this kind of surface doesn’t hold onto dirt and debris, making it easier for vacuums to clear messes.
That said, the best vacuums for laminate floors have to offer more than just fantastic suction performance, but also good maneuverability, an easy-to-maintain design, or even low recurring costs.
1.Miele Complete C3
Pros & Cons
- FilterBag volume - 4.5 litres
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- Wattage: 1200 watts
- Integrated accessories
The best vacuum for laminate floors that we’ve tested is the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine. This amazingly well-built bagged canister vacuum easily cleans pet hair and various kinds of small and bulky debris on bare surfaces like laminate flooring, with no significant loss in suction power as its dirtbag fills up. It has a seven-level suction power adjustment feature, allowing you to change its suction power to suit other surfaces like carpets or curtains.
This vacuum has a remarkably easy-to-maintain design, with the few parts requiring regular maintenance being readily accessible. The vacuum itself has a couple of thoughtful quality of life features that make cleaning a little easier, including a power cord that can be retracted at the press of a button, an onboard storage compartment for its dusting brush and its crevice and upholstery tools, and a HEPA filter to help trap allergens as you clean.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: For everyday messes and high-traffic areas.
- UP TO 40 MINUTES OF RUNTIME: Removable battery with up to 40 minutes of runtime, measured at the hand vacuum in standard mode.
- POWERFINS BRUSHROLL: Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets and directly engage floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- HEPA FILTRATION AND ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Captures and traps dust, allergens, dander, and more, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
- REMOVABLE HAND VACUUM: Transforms to a hand vacuum for lightweight above-floor cleaning.
- XL DUST CUP: Removable dust cup with CleanTouch Dirt Ejector.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Illuminate hidden debris around the home.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool & Pet Multi-tool.
The best vacuum for laminate floors that we’ve tested with a cordless design is the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This cordless stick/handheld vacuum offers fantastic cleaning performance on bare, even surfaces, so it should easily clean pet hair and small debris like rice or bulky material like baking soda on this surface type.
Its bagless design and washable pre-motor and allergen-trapping HEPA filters result in very low recurring costs. Its lightweight plastic construction makes it very easy to pick up and carry or maneuver in cluttered areas.
3.Miele Triflex HX1
Pros & Cons
- Miele’s unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable cleaning in all areas - floors, furniture and hard to reach spots (e.g. ceilings).
- As strong as Miele’s most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect cleaning results on all floors.
- Exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion battery for up to 60 minutes run-time.
- Extra-wide electrobrush Multi Floor XXL (11") with automatic floor detection. For effortless and quick cleaning of all surfaces.
- Maintenance-free Hygiene Lifetime Filter with >99,9% dust retention capacity.
If you want a cordless vacuum with a battery that lasts longer on a charge, consider the Miele Triflex HX1. This uniquely designed cordless vacuum has a smaller dirt compartment than the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H and isn’t as easy to maneuver under tables and couches. It can provide just under 20 minutes of runtime even when run continuously in its high-suction power mode.
Its unique three-in-one design allows you to reconfigure it as a handheld, stick, or upright to better suit your needs as you clean, and its dense plastic construction feels solid. Its automatic surface type adjustment function not only allows it to change the speed of the brushroll depending on the surface it’s on by itself but can also stop the brushroll’s rotation if it detects that it’s about to get tangled in something, like rug tassels.
4.iRobot Roomba 981
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Power-Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance. Automatically increases suction to clean deep into carpets with Power Boost Technology.
- IT WON'T STOP TILL THE JOB IS DONE - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt and technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- NAVIGATES IN NEAT ROWS - Purposefully and logically cleans in neat rows and uses floor tracking sensors to navigate your home.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link, when the Roomba 981 finishes vacuuming, it automatically tells Braava jet m6 to start mopping.
- PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF - Doesn’t skip a beat, or a mess. When its running low on battery it recharges and resumes, ensuring a complete clean.
- iRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers.
The best robot vacuum for laminate floors that we’ve tested is the iRobot Roomba 981. This robot vacuum does an excellent job of maneuvering itself, as it cleans in an organized pattern and can return to areas in which it had trouble clearing debris. Its small size also enables it to maneuver under furniture like tables and chairs. You can use its companion app to start a cleaning job, set up cleaning sessions in advance, or even pilot the vacuum remotely.
This vacuum delivers exceptional performance on flat, even surfaces like laminate floors, easily cleaning pet hair as well as small and large debris. It has an onboard HEPA filter to trap allergens as it cleans, which is great if you have a heavily-shedding pet.
Pros & Cons
- 【Z-shape Route Navigation & Mapping】: Compared with other robot vacuums of the same price, E4 is powered by OpticEye motion tracking and dual gyroscope route algorithms, can make a route planning while cleaning and never miss any corner of your home. You could see the cleaning map it builds up on App.
- 【4 Cleaning Mode & Strong Suction】: Designed with 4 cleaning mode(Silent, Balanced, Turbo, Max), you could choose different modes for different floors on the App. And when walks on the carpet, it will automatically increase the suction power (2000pa max) and take away the tenacious dust on the carpet, making your family life healthier.
- 【Large Battery & 200 Runtime】: A 100% battery can run for 200 min, is enough to clean up to 2152sqft. When the robot vac is low of battery during cleaning, it can automatically recharge and then continue cleaning where it left, so if you have larger house, just entrust the cleaning work to E4, without worries.
- 【640 ML Dustbin & Washable Filter】: A 640 ml larger dustbin can store more debris, making the robot vacuum easier to clean large spaces or just empty it less often. The washable filter means longer service life and better cleaning effect.
- 【App & Voice Control】: Control every element of your robot wherever you are from the Mi Home app. You could even set a cleaning schedule for each room. With Alexa and Google Home support, you could freely start and stop cleanups and more with the power of your voice.
- 【24 hours Customer Care】: Roborock provides a 12 months warranty for each product. And if you have any questions, please contact our 24-hour customer service center.
If you’re looking for a more affordable robot vacuum that can still easily clear debris on laminate floors, take a look at the Roborock E4. It struggles a little more than the iRobot Roomba 981 in climbing over obstructions like electrical cords, but it is substantially cheaper and offers similarly superb performance on bare floors, where it easily cleans pet hair as well as small and bulky debris.
It also feels impressively well-built and has a slightly larger dirt compartment. It has a longer maximum battery, too, though it does take much longer to recharge
Pros & Cons
- Innovative Multi-Surface Vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes 3 settings: Carpet, Upholstery and Hard Floors
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver: Vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 Integrated Crevice Tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-To-Use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a 1 button release for easy dust cup emptying
- Capacity: 3 Liters
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
The best budget vacuum for laminate floors that we’ve tested is the Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister. This canister vacuum delivers superb performance on flat, even surfaces like laminate floors, so it should easily clean debris like pet hair, rice, or cereal. Suction performance doesn’t drop noticeably as its dirt compartment fills up either, which is good if you have several large messes to clean.
This vacuum’s compact size and lightweight plastic construction make it easy to pick up and carry or maneuver in cluttered environments. You can also retract the bristles on its main vacuum head to better clean rugs or remove its wand to use it in a semi-handheld configuration. Its bagless design and washable filters result in a near-total lack of recurring costs. The few parts that need regular cleaning are simple to access.
Pros & Cons
- Two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams for incredible suction and long-lasting filter and motor life.
- Detachable self-cleaning Pet Power Brush eliminates hair wrap from the floor, upholstery, and the brushroll.
- Features an XL dust cup to tackle big jobs.
- Lightweight and portable at only 2.8 lbs.
- Contains a washable filter for easy cleanup.
- CleanTouch dirt ejector for easy, hands-free debris disposal.
- Lithium-ion technology ensures reliable performance during each use.
- Comes with a crevice tool and scrubbing brush clean hard-to-reach places and remove stuck-on dirt.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly vacuum better-suited to spot-cleaning laminate floors, consider the Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+. It isn’t as well-suited to cleaning large areas as the Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister due to its approximate runtime of roughly 10 minutes.
However, it’s substantially more portable, and its cordless design makes it easier to clean areas far from any electrical outlets. It delivers incredible performance on bare floors, though it struggles slightly more with bulky debris like cereal as its relatively spacious dirt compartment fills up.
Best Laminate Floor Vacuum – To help you find the best vacuum for laminate floors, we have thoroughly researched a multitude of top cleaners, ensuring they featured delicate, yet powerful, designs that could clean laminate flooring without causing any damage.
To that end, we liked vacuums with plenty of wattage and suction power and those that shipped with attachments that allowed the cleaners to treat other parts of the home in addition to laminate floors.