Best Mini Shop Vacuum – If woodworking is your thing, you know that sawdust is your leading enemy. However, broom alone is not enough to solve the heavy dust problem. That’s right. That’s just what Steve of Steve Ramsey – Woodworking for Mere Mortals thought of in one of his videos. Well, that’s why shop vacs are your best resort.
Compared to the typical vacuum we are using at home, a bucket vacuum or shop vac is a specialized type of vacuum that can handle heavy-duty cleaning tasks
Pros & Cons
- 5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 5. 5 Peak HP High Efficiency Motor
- Integrated Hose Storage
- 18' Cord with Cord Storage
- Easily Converts to Blower
The Vacmaster VFB511B0201 Professional Wet/Dry Vac is tiny. It is only 5 gallons in total. However, it should be big enough for your average homeowner.
It won’t take up too much room and is quite stout. Even if you’re low on space, you should be able to store it somewhere quite easily. The hose storage is integrated, which makes it look very tidy when it’s put away. The cord is 18 inches long. This length should be plenty for most people. There is integrated cord storage on this small shop vac as well.
This machine has a high-efficiency motor and is pretty powerful for its size.
Pros & Cons
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
- Note: It is a 1-1/4” diameter hose which will make it difficult to pick up leaves or other larger debris.
The Armor All AA255 Wet/Dry Utility Shop Vacuum is even smaller than the first one we reviewed. It is only 2.5 gallons, which is half the size of most smaller shop vacs. The engine is much less powerful as well. It was one of the weakest that we tested. The cord is 10 feet long, though. This length is a bit longer than some of the other ones we looked at.
Despite how cheap it is, this mini shop vac does come with a blower function. It is effortless to switch between blow and suck as well.
3.DEWALT – DXVC6912
Pros & Cons
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN: Replacement high efficiency cartridge filter, fit for DeWalt 6-16 gallon wet/dry vacuum cleaners, compatible with DXV06P DXV09P DXV09PA DXV10P DXV10PL DXV10S DXV10SA DXV10SB DXV12P DXV14P DXV16P DXV16PA DXV16S wet/dry shop vacuums
- POWERFUL FILTRATION: Unique pleated design out-performs the traditional sleeves and bags of older models provide more surface area to improve airflow and reduce clogging, improve the air quality effectively, collects particles down to 1 micron at 99% efficiency
- WASHABLE & REUSABLE: The filter is made from washable material, which can clean dust repeated and greatly reduce the cost of the use. Please gently rinsing the filter with water and letting it air dry completely before reinstalling it for use
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION: This vac filter can be installed in seconds. Just take off the older filter and push up the new one
- WHAT YOU GET: DEWALT DXVC6912 cartridge filter x 1
This DeWALT DXV14P Poly Wet/Dry Vac is not very small. It is 14 gallons in all, which is quite a bit larger than some of the other options we’ve listed. Because it is so much larger, it is quite a bit more expensive. However, this may be a good option for those who need something a little larger than the other shop vacs we’ve mentioned.
With 6 horsepower (HP), the engine on this machine is pretty powerful as well. It shouldn’t have a problem sucking up most things, including liquids.
Pros & Cons
- HEAVY-DUTY: Powerful 6.5 Peak HP provides extra power for large projects in the garage, shop and on the jobsite
- BUILT-IN BLOWER PORT: Rear blowing port on this wet dry vac allows for quick cleaning of leaves and grass clippings in your garage and outdoors
- OVERSIZED DRAIN: Built-in oversized drain on the wet/dry vac allows for convenient emptying of liquids
- DUAL-FLEX TECHNOLOGY: 2-1/2 in. diameter shop vacuum hose features Dual-Flex technology for 180-degree mobility at each end to resist kinking
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 2-1/2 in. x 7 ft. POS-I-LOCK Dual-Flex Hose, 2 Extension Wands, Utility Nozzle, Car Nozzle, Wet Nozzle, Qwik Lock Filter and Dust Collection Bag
- WARRANTY: 3 Year Limited Warranty
The CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17595 Wet/Dry Vac is designed to be a powerful, heavy-duty machine. However, it is lacking in a few different ways. Firstly, it has a bit of a “toxic” smell. This might not be a big deal, but it isn’t enjoyable to say the least.
The stench seems to be created by the heat of the engine, which is troublesome. It is also decently bulky. If you’re concerned about portability, this probably isn’t the best vacuum for you.
Despite its small size, it isn’t that easy to store or transport.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance Motor Provides Strong Power For Suction And Blowing Application, Quieter Operation
- 4 Gallon Capacity With Sturdy Handle And Light Weight For Easy Carrying
- Widespread Stainless Steel Base To Prevent Tipping, Built-In Storage Stage, 1-1/4” Accessories Hose Diameter
- Swiveling Casters Enable The Ease Movement In Any Direction, 10 Feet Power Cord Enable Wide Clean Range
The Porter-Cable PCX18301-4B Wet/Dry Vacuum is a very stout, compact machine. If you’re worried about storage, this mini shop vac can likely fit just about anywhere. It has a large on/off switch that is also water-resistant.
You don’t have to worry about it wearing down during hard and dirty work. It has a 4-gallon capacity. This is about in the middle of the range as far as smaller shop vacs go. This capacity should be plenty for most homeowners.
This machine has a high-performance motor, providing maximum suction.
6.Ridgid WD4070 4
Pros & Cons
- This item is VAC, WD4070 4 GALLON 31653
- This product is used for bucket-tool-organizers
- This product manufacture by Mexico
- Lightweight 12 pound vac that is extremely portable
- Large carry handle is designed for convenient portability and large rear wheels & casters provide great mobility over carpeted floors, thresholds, and rough floors at job sites
- Tug-A-Long locking hose won’t pull loose during use
- The 3-layer fine dust filter captures fine dust particles such as dry wall dust
- Patented scroll noise reduction provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac
The Ridgid WD4070 4 Gallon Portable Vacuum holds 4 gallons. This is a medium-sized vacuum as far as smaller shop vacs go. It weighs a bit more than most vacuums despite its small size. In total, empty, it weighs 12 pounds. This isn’t heavy by any means, but it is quite a bit heavier than you might expect. It does have a large handle, which makes it easier to move around. However, it is still harder to move around than others.
The wheels don’t help much. They don’t swivel very well, which makes it decently difficult to transport easily. It also doesn’t move well while you’re using it.
Pros & Cons
- ❤【LARGER CAPACITY Stanley SL18910P-3 Wet / Dry Vacuum has a larger capacity over 11 L, makes small clean-up jobs in car a breeze for you as you don’t have to empty the tank frequently any more
- ❤【VERSATILE & POWERFUL Thanks to the 3 peak HP motor, this vac offers powerful enough suction needed to any cleanup jobs in car with its 3 in 1 crevice nozzle, all accessories features on-board storage for easy transport
- ❤【2 in 1 Function With this versatile vac you can vacuum both wet liquid spills and dry debris, dust, saw, dirt or, just wrap the power cord on top handle after using, conveniently
- ❤【FARTHER CLEANUP With over 10 ft. of cleaning reach(4 ft. hose, 6 ft. power cord) it’s easy to do a farther cleanup for you without unplugging the unit, while it has a sturdy top handle for convenient and easy carrying
- ❤【WHAT YOU GET Stanley SL18910P-3 Wet / Dry Vac x 1, 1-1/4"x4’ hose x 1, 3 in 1 crevice nozzle x 1, gulper nozzle x 1, foam filter x 1, reusable dry filter x 1, 12-Month Limited
Stanley SL18910P-3 is a perfect small shop vac that can handle light-duty cleanups on the daily. Its 3-gallon capacity and 3 HP are just adequate to cater to your needs in a small workshop.
It can also be a good alternative to a car vacuum due to its size and power. The 3-in-1 crevice nozzle is also one of the reasons we picked this. It offers great constructions and functionality that optimizes the air flow of the 1-1/4″x4’ hose.
Best Mini Shop Vacuum – Besides the specs of dust, it is also capable of sucking up bits of debris from a woodworking or construction site. This includes sawdust, small chunks of wood, nails, screws, small metal pieces, and more.
It is also capable of handling liquids due to its powerful motor. It can even handle all sorts of liquid which makes it an effective wet type of vacuum, as well.