Best Portable Vacuum for Dog Hair – For many households, pets are a limitless source of joy, comfort, and laughter. Unfortunately, they can also be limitless sources of pet hair, which has a nasty tendency of getting everywhere. Having a lightweight vacuum that can cover almost every part of a home is invaluable for owners of heavily shedding animals.
The best handheld vacuums for pet hair should not only be easy to carry around and easily suck up pet hair but also should have a variety of tools to tackle small, closed-off areas. A HEPA filter is also a handy addition since it can trap allergens as you clean.
Pros & Cons
- CORDLESS, PORTABLE, & ULTRA COMPACT - 20V MAX Lithium Hand Vac with Pet Brush.
- FOUR FOOT FLEXIBLE HOSE - Clean floor to ceiling
- WASHABLE BOWL AND FILTER - Easy-to-clean 17 oz. capacity dirt bowl.Suction power:24 AW
- QUICK CHARGING - Charging station and base keeps the unit charged and accessories organized.
- PET BRUSH - Clean stubborn pet hair from carpets, stairs, and other upholstery.
If you’re looking for a cordless handheld vacuum with a larger dirt compartment, consider the Black+Decker dustbuster AdvancedClean+ Pet. It doesn’t clear pet hair quite as effectively on low or high-pile carpet compared to the Wyze Handheld Vacuum and isn’t as compact or lightweight, but it does have a bigger dustbin that doesn’t need emptying nearly as often.
While it lacks an extension wand or hard bristle brush, it comes with a turbo brush to help clear debris on upholstered surfaces more easily. It supplies roughly anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes of runtime on a single charge depending on your choice of suction power mode and attachments, though it takes notably longer to recharge.
Pros & Cons
- 150% More Brush Bar Power
- Cord-free. Hassle-free.
- Up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.
- The Direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt.
- Mini motorized tool removes pet hair and ground-in dirt.
The Dyson Humdinger is the best hand vacuum for pet hair that we’ve tested for bare floors. This compact handheld vacuum does a fantastic job sucking pet hair on flat, even surfaces like hardwood or tile. It has an allergen-trapping HEPA filter that shouldn’t need replacing as long as you clean it regularly, and it comes with a turbo brush for helping remove pet hair from upholstered surfaces.
This vacuum weighs very little, making it easy to pick up and carry from room to room. It also has relatively few parts that need periodic cleaning. It offers a maximum of roughly half an hour of continuous runtime on a single charge, which should be more than sufficient for most spot-cleaning tasks. You can increase its suction power for dealing with especially stubborn messes by using the ‘MAX’ suction switch, though running it in this power mode decreases its battery life to just roughly 10 minutes.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: For everyday messes and high-traffic areas.
- UP TO 40 MINUTES OF RUNTIME: Removable battery with up to 40 minutes of runtime, measured at the hand vacuum in standard mode.
- POWERFINS BRUSHROLL: Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets and directly engage floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- HEPA FILTRATION AND ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Captures and traps dust, allergens, dander, and more, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
- REMOVABLE HAND VACUUM: Transforms to a hand vacuum for lightweight above-floor cleaning.
- XL DUST CUP: Removable dust cup with CleanTouch Dirt Ejector.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Illuminate hidden debris around the home.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool & Pet Multi-tool.
If you’re looking for a cordless vacuum better suited to cleaning larger areas, consider the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This cordless vacuum isn’t as lightweight as the Dyson Humdinger and has more parts that need regular cleaning, but since you can use it as a stick vacuum, it’s a much better fit for cleaning larger areas.
Its maximum battery life of approximately 40 minutes is also longer, though this can drop by a significant degree depending on the attachments and suction power mode used. Its HEPA filter traps allergens as you clean, and the vacuum does an incredible job of sucking up pet hair on a wide variety of surface types.
Pros & Cons
- 16,800 Pa Suction Power - The suction power of a tornado in a handheld, compact vacuum. Can absorb everything from fine dust mites to bread crumbs.
- Brushless Digital Motor - Our 100,000 RPM motor is 3x better than motors with carbon brush loss.
- Lightweight & Cordless - Use anywhere from the kitchen to your office to your car.
- Washable HEPA filter - Filters dirty or clogged? Simply rinse the HEPA filter and stainless steel prefilter screen with tap water and let dry.
- 30-min Cleaning Time - Clean for up to 30 minutes on a single charge.
The best handheld vacuum for pet hair in the budget price range we’ve tested is the Wyze Handheld Vacuum. This cordless vacuum is very lightweight and compact but still feels well-built. It has a simple design that’s easy to maintain, and it incurs low recurring costs since only its allergen-trapping HEPA filter assembly needs regular replacing.
This vacuum does a fantastic job of cleaning pet hair on bare floors as well as low and high-pile carpet. It comes with a fairly broad assortment of attachments, including a dedicated upholstery tool and an extension hose to help reach hard-to-clean areas. Using it in its default suction power mode yields roughly half an hour of runtime, which is quite long for a compact handheld vacuum, though its battery life drops dramatically if you run it continuously in its most powerful suction power mode.
Pros & Cons
- Cleans Hair, Dirt & Debris From High Traffic Areas
- Cleans unwanted messes from on top of, around and under furniture
- Vacuums Hair & Debris from Carpeted Stairs
- Anti- tangle rubber bristles motorized to lift stubborn pet hair
- Extra long crevice tool - Clean hard to reach areas with less effort
- Washable filter and pre-filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- 1 Touch easy empty- Empty without touching the dirt
- 2 Speeds - Powerboost mode for more power at touch of a button
- XL Dustbin - Pick up more, empty less. Charger - Jack Plug
- Battery indicator - Know how much battery is left to complete the task
It supplies roughly anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes of runtime on a single charge depending on your choice of suction power mode and attachments, though it takes notably longer to recharge. Also, it lacks a HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean, and its plastic pre-filter and main filter need replacing quite frequently.
Get the Wyze if you want a smaller vacuum with a HEPA filter, but consider the Black+Decker if the inclusion of a larger dirt compartment and a turbo brush are more important to you.
6.LG CordZero Cordless
Pros & Cons
- Powerful Performance, built to last. The Smart Inverter Motor on our A9 vacuum cleaner creates powerful suction and is backed by a 10 year warranty for lasting peace of mind.
- The LG cordless stick vacuum boasts strong suction and 2 rechargeable, detachable quick release batteries that let you clean and charge at the same time for up to 80 minutes* of uninterrupted performance. All that with no strings attached.
- Turn the vacuum on and off easily, or select different power levels, including Turbo mode, with the touch of a thumb. That means less strain on your hand and a more comfortable clean.
- Our cordless vacuum cleaners effectively lift dust, dirt and pet hair from carpets thanks to the direct drive motor inside the nozzle cleaning head.
- Detach the hand vacuum for quick and easy spot cleaning. Easily switch between floors and furniture with the versatility of the detachable handheld vacuum
If you’re looking for a cordless stick vacuum that comes with more attachments, consider the LG CordZero A9 Ultimate. This cordless stick vacuum isn’t as easy to maneuver as the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. However, it comes with more tools and accessories in the box, including a motorized turbo brush and a flexible extension adapter that make it easier to clean hard-to-reach spots like ceiling fans or shelves. It also delivers similarly exceptional pet hair cleaning performance on bare, even surfaces like hardwood or tile.
Its maximum runtime of roughly an hour is notably longer, and it charges faster too. Unfortunately, it doesn’t feel especially sturdy, which is somewhat disappointing. It also has many parts that need periodic cleaning, but thankfully, you can also pull out its brushroll for easier removal of hair wraps. As long as you maintain it according to manufacturer specifications, it shouldn’t incur any recurring cost
7.iRobot Roomba s9+
Pros & Cons
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- THE ULTIMATE ROBOT MOP - The Braava jet m6 robot mops like you would. You can tell it where and when to clean, and Precision Jet Spray helps tackle sticky messes and kitchen grease.
- MOPPING THAT FITS SEAMLESSLY INTO YOUR LIFE - Ideal for multiple rooms and larger spaces. Navigates around objects and under furniture. Cleans finished hard floors including hardwood, tile and stone.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 and Braava jet m6 learn the layout of your home and build personal Smart Maps, enabling them to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUM OR MOP MESSES IN THE MOMENT - A simple request to your voice assistant or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9 or Braava jet m6 to clean messes for you, right when they happen — immediately clean that spot and consider it done.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. And with Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
- A CLEAN UNIQUE TO YOU - The Roomba s9 robot vacuum and Braava jet m6 robot mop are smarter than ever, learning where and when you normally clean and suggesting personalized schedules so you can focus on everything else.
- ALWAYS GETTING SMARTER - Quality that lasts. Intelligence that grows. Equipped with advanced hardware capable of providing the intelligent features you love today, and access to our latest advancements in the future.
The iRobot Roomba S9 is the best robot vacuum for pet hair that we’ve tested. This amazingly well-built robot vacuum performs well on bare floors and low and high-pile carpet, and it picks up pet hair well. It also comes with a HEPA filter that traps allergens while it cleans, which is especially useful if you have a pet that sheds.
Its iAdapt 3.0 navigation system lets it create efficient cleaning paths and maneuver around obstacles. Using its companion app, you can create a virtual map of your home and schedule cleaning times for specific rooms. It has three power settings and remarkable battery performance, lasting 50 minutes in its most powerful setting. You can also purchase this vacuum along with a charging station/dirt bin, which lets the vacuum empty its dirt compartment automatically when it’s full.
Best Portable Vacuum for Dog Hair – There are many reasons to love pets. Unfortunately, shedding isn’t one of them. Pet fur has a bad habit of getting everywhere, so having a vacuum that you can take to cover every square inch of your home, not to mention the inside of your car, is an invaluable asset to your cleaning arsenal.
Thankfully, there’s no shortage of cordless vacuum cleaners on the market that do an outstanding job of sucking up hair on a variety of surfaces.