Best Shark Stick Vacuum – Stick vacuums are the perfect tool for quickly cleaning bare floors and low pile carpets when you don’t have the time (or the energy) to lug out your heavier, full-size canister or upright vacuum. While we’ve always considered them great secondary vacuums, the stick vacuums we are testing today in the Good Housekeeping Cleaning Lab clean much better than models we’ve tested in the past.
In fact, some even rival the deep cleaning performance of full-size vacuums. New models have more powerful, longer-lasting batteries and better brush rolls and attachments for deep cleaning.
Pros & Cons
- Efficient Cordless Cleaning: Powered by the latest motor technology the Rapid Clean makes cleaning convenient and thorough
- 40 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Up to 40 min of fade-free runtime. Easily switch to MAX power on fingertip controls to increase suction for better cleaning on carpet and rugs
- Easy Rest Feature: Need to take a break. The specially designed Easy Rest nook allows you to safely prop the vacuum up on countertops and furniture.Filtration:Foam
- Under Furniture Reach: We moved the dust cup to the front so you can lay the vacuum completely flat to reach under beds and furniture with ease
- LED Headlights: Bright beams light the way so you can see dust and debris that might otherwise have been missed and make cleaning under furniture much easier
If you have lots of obstacles, like furniture, organizers and houseplants to clean up around, this Eureka is a great choice at a great price. Its flexible neck provides swivel steering that combined with its big wheels and lightweight — it’s just over six pounds — allows you to easily maneuver around objects without missing a step.
In our tests, we found it super easy to assemble and use and we like the top-mounted dust cup that helps it get closer to the floor to better reach under low furniture.
2.Dyson Cyclone V10
Pros & Cons
- New Torque Drive Cleaner Head - Removes 25% More Dust than the Dyson V8 Vacuum
- The Dyson Digital V10 Motor Spins At Up to 125,000 RPM to Generate Powerful Suction and a Powerful Handheld Vacuum - Up to 60 Minutes of Run Time When Using a Non-Motorized Tool
- Three Power Modes - Three Different Power Modes to Suit Any Task on Any Floor Type
- Advanced Whole Machine Filtration - Sealed System to Ensure Clean Air - Captures 99.97% of Particles As Small As 0.3 Microns
- Includes - Torque Drive Cleaner Head, Electric Wand Set, Mini Motorized Tool, Docking Station, Combination Accessory Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush and Manuals
This newest vacuum from Dyson is also its coolest. Dirt doesn’t stand a chance and dust bunnies can’t hide from this vacuum with its innovative laser beam on its bare floor fluffy roller attachment. Simply turn it on to shine an angled beam of light directly in front of the vacuum to illuminate and nab the microscopic dust that other vacuums miss.
In our tests, we were amazed. Specks and particles that were invisible in regular light came into clear view when the laser hit them.
Pros & Cons
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
Never have we seen a stick vacuum as innovative and adaptable as the Miele Triflex. Most stick vacuums can be used in two configurations — upright and handheld. But the Miele can transform into three designs.
With the motor, battery and dust cup (the power unit) placed up top, it works like a traditional pole vacuum, making it easy to reach under low furniture or (without the floor nozzle) up high to clean ceiling moldings and light fixtures.
4.Shark AV911S EZ
Pros & Cons
- FORGET ABOUT VACUUMING: The bagless, self-emptying base holds up to 30 days of dirt and debris.
- INCREDIBLE SUCTION: Deep-cleaning power to tackle large and small debris, and pet hair.
- ROW-BY-ROW CLEANING: Methodically cleans row by row, room to room for complete coverage.
- RECHARGE & RESUME: It returns to the base, recharges, and can pick up where it left off.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Capture dust, dander, and allergens.
- APP/VOICE CONTROL: Easily start cleaning with Google Assistant, Alexa, or one tap in the app.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING: Multi-surface brushroll pulls in dirt and debris from carpets and floors.
- HANDLE EDGES AND CORNERS: With its dual spinning side brushes, no debris is safe.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark EZ Robot Vacuum, Self-Empty Base, (2) Side Brushes & Filter.
Shark vacuums do well in GH Cleaning Lab tests and have proven to be good performers at a great price. We tested a previous Rocket stick model that was very similar in design to this pick and we found it had good suction, was lightweight and easy to maneuver and thanks to its long cord, offered non-stop cleaning.
Like virtually all stick vacuums, this model has a motorized floor nozzle with a rotating brush that cleans both bare floors and carpet and converts to a handheld vacuum.
Pros & Cons
- Roborock S7 robot vacuum is the Winner of 17 Best of CES 2021 Awards, from Business Insider, Digital Trends, Newsweek, How To Geek, and many more. Please be aware products purchased from non-authorized channels are not covered by the official warranty.
- Sonic Mopping Technology. Roborock S7 robot vacuum mops with the power of sound, scrubbing up to 3,000 times per minute. Fed by a 300 ml electronic water tank, stains from coffee to mud and more can be cleaned deeply and effectively.
- Intelligent Mop Lifting. S7’s VibraRise mop lifts when a carpet is detected, so you can mop hard floors and vacuum carpets in a single clean. It also raises when cleaning is finished to avoid spreading dirt, and when docked so you can say goodbye to ugly plastic mats and dirty streaks.
- Upgraded Brush System. Multi-directional floating brush keeps the brush closer to the ground for deeper cleaning even on uneven surfaces. Roborock S7’s all-new rubber brush is more durable and resists hair tangling better. It’s perfect for homes with pets.
- Powerful Performance. With 600g mop pressure and 2500PA HyperForce suction, Roborock S7 easily lifts dust and hair from floors and pulls it from deep inside carpets. It is the most powerful and the most convenient robot vacuum Roborock has ever made.
- Ultrasonic Carpet Recognition. Roborock S7 accurately identifies carpets using ultrasonic sound. Once a carpet is recognized, S7 will automictically boost the suction power for a deeper carpet cleaning. You can also choose to have the mop lift to vacuum low-pile carpets, or use No-Mop Zones to prevent it from cleaning medium and high-pile ones. You do not need to worry about wet carpets while cleaning the floor.
- 2.4GHz Wifi Connection and Comprehensive App Control. With Roborock App, cleaning control is just in your hands. You can see exact mopping and vacuuming routes, where carpets are, set cleaning schedules, adjust suction power, vibration strength, water flow, set No-Go Zones, Invisible Walls and more in the Roborock App.
- Voice Control. Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Siri Shortcuts support let you command your robot with the power of your voice. Start cleaning with a simple voice command.
- Accurate Cleaning. Using LiDAR Navigation, onboard maps are incredibly accurate and Roborock’s renowned navigation Adaptive Route Algorithms always work to find the fastest route for cleaning.
- Keep Cleaning Longer. Using its powerful battery, Roborock S7 delivers up to 180 minutes of non-stop cleaning on a single charge, helping clean all your home at once.
Roborock is a brand we came to know in our last test of robot vacuums and its cordless stick vacuum cleaner is just as impressive. The H7 is lightweight, easy to maneuver and easy to maintain with its removable brush rolls and washable filter.
It’s no secret that bagless dust cups can be messy to empty and the dust cloud they produce is irritating to allergy sufferers. So Roborock came up with a solution: Included with this model are mini bags that you insert into the cup so all the dust goes into the bag. You simply remove and toss it once it’s full. Genius!
Pros & Cons
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Removes Spots & Stains. Lift away messes from carpets, upholstery, car interiors and more.
- Strong Spray & Suction. Remove tough pet stains with strong spray and suction.
- Large Tank Capacity. 48 oz. tank means you can clean more between refills.
- Tools & Formula Included. Comes with 3" Tough Stain Tool, HydroRinse Self-Cleaning Hose Tool and an 8 oz. trial-size Spot & Stain with Febreze Freshness formula.
- Certain trademarks used under license from The Procter & Gamble Company or its affiliates.
This Good Housekeeping Seal star could almost pass for an upright with its wide brush roll and large back wheels. In our tests, it ran for an impressive 37 minutes on a single charge and was one of the quietest vacuums we tested. If you only want to clean floors and are looking for an effective, easy-to-use vacuum without a lot of bells and whistles, the Bissell AirRam is a solid choice.
The handle can lay flat on the ground, making it easier to vacuum under furniture and in tough-to-reach places, and it collapses, too, making storage easier.
Pros & Cons
- DuoClean PowerFins: A PowerFin roller and a soft roller combine on all floors. Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets, directly engage floors, and pick up more in every pass. (vs. original DuoClean)
- Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- Engineered to pick up more hair with no hair wrap (vs. shark bristle nozzles)
- Lift-Away the detachable pod with the easy-to-use pod-release pedal to clean stairs, furniture, and everywhere in your home.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- A lighter pod than Shark's best-selling Lift-Away, with more suction for versatile whole-home cleaning. (weight and suction vs. NV351, suction measured at the hose.)
- Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle reveal hidden debris around your home.
- Advanced Swivel Steering lets you easily maneuver your vacuum in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
- Includes tools to tackle stubborn pet hair and hard-to-reach spaces.
- Includes: Crevice Tool, Pet Multi-Tool, Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush
The Shark Rotator Lift-Away ADV is the best Shark vacuum for bare floors that we’ve tested. This corded upright easily cleans pet hair as well as small and bulky debris on flat, even surfaces like tile or hardwood. Suction performance remains consistent even as its fairly large dustbin fills up, so it shouldn’t need emptying very often.
There’s a two-level suction power adjustment feature and two distinct surface settings for bare floors or carpets, which gives you a fair amount of flexibility if you need to clean the occasional low or high-pile rug.
Best Shark Stick Vacuum – And when it comes to flexibility and convenience, they can’t be beat: Because most also convert to handheld vacuums, they can also easily clean upholstery, stairs and even the car.
Our expert Cleaning Lab team is constantly testing and recommending all kinds of vacuums, like robot vacuums, handheld vacuums, vacuums for pet hair, vacuums for hardwood floors and even budget-friendly vacuums under $100. In our last category test of stick vacuums alone, we collected 890 data points from just 12 vacuums.