Best Small Vacuum for Stairs – Stairs can be hard to clean if your vacuum has a bulky design or a short power cord or hose, as these design elements impact your ability to efficiently clean tight, narrow spaces.
If you’re cleaning a staircase, an ideal vacuum should be lightweight, easily portable, and have great maneuverability. It should also be able to get into tight corners and have a long enough range to reach the top or bottom of your staircase.
Pros & Cons
- Two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams for incredible suction and long-lasting filter and motor life.
- Detachable self-cleaning Pet Power Brush eliminates hair wrap from the floor, upholstery, and the brushroll.
- Features an XL dust cup to tackle big jobs.
- Lightweight and portable at only 2.8 lbs.
- Contains a washable filter for easy cleanup.
- CleanTouch dirt ejector for easy, hands-free debris disposal.
- Lithium-ion technology ensures reliable performance during each use.
- Comes with a crevice tool and scrubbing brush clean hard-to-reach places and remove stuck-on dirt.
The Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+ is the best vacuum for stairs with a handheld design that we’ve tested. This handheld vacuum’s cordless design lets you clean far from any electrical outlets, while its lightweight plastic construction allows you to clean long staircases with little effort.
This vacuum does a superb job cleaning bare, even surfaces, easily clearing pet hair and small or bulky debris. It also offers fantastic overall performance on low and high-pile carpet, and suction performance doesn’t drop noticeably as its dirt compartment fills. It’s also sturdily built and easy to maintain. It even has a turbo brush that has angled plastic fins to reduce the incidence of hair wraps.
Pros & Cons
- Cleans Hair, Dirt & Debris From High Traffic Areas
- Cleans unwanted messes from on top of, around and under furniture
- Vacuums Hair & Debris from Carpeted Stairs
- Anti- tangle rubber bristles motorized to lift stubborn pet hair
- Extra long crevice tool - Clean hard to reach areas with less effort
- Washable filter and pre-filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- 1 Touch easy empty- Empty without touching the dirt
- 2 Speeds - Powerboost mode for more power at touch of a button
- XL Dustbin - Pick up more, empty less. Charger - Jack Plug
- Battery indicator - Know how much battery is left to complete the task
If you’re looking for a handheld vacuum with a longer battery life, consider the Black+Decker dustbuster AdvancedClean+ Pet. This compact cordless vacuum struggles more with clearing fine debris on carpeted floors than the Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+. However, its maximum battery life of nearly half an hour is much longer.
It also does a fantastic job cleaning pet hair and small and bulky debris from bare surfaces. It features a built-in extension wand to clean debris in hard-to-reach areas, as well as a turbo brush attachment. Its dirt compartment is much larger, so it shouldn’t need emptying as often.
Pros & Cons
- Laser reveals microscopic dust The most powerful, intelligent cordless vacuum.
The Dyson V15 Detect is the best stick vacuum for stairs that we’ve tested. This vacuum is impressively portable, with a relatively lightweight plastic construction that makes it impressively easy to pick up and carry up and down a flight of stairs. Its cordless design allows you to clean large areas without worrying about staying close to an electrical outlet.
This vacuum delivers superb performance on a wide variety of surface types, ranging from bare floors to high-pile carpet. It’s easy to reconfigure into a handheld vacuum and comes with a broad assortment of tools and accessories, including a turbo brush, a crevice tool, and a slim vacuum head with a laser light to help you identify hard-to-see debris.
It provides roughly anywhere between 10 to over 70 minutes of runtime on a single charge, depending on the suction power setting and usage patterns, which should give you enough time to clean most staircases.
4.Miele Complete C3
Pros & Cons
- FilterBag volume - 4.5 litres
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- Wattage: 1200 watts
- Integrated accessories
The best canister vacuum that we’ve tested is the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine. This model delivers excellent performance across surface types, from bare floors to high-pile carpets. It’s corded and has a spacious dirt compartment, so you can tackle big areas without needing to empty it very often.
It has an allergen-trapping HEPA filter and has seven different suction power settings, so you can adapt it to whatever surface you’re cleaning. There are some accessories included, like an extension wand that increases your reach and a crevice tool for getting into narrow areas.
You can use it in a semi-handheld configuration with any of its tools and brushes, which is helpful when you’re cleaning areas like stairs. It’s very well-built and has LED lights on its handle to help you see shadowy corners.
Pros & Cons
- As Light as a Feather : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum weighs in at just 2.8 pounds, it’s so lightweight that it can reach everywhere in the house. Despite this light weight, it doesn’t skimp on power.
- 24,000 Pa Suction Power : Wyze Stick Vacuum Cleaner offers three suction levels: Eco, Medium, and Turbo. Turbo mode has the most suction power (24,000 Pa, or 150 air watts) for intensive spot cleaning, Medium mode balances suction power (15,000 Pa or 55 air watts) and battery life. Eco mode offers the longest battery life for big jobs (7,000 Pa, or 18 air watts).
- Easy to Use with Crystal-Clear Screen : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum is easy to set up and use. You just unbox the unit and its accessories, then plug it in and wait for it to charge. While charging, the screen shows the current battery percentage level .No more guess game about the battery life, power mode, and vacuum performance.
- Two Motors Good for Pet Hairs : We added another motor with 9,500 RPM of power in the brush head because we’re as serious about cleaning as you are about picking up every strand of Fido’s majestic mane.
- Long-lasting, Interchangeable batteries : In ECO mode, enjoy up to 50 minutes of fade-free power that lasts until the job is done. Add an additional battery pack for a total of 100 minutes of run time.
The best budget vacuum for stairs that we’ve tested is the Wyze Cordless Vacuum. This budget-friendly stick vacuum is very lightweight, making it easy to carry up and down flights of stairs. Its cordless design also means you don’t need to worry about tripping over a power cord while vacuuming. It should offer sufficient battery life for vacuuming large staircases, as depending on your choice of settings and attachments, it should offer roughly anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour of continuous runtime.
This vacuum can be easily reconfigured into a handheld vacuum to deal with messes in tight spots. It comes with a combination upholstery tool/soft-bristle dusting brush as well as a crevice tool. It does a fantastic job cleaning debris on high-pile carpeted surfaces and cleans an impressive amount of debris on low-pile carpets. Its performance on bare surfaces is also very good overall, though it’s worth noting that very bulky debris can clog the entry to its dustbin.
6.Eureka Mighty Mite
Pros & Cons
- Dust cup capacity - 2.5 liters. Ideal for quick and efficient cleaning
- Convenient for home and auto
- Includes blower port
- Lightweight 10 amp canister vacuum safely and completely cleans bare-floor surfaces
- Power-touch handles with easy-to-use fingertip controls; Deluxe floor brush; Bare-floor nozzle
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly vacuum for vacuuming stairs but don’t want to worry about battery life or recharge times, consider the Eureka Mighty Mite. This corded canister vacuum doesn’t have the go-anywhere range of the Wyze Cordless Vacuum, but you can run it for as long as you want without having to worry about running out of charge, which is good for long cleaning sessions.
Its lightweight construction allows you to pick it up quite easily, and its compact canister body is small enough to set down on a stair step if you don’t feel like carrying it. It delivers superb performance on bare surfaces and clears an impressive amount of debris on low-pile carpet, though it struggles a bit more with sucking up larger debris on high-pile carpet.
7.Dyson Cyclone V10
Pros & Cons
- Powerful suction to deep clean everywhere. 55% more suction than the Dyson V7.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- 3 Cleaning modes. For the right power where you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Actual run time will vary based on power mode and/or attachments used..Torque drive cleaner head. Drives bristles deep into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt..Advanced whole-machine filtration. Traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns..4 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces..Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery.14-cyclone concentric array. Cyclones generate centrifugal forces up to 79,000 grams trapping fine dust and dirt in the bin, so your vacuum never loses suction.
Dyson’s patented cyclone technology goes to work with this cordless stick vacuum to keep your home clean while you enjoy the ease of a lightweight, cordless model.
Charge the battery for 3.5 hours before first use; keep it charged for 60 minutes of run time with no motorized tools, 40 minutes of use with the soft roller cleaner head, and 20 minutes with the more powerful torque drive cleaner head for carpets.
The instant-release trigger cuts battery power the moment you stop using the machine, conserving energy.
Best Small Vacuum for Stairs – Vacuuming stairs regularly will help them look good while extending the lifespan of carpeting and runners. Between risers, treads, and stair noses, plenty of dust and debris gets caught in this high-traffic thoroughfare.
Fortunately, some vacuums are better than others when it comes to getting the job done safely and easily.