Best Stick Vacuum for Tile Floors – Tile floors can be a surprisingly tricky kind of surface for vacuums to clean. Debris can get trapped in the various crevices between tiles, so a vacuum with sufficient suction power is a must.
Of course, overall performance isn’t the only factor to consider. Attachments for cleaning shelves and countertops can also be helpful, while a design that’s easy to maintain and incurs low recurring costs also factors into our considerations.
1.Miele Complete C3
Pros & Cons
- FilterBag volume - 4.5 litres
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- Wattage: 1200 watts
- Integrated accessories
The best vacuum for tile floors we’ve tested is the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine. This corded canister model provides outstanding performance on bare floors, where it clears a wide variety of debris with ease, ranging from pet hair to cereal. Suction performance remains consistent as its generously sized dirtbag fills up, which is great if you’re dealing with large messes. Its HEPA filter is a handy feature if you own a heavily shedding pet, as it traps allergens as you clean.
It features a high-grade plastic body and feels very well-made. It’s also easy to maintain, with few parts that require regular maintenance or cleaning.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: For everyday messes and high-traffic areas.
- UP TO 40 MINUTES OF RUNTIME: Removable battery with up to 40 minutes of runtime, measured at the hand vacuum in standard mode.
- POWERFINS BRUSHROLL: Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets and directly engage floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- HEPA FILTRATION AND ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Captures and traps dust, allergens, dander, and more, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
- REMOVABLE HAND VACUUM: Transforms to a hand vacuum for lightweight above-floor cleaning.
- XL DUST CUP: Removable dust cup with CleanTouch Dirt Ejector.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Illuminate hidden debris around the home.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool & Pet Multi-tool.
If you’re looking for a cordless option, the best vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested is the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This stick/handheld vacuum performs exceptionally well on bare surfaces like tile floors, easily clearing pet hair and small or bulky debris. Its floorhead has a brushroll with angled plastic fibers meant to reduce the incidence of hair wraps. It also has a HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean.
You can quickly reconfigure this vacuum into a handheld vacuum for spot-cleaning tight areas. Its lightweight construction and pivoting floorhead make it easy to maneuver, even in tight spaces. You can increase its suction power by pulling the trigger on its carrying handle, though be aware that running it continuously in its ‘MAX’ suction power mode decreases its battery life from a maximum of 40 minutes to a little over 10 minutes.
3.Miele Triflex HX1
Pros & Cons
- Miele’s unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable cleaning in all areas - floors, furniture and hard to reach spots (e.g. ceilings).
- As strong as Miele’s most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect cleaning results on all floors.
- Exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion battery for up to 60 minutes run-time.
- Extra-wide electrobrush Multi Floor XXL (11") with automatic floor detection. For effortless and quick cleaning of all surfaces.
- Maintenance-free Hygiene Lifetime Filter with >99,9% dust retention capacity.
If you’d prefer a cordless vacuum that’s a little easier to maintain, check out the Miele Triflex HX1. Its max battery life is shorter than that of the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H, and it takes longer to recharge, but it has fewer parts that need regular maintenance.
It performs incredibly well on bare floors, and its 3-in-1 design lets you reconfigure it as an upright vacuum, a stick vacuum, or a handheld vacuum, so it’s highly versatile and maneuverable. That said, it has a smaller dirt compartment, which may be a hassle if you have a large space to clean since it requires more frequent emptying.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Perfect for quick pickups
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR Battery
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easy to use and to store
- ON-BOARD CREVICE TOOL: Tackles dirt in hard-to-reach areas
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Cordless Hand Vacuum, ONPWR 2. 0 Ah Battery, Charger, On-Board Crevice Tool, Rinsable Filter
The best handheld vacuum for tile floors we’ve tested is the Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Hand Vacuum. This compact cordless vacuum delivers superb performance on flat, even surfaces like tile floors. Its dustbin is also relatively large and consequently shouldn’t need emptying very often. Since it’s made of clear plastic, you can also tell how full it is at a glance.
This vacuum’s lightweight construction makes it easy to pick up and carry. While its battery life of roughly 15 minutes isn’t especially long, its removable battery does charge in under 80 minutes, which is relatively fast. It also feels decently well-built, doesn’t have that many parts that need regular cleaning, and incurs low recurring costs since only its primary filter needs periodic replacing.
5.iRobot Roomba 981
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Power-Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance. Automatically increases suction to clean deep into carpets with Power Boost Technology.
- IT WON'T STOP TILL THE JOB IS DONE - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt and technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- NAVIGATES IN NEAT ROWS - Purposefully and logically cleans in neat rows and uses floor tracking sensors to navigate your home.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link, when the Roomba 981 finishes vacuuming, it automatically tells Braava jet m6 to start mopping.
- PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF - Doesn’t skip a beat, or a mess. When its running low on battery it recharges and resumes, ensuring a complete clean.
- iRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers.
The iRobot Roomba 981 is the best robot vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested. This robot vacuum delivers outstanding performance on bare surfaces like tile floors, easily sucking up pet hair as well as small and large debris. Suction performance also remains consistent as its dustbin fills up, so it shouldn’t need emptying too often.
This vacuum does an excellent job of maneuvering itself, as it cleans in an organized pattern and easily maneuvers around different obstacles. Its surface detection feature enables it to automatically change its suction power depending on the floor type that it’s on.
Pros & Cons
- Innovative Multi-Surface Vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes 3 settings: Carpet, Upholstery and Hard Floors
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver: Vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 Integrated Crevice Tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-To-Use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a 1 button release for easy dust cup emptying
- Capacity: 3 Liters
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
The best vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested in the budget category is the Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister. This compact canister vacuum does a fantastic job of sucking up pet hair as well as small and bulky debris on bare surfaces like tile floors. Suction performance remains consistent even as its decently large dustbin fills up.
This vacuum’s floorhead has bristles you can extend or retract, which is useful if you want to clean any small area rugs. Its bagless design and washable filters keep recurring costs to a minimum. Its compact size allows you to maneuver it fairly easily in tight spaces, while its lightweight plastic construction lets you pick it up and carry it without causing too much fatigue.
Pros & Cons
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- High torque cleaner head. Automatically adapts suction and power to deep clean different floor types without changing cleaner heads.
- Advanced whole-machine filtration. Advanced whole-machine filtration traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 5 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces.
- Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery
- Included: Torque drive head, mini-motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger
The Dyson V11 is the best cordless vacuum for tile floors, as it boasts a stick vacuum design and a powerful battery that can last for over an hour of operation on a single charge.
We loved the cleaner head, which boasts integrated sensors that automatically adjusts speed and power depending on the floor type you are cleaning, and the advanced whole-machine filtration system, which traps 99.99% of particles, dust, and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
Best Stick Vacuum for Tile Floors – Love it or hate it, vacuuming is a chore that needs to be done at least once a week, especially on hard surfaces like tile floors that highlight dust, debris, and pet hair. Investing in the right tool will make the job easier and more enjoyable—or, at the very least, tolerable.
The most effective vacuums are powerful enough to make you feel like you barely have to put any work in. We’re talking equipment with super-strong suction, multiple attachments, smartphone apps that let you set and forget, and fancy features like automatically emptying the dust cup after every run.