Best Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Cleaning your house isn’t always the most exciting thing on your to-do list—and when you have a big, bulky vacuum, it makes chores even less desirable. If this is a typical scenario in your household, you might want to invest in a canister vacuum.
Unlike the more popular upright vacuums, canister vacuums are often lighter and easier to maneuver, as the wheeled unit glides behind you as you work.
Pros & Cons
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently with multiple attachment tools and swivel head
- PET POWERMATE: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, dander and dirt quickly from surfaces. Unique design eliminates hair from tangling around the brush
- ULTRA PLUSH NOZZLE: Powerful airflow for a deeper clean. Pile height adjustment is manual
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- ENHANCED FEATURES: 2-motor system excels in suction strength. Exclusive Stair Grip enables unit to rest on staircase
- TELESCOPING ALUMINUM WAND: Adjustable wand is lightweight and lengthens to extended reach of 10'. Detachable handle is perfect for thoroughly cleaning furniture, car interior, and tight spaces
- STORAGE: At 22 lbs the compact, lightweight design is easy to maneuver. 26' cord is retractable and all accessories and attachments fit neatly within the vacuum making it easy to store
In order to be named the best canister vacuum cleaner, a vacuum can’t sit out on any of the major features it’s expected to have—and it should boast a few bells and whistles that will convince you to choose it over more budget-conscious options.
The Kenmore Elite 81714 Pet Friendly Canister Vacuum is that vacuum—one that flies under the radar and then pops up to impress with features like a two-motor system that gives it exceptional suction strength, an adjustable telescoping wand that can reach and clean up to 10 feet, and a 26-foot cord that offers freedom of movement as you clean and is retractable with the push of a button.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful variable suction gets the dirt low and high and is great for bare floors, rugs and above-floor cleaning
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch
- Automatic cord Rewind for quick cord storage with the push of a button
- Easy-to-remove dust bag without the mess or hassle of emptying a Bagless vacuum
- Complete with dust bag and pre-motor and Post-Motor filters to help capture more Fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- Hose Length: 6'
The pursuit of a cleaner home doesn’t have to break the bank. There are a number of double-digit vacuums out there, but the BISSELL Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum stands out for its affordable price tag and plenty of features that don’t force you to compromise on quality.
Weighing less than 8 pounds, this bagless vacuum can collect up to 2.5 liters of dirt, dust, and debris.
3.Miele Compact C2
Pros & Cons
- Bundles Includes - Miele's AH50 FJM Performance Pack - Comes With 16 Genuine Miele FJM Airclean FilterBags, 1 Genuine Miele HEPA Air Clean Filter AH-50 and 4 Pre-Motor Protection Filters
- The Miele Compact C2 Electro+ has a 20-Year Average Life-Span - Extremely Lightweight and Powerful - Only 10 lbs!
- Comes with Miele SEB 228 Powerhead - Electrically Driven Carpet Tool with an Extra Wide Brush Roll lets you Adjust Height Based on the Pile of the Carpet and is Perfect for Deep Cleaning Medium to High Pile Carpet
- Comes with Miele SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush Perfect for Bare Floors - Variable Speed Control - 6 Different Speeds allowing Perfect Suction for Drape, Rugs, Bare Floors and More!
- Extremely Maneuverable - Crush-Proof Ergonomic Hose - Stainless-Steel Telescopic Wands - Comes With Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush + Upholstery Tool
If you’re ready to take the leap and splurge on an incredible canister vacuum cleaner that stands the test of time, it doesn’t get better than the Miele Compact C2 Electro+. This is the vacuum that checks the boxes for nearly every important vacuum feature—and can be trusted to do an incredible job of gently cleaning hard floors and deep cleaning carpets.
Weighing almost 19 pounds, this powerful vacuum delivers 1,200 watts of suction power and features two different brush types: Use the soft parquet brush to clean hard floors without scratching surfaces and swap it for the electrobrush when you need to get every last stray hair out of your carpet.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful & Bagless - This vacuum is equipped with 1200 watts that uses non-stop suction to deep clean surfaces in one pass. Its bagless design comes with a translucent dust compartment with LED light alert when the dust container and filters are full.
- Advanced Multi-level Filtration - Say goodbye to dirt! The high efficiency particulate air filtration system removes 99.9% of dust and debris such as hair, clothing fibers, bits of dead bugs, pollen, and etc. It can collect particles that are 300x smaller than a hair.
- Packed with Attachments - It comes with premium attachments for cleaning various surfaces: floor brush, combination crevice nozzle/bristle brush, and telescopic metal wand.
- Convenient - This vacuum comes with a step button to turn on/off, automatic cable rewinder, 360° hose swivel, and telescopic wand that will help you get to hard-to-reach areas.
- US-based Customer Service lets you buy with confidence. Ovente warranties that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions, for 1 year from the original purchase date.
Two of the greatest things about investing in a bagless canister vacuum cleaner are knowing that you won’t need to spend another dime on replacement bags and not having to come into close contact with dirt and dust. The Ovente Bagless Canister Vacuum is all about making your life as easy as possible.
Its translucent filter and dust container effortlessly lifts up from the canister by a handle and is emptied from the bottom, straight into your garbage. Rinse the filter, replace it, and keep on using your vacuum until a convenient LED light alerts you when the dust container and filter are full.
Pros & Cons
- Capacity (volume) - .42 gallon. The vacuum that doesn't lose suction - 36 Dyson Cinetic tips separate the microscopic dust that clogs other vacuums
- No dirty filters to wash or replace - dust separation in vacuums containing Dyson Cinetic science is so efficient that, unlike with other vacuums, there's no need to wash or replace a filter. And with no bags to buy, there are no Hidden costs
- Self-rights when toppled - other vacuums fall down and stay down. Only Dyson big Ball canister vacuums pick themselves up
- HYGIENIC dirt ejector - Drives Out trapped dust and debris as you empty. No need to touch the dirt. Check machine for blockages, if the machine does not perform well
- Carbon fiber turbine head - carbon fiber filaments pick up Fine dust. Stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt. The articulating handle and wand rotates in three directions allowing 360 degree articulation for greater control. And with a total reach of 35 feet you can clean here, there and everywhere
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the most powerful vacuums on the market—and one that has gained a reputation for having such forceful suction it can make carpets look brand new, even if you own several dogs that are constantly shedding.
Pet owners know the importance of keeping floors, carpet, and their pet areas clean and free of fur and hair.
Pros & Cons
- VERSATILE USE: Vacuuming has never been easier. Perfect for cleaning on hard floors and carpet, as well as above floor cleaning with the included tools, the BB1200’s powerful bagged performance keeps dirt from escaping back into the air.
- HEPA FILTRATION: The vacuum uses a HEPA inner bag combined with an AirClean filter, capturing at least 99. 97% of particles at 0. 3 microns from the air, including pollen, house dirt, smoke, pet dander and spores.
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Weighing less than 5. 5 pounds, the BB1200 Vacuum is easy to carry or wear over your shoulder with its adjustable strap for easy maneuverability. It also features a 20- foot power cord that wraps around the bottom to stay out of your way.
- DOUBLES AS A BLOWER: With a switch of the hose, you can go from vacuuming dirt to blowing away dirt particles in your garage, home or work space to ensure you efficiently clean every nook and cranny in any location.
- INCLUDED TOOLS: With a flexible hose, telescopic extension wand and on-board tools, you can conveniently clean objects above the floor. Vacuum hard-to-reach areas, cracks, crevices, upholstery, ceiling fans and more with ease.
And, once cleanup begins, this model proves it’s far more than meets the eye: Its combination of suction and versatile attachments (including a crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, and extension wand) allows it to eliminate dirt and dust throughout a room, from ceiling fans to furniture to baseboards to carpet.
The HEPA bagged filtration prevents any of that dust from getting out once it’s in and seals upon disposal.
Pros & Cons
- PORTABLE: Lightweight, 2.5-gallon wet dry vac offers unparalleled mobility
- IDEAL FOR SMALL MESSES: Perfect for the home, garage, cars, trucks and vans
- EASY TO STORE: Compact size, carry handle and cord wrap feature allow for easy storage
- TWO-IN-ONE CAPABILITY: Shop vacuum can be used as a blower for added versatility
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 1-1/4 in. x 5 ft. Friction Fit Hose, Crevice Tool, Utility Nozzle, Filter Bag
Sometimes, a mess is so, well, messy that a regular vacuum just won’t get the job done. When you’re dealing with broken glass, a flooded basement, or dust and debris from a renovation, you’re better off opting for a wet/dry canister vacuum, like this tough (but affordable) model from Craftsman.
With a 6-gallon collection tank, it’s spacious enough to tackle major household cleanups, but its swiveling wheels and overall light weight (15 pounds) prevent it from being unwieldy.
Best Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner – The downside is that canister vacuums are often better suited for hard floors and often don’t boast the power needed to clean high pile rugs. So, if you have wall-to-wall carpet, you might want to try an upright vacuum.
Other things to consider when buying a canister vacuum are if you have allergies or pets. If so, you’ll want a model with a HEPA filter and a sealed air filtration system as well as specialized attachments.