Best Suction Car Vacuum – While you could use a house vacuum to remove the grit from your car’s interior, that isn’t very practical. The best car vacuum is easy to handle in tight spaces and able to remove the mud, crumbs, and dog hair that accumulate on your floor mats and upholstery.
In this article, we recommend several vacuums of different sizes and power levels – from heavy-duty plug-ins to handheld 12-volt vacuums. Each type of vacuum has useful features and a few drawbacks, but the best option for you depends on your needs and budget.
Pros & Cons
- 【STRONG SUCTION & LARGE CAPACITY】Durable 8-gallon collection tank keeps long cleaning time of using. It features a 4 HP motor to provide maximum power for heavy-duty pickup. Finish your cleanup job easier and faster
- 【BLOWER FUNCTION & OVERSIZED DRAIN】Rear blowing port on this wet dry vac allows for quick cleaning of leaves and grass clippings in your garage and outdoors. Built-in oversized drain allows for convenient emptying of liquids
- 【MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES】Multiple accessories make cleaning the dirt of different scenarios a breeze. They're versatile enough to handle just about any task. Ideal for wet and dry pick-ups for your home, garage, upholster and laundry rooms
- 【OVER 17 FEET CLEANING RAGE】10 feet power cord, 7 feet safety cleaning hose for over 16 feet cleaning range, reaching wider area to help clean with 4 swiveling casters
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1 x wet/dry vacuum, 1 x 1-7/8" X 7' flexible hose, 2 x extension wands, 1 x cartridge filter, 1 x disposable dust bag, 1 x floor nozzle, 1 x utility nozzle, 1 x crevice nozzle,1 x accessory bag
The Dewalt DXV08S isn’t designed exclusively for car use, so the extra accessories noted above make sense. The vacuum includes more attachments than you would expect from a smaller, handheld vacuum. It also comes with a vacuum bag.
What is notably not included is a foam filter – a circular foam fitting that needs to be placed around the vacuum’s paper filter before it can be used for wet vacuuming. You can buy such a filter for around $10, but it seems like an accessory that should be included with the product.
Pros & Cons
- 2 gal
- 45 CFM [Max]
- 3.0 ft
- 32.0 inH2O [Max]
The Milwaukee 0880-20 includes a crevice nozzle, wide nozzle, and flexible vacuum tube. Noticeably absent from the box is the required 18V battery and battery charger, which together can set you back nearly $70, increasing the total cost of the vacuum. You can purchase a more powerful plug-in model for that price, but you would be hard-pressed to find a vacuum with similar power and portability.
If you already own Milwaukee tools, the Milwaukee 18V battery is compatible across Milwaukee products.
Pros & Cons
- 5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 5. 5 Peak HP High Efficiency Motor
- Integrated Hose Storage
- 18' Cord with Cord Storage
- Easily Converts to Blower
The Vacmaster Beast was the most powerful vacuum we tested. The suction power is second to none, and the vacuum comes with all the bells and whistles. The extra long power cord made the vacuum easy to maneuver around the car, and it was the best for picking up embedded dog hair.
The size of the vacuum makes it a little unwieldy, and it may not be the best choice if you are looking for something that is easy to store. The included accessories bag doesn’t fit all the attachments. If you only need a basic car vacuum for small messes, it is best to look for something smaller and cheaper.
4.THISWORX Car Vacuum
Pros & Cons
- PRACTICAL: A mini vacuum for car or truck that is compact, lightweight (2.4 lbs), and easy to use. Equipped with a HEPA filter, this small dustbuster is ready for ash, dust, or drive-thru food spills. A fully loaded interior car detailing kit housed in an ergonomic design.
- POWERFUL: This hand held vacuum is made for on-the-go use and solving out-of-reach problems. A very sandy day at the beach? A coat of dog hair? The portable vacuum cleaner for car is designed to solve problems.
- STRONG SUCTION: The cyclonic force and strong suction of the 106w motor on these handheld vacuums will terminate any dirt, debris, or hard-to-reach crumbs. Our mini car vacuum even has a top of the line washable filter.
- CAR CLEANING KIT: Includes 3 attachments for detailing (flathead, extendable, or brush nozzle), carry bag, filter brush, and spare HEPA filter. Must-have car accessories for women or men; these gadgets will keep the interior cute and tidy.
- CONVENIENT: Is the battery always dying when you need a car vac? These truck accessories for men & women use the 12v aux outlet. The 16-foot cord gives the slack needed to clean the back seat or trunk without a snag. Also great for cleaning boats with a 12V cigarette lighter port or are within the 16ft cord range.
Suction power is certainly where the ThisWorx 12V vacuum performs the weakest. Again, it is strong enough to pick up glitter and crumbs but is not suitable for embedded pet hair. One Amazon reviewer said that they used it to vacuum up pet fur, but it performed that task inadequately during our tests.
For this reason, we don’t recommend the ThisWorx 12V for deep cleans, though it is a handy tool to have in your car for a quick clean.
Pros & Cons
- CORDLESS, PORTABLE, & ULTRA COMPACT - 20V MAX Lithium Hand Vac with Pet Brush.
- FOUR FOOT FLEXIBLE HOSE - Clean floor to ceiling
- WASHABLE BOWL AND FILTER - Easy-to-clean 17 oz. capacity dirt bowl.Suction power:24 AW
- QUICK CHARGING - Charging station and base keeps the unit charged and accessories organized.
- PET BRUSH - Clean stubborn pet hair from carpets, stairs, and other upholstery.
Like the ThisWorx 12V, the Black+Decker Flex doesn’t have much suction power. But what it lacks in suction, this vacuum makes up for in portability and convenience. We found that it was able to pick up small crumbs and glitter, but not embedded pet hair.
The small nozzle size and lack of larger attachments mean it isn’t the best choice for detailing your vehicle, but it is handy for small spills. There is no battery that requires charging, which is also a plus.
Pros & Cons
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
- Note: It is a 1-1/4” diameter hose which will make it difficult to pick up leaves or other larger debris.
Car messes are made of more than dust, dirt and crumbs — sometimes there are also spills and “accidents,” and for those moments, you’ll need a wet vac. It’s even better if you can find a portable wet/dry vacuum to clean all sorts of messes, and that’s where the Armor All AA255 comes in.
The Armor All AA255 may resemble a shop vac, but it’s specifically designed for cleaning your car interior, with a nozzle and several crevice tool options custom made for getting into nooks and crannies. This car vac also converts to a blower, allowing it to easily provide air flow to remove debris that gathers on the outside of a car, like leaves or dirt.
7.HOTOR Car Vacuum
Pros & Cons
- STRONG SUCTION & LONG POWER CORD: HOTOR small vacuum cleaner is equipped with a powerful motor, efficiently providing strong suction for your daily car cleaning! The lengthened power cord of this car gadget is up to 16.4 inches, which enables you to clean the whole car without worrying about unexpected interruptions caused by the limited length of a power cord. Just get a HOTOR vacuum cleaner to make your day!
- DOUBLE FILTRATION SYSTEM: HOTOR portable vacuum cleaner does an excellent job on both improving suction and reducing the cleaning load. The exterior nylon wrap effectively keeps larger particles out of the HEPA filter. And the interior HEPA filter excellently prevents smaller particles from getting into the motor, thus reducing the suction wastage. The double filtration system practically saves your time from tedious cleaning task.
- WELL-EQUIPPED ATTACHMENTS: HOTOR car vacuum cleaner is attached with a crevice nozzle for hard-to-reach gaps and a dusting brush for suede surfaces such as carpets, mattresses, curtains, sofas, and beds. It also comes with an extension hose for easier operation. What's more, this product includes a storage bag, making sure all the parts are neatly organized wherever you go. All these attachments make it a functional car accessory to meticulously meet your diverse cleaning needs!
- WIDE APPLICATIONS: HOTOR car cleaner handles your daily cleaning work with its powerful motor and special cleaning tools. Just plug the vacuum cleaner in the cigarette lighter socket and turn it on, then you can cope with hair, snacks, sand, small rocks, dust particles and cigarette ashes with ease. HOTOR vacuum cleaner keeps your car pleasantly clean anytime anywhere. No more worries about diffused dust or annoying mess in your car.
- BRIGHT LED LIGHT: HOTOR portable vacuum cleaner for cars features a bright LED light, which can help to locate messes and dust particles in hard-to-see places and get them more efficiently cleared. The bright LED light can also clearly show the cleanliness of these places even at night, competently improving the cleaning efficiency and saving your precious time. HOTOR portable vacuum cleaner gets tiresome dirt and messes nowhere to hide!
The Dustbuster-style Hotor car vacuum is a model of efficiency. At only 2.44 pounds, the Hotor is one of the lightest options available, which makes maneuvering in a car’s interior or cleaning for extended periods easier. The long power cord (16.4 feet) also gives you less to worry about during a car wash.
One thing to note about the Hotor — the description on the Sears website notes that the vacuum has trouble picking up debris such as pet hair. If you have a pet that regularly rides in your car, it may be a good idea to consider a different car vacuum.
Best Suction Car Vacuum – Do you still bother to vacuum your car? Then we salute you, and we have the best car vacuum for the job. The best car cleaners suck dust and debris from your car’s interior like a champ: some plug into a 12V socket, others are gloriously cordless, but either way, they’ll bust dust and dirt fantastically.
As a nation, we’ve become a bunch of lazy slobs willing to hand over excessive amounts of cash in order for someone else to carry out what was once a fine Sunday ritual. Where’s the commitment? Where’s the pride? Where’s the feeling of satisfaction from knowing every single dog hair has been removed from the back seats?