Best Upright Vacuum for Bare Floors – While upright vacuums are designed to primarily excel in cleaning large spaces, they can be versatile tools in any household. They’re easy to use, and their distinct, bulky shape generally allows for a bigger dirt compartment, which can be beneficial if you have a big mess to clean.
They’re also quite good for cleaning up carpet as they can clear most pet hair and debris without too much of a problem. However, upright vacuums can be heavier than stick or canister models, making them a bit less portable and maneuverable, particularly on stairs or on other, more narrow areas.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface type: Counter tops, sealed hard floors, low pile carpet. Dirt cup capacity: 0.67 liter
You don’t need to pay a fortune to get a stick vacuum cleaner that performs well. And this Bissell model is one of the best cordless vacuums for hardwood floors if you’re on a budget.
It’s lightweight and easy to move across all kinds of hard floors. It can even tackle area rugs if you’ve got some dotted around.
Pros & Cons
- GERMAN ENGINEERED: Bagged canister vacuum cleaner ideal for homes with hard floors and low pile carpeting
- STRONG SUCTION POWER: Switch between 6 suction power settings specific to the surface being cleaned
- MAXIMUM MANEUVERABILITY: Vacuum easily around and underneath furniture, or use the clipped on accessories to clean upholstery or hard to reach places
- AIRCLEAN SYSTEM: Miele's unique 3-tiered filtration system consists of a genuine Miele FilterBag, Motor Protection Filter and AirClean Exhaust Filter. The room air is cleaner after vacuuming than before
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SBD 365-3 Combination Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool and Upholstery Tool
Every home needs a vacuum to handle the dirt and mess of everyday life. Especially on hardwood floors. And this super effective Miele canister vacuum does exactly that.
With a range of suction power settings, there’s something to suit every kind of hardwood flooring. From laminate to more delicate surfaces, just click the dial to select the cleaning power you need.
Pros & Cons
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- High torque cleaner head. Automatically adapts suction and power to deep clean different floor types without changing cleaner heads.
- Advanced whole-machine filtration. Advanced whole-machine filtration traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 5 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces.
- Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery
- Included: Torque drive head, mini-motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger
Cordless vacuums are convenient to grab for quick cleaning. And this cordless stick vacuum cleaner from Dyson brings a whole load of power to the party.
It’s ideal for sucking fine dust out from the gaps in between hardwood floorboards. But it picks up larger pieces without any problems, too.
And it can handle any kind of wood floor in your home with ease thanks to the floorhead automatically adjusting the suction to suit the surface type. So you can glide across bare floors and onto thick carpet without having to make any changes at all.
Pros & Cons
- EASY TO USE: Lightweight & compact design for efficient cleaning and storage Plastic handle material
- POWERFUL CLEANING: Good for pet messes, high traffic areas, and small spaces
- FASTER DRYING: HeatForce for faster drying so you can get back on your carpets quickly
- 2X MORE CLEANING POWER: Than the competitive lightweight carpet cleaner
- BONUS TOOL & CLEANING SOLUTION INCLUDED: Comes with a Hoover Nozzle Cleanout Tool and a Hoover Trial Size Solution to help enhance your cleaning performance
The swivel steering means you can nip around objects with a flick of your wrist. And you can even take the bulky canister section off to lie the vacuum flat and get under furniture.
The vacuum cleaner automatically changes the brush roll speed to suit the floor you’re cleaning. So you can move from one surface to another without needing to stop and adjust the settings.
Pros & Cons
Robot vacuums are the ultimate way to clean your hardwood floors without lifting a finger. And this Roomba is packed with features to make life even easier.
It has Wi-Fi connectivity and works with Alexa/Google, so you can set up a schedule and leave the vacuum to do its thing. Or use the voice controls to get it running when a spill happens.
Pros & Cons
- For hard floors; Sucks up fine dust and large debris simultaneously
- Does not fit V6 Motorhead models; Does not FIT V7, V8, V10 or V11 Models
- Item has two lines on plastic that looks like it is cracked; Please be aware this is actually plastic reinforcement and is on every Fluffy attachment head
- Package Dimensions: 12.6 inch L x 11.2 inch W x 4 inch H
Dragging a bulky vacuum around a busy wooden room is a nightmare. And that’s why the Dyson Omni-glide is the ideal cleaning solution if you’re tight on space.
The narrow floorhead fits into gaps as compact as 8.15 inches, so it’s great for getting around furniture and hard-to-reach areas in a small apartment. And it swivels in all directions, so you can clean bare floors with any movement you like.
Pros & Cons
- 2 in 1 design for cleaning floors and a dustbuster for cleaning above the floors
- On-board accessory storage so they're always ready
- Folding handles for compact storage
- LED lights for illuminating the cleaning path
- Easy to detach beater bar to keep the beater bar clean and free of hair for top performance
You can detach the portable canister when you need above-floor cleaning. It’s lightweight and has a flexible hose, making it painless to get into all the awkward nooks and crannies.
And if you’re always cleaning up after your furry friends, there’s a dust compactor to squeeze all the debris to the bottom. So you can pick up more pet hair and dander without needing to stop and empty it.
Best Upright Vacuum for Bare Floors – The best vacuum for wood floors should be fairly maneuverable, configurable, and come with at least a few attachments to help you clean underneath, around, or on top of furniture and shelving.
A retractable bristle brush is a nice bonus to keep you from scratching up your floor.