Best Vacuum Cleaner for Apartments – If you live in an apartment, you’re aware of some of the considerations you need to make when choosing a vacuum. Space is at a premium, so having an appliance that’s maneuverable and easy to store is crucial.
Cleaning performance is important since you may need to deal with various kinds of messes. Of course, those aren’t the only criteria when selecting a vacuum for this environment. Affordability can also be a concern, but today’s product landscape offers no shortage of budget-friendly options that sacrifice little in terms of features or capability.
1.BISSELL Zing Lightweight
This small, lightweight canister vacuum cleaner weighs just 7.5 pounds and features powerful cyclonic suction that cleans both hard floors and carpets in one pass. It has a washable filter and no bags to change, ever, and a 15-foot cord that makes it a snap to carry from room to room. Thanks to its handle and compact design, it’s even light enough to use on stairways.
“I live in a small apartment in nyc with two roommates and two cats. Both my roommates are allergic to the cats. This vacuum does an awesome job picking up hair off my couch and helps me keep the dust and [dander] under control. The attachments are great for reaching high spaces, too. We’ve got hardwood floors and the headpiece does a pretty good job of sucking up dirt.”
Pros & Cons
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever.Amperage : 9 amps
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power rating : 9 ampere
- Dirt cup filters and post motor filter help capture more fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle
Featuring motorized rubber bristles that help lift stubborn fur, the cordless Furbuster vacuum is ideal for cleaning up after your pets. It also features an extra-long crevice tool to reach hard-to-clean areas and offers two speeds, plus a Powerboost mode for extra suction. The vacuum is great for cleaning furniture and upholstery, and it has a large, easy-to-empty dust bin.
“This is the perfect pet vac to get my cats hair off of everything! I have a lot of dark colors and he has white fur. I pull it out anytime his hair is on the furniture and it gets all of it (and likely the dander) in one go.”
Pros & Cons
- Cleans Hair, Dirt & Debris From High Traffic Areas.Voltage 20 Volts
- Cleans unwanted messes from on top of, around and under furniture
- Vacuums Hair & Debris from Carpeted Stairs
- Anti- tangle rubber bristles motorized to lift stubborn pet hair
- Extra long crevice tool - Clean hard to reach areas with less effort
- Washable filter and pre-filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- 1 Touch easy empty- Empty without touching the dirt
- 2 Speeds - Powerboost mode for more power at touch of a button
- XL Dustbin - Pick up more, empty less. Charger - Jack Plug
- Battery indicator - Know how much battery is left to complete the task
3.Shark Navigator Nv351
Beautiful vacuum. I have cheap, dense carpet in my apartment and I vacuumed with my Dirt Devil the day before using this Shark for the first time. It picked up an email entire canister of grime! Definitely read the instructions because I acccidentally vacuumed my carpet on the bare floor setting, and was wondering what happened.
The canister detaches and dumps out easily. I wish the attachments had a place on the actual vacuum body but oh well. It maneuvers around corners fine. It’s lightweight and just about full after vacuuming a (dirty) large bedroom and smallish living room.
Pros & Cons
- UPRIGHT AND CANISTER VACUUM: Lift Away Technology with a press of a button, lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas2-IN-1
- VACUUM CLEANER: Works for both deep carpet cleaning and gentle bare hardwood floor cleaning
- ANTI-ALLERGEN: Washable HEPA and 2 foam filters trap 99.9 percent of dust and allergens
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDES: Pet Power Brush
- This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned by Amazon-qualified suppliers. - There will be no visible cosmetic imperfections when held at an arm’s length. - Products with batteries will exceed 80% capacity relative to new. - Accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional. Product may come in generic box.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
You can use this stick vacuum for all your needs, from carpets to car interiors. It’s got a 220-watt motor and will last you for 30 minutes a run. You can boost it to MAX mode for extra power with the push of a button.
This model only weighs 6.5 pounds. Assembly is quick and easy, and it converts into a handheld vacuum. The dust cup has a release button, and there’s a washable anti-allergen filter for easy maintenance.
Two other included accessories are a crevice tool and a 2-in-1 upholstery tool. The value for money you get with this model is excellent.
Pros & Cons
- 220W Powerful Suction: Powered by the latest digital motor technology, the generated suction power will meet all your cleaning needs, from car detailing to deep carpet cleaning
- 30 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Enjoy up to 30 minutes of fade-free runtime in normal suction mode. Easily switch to MAX power with the press of a button
- Grab & Go: The cordless design makes the Hyper Clean, easy to use and perfect for daily cleaning. Assembly is a breeze – simply snap a together a few pieces and you’re off and ready
- Lightweight: At only 6.5 pounds, you can easily use this stick vacuum throughout your whole home, both to clean your floors and to reach high into corners
- Easy-to-Empty: No need to touch the dirt. There are two options for emptying the dust cup. Either simply twist the dust cap off and empty, or press the release button to empty debris
5.Dyson Cyclone V10
Dyson is a top choice in vacuuming and the V10 Absolute is a customer favorite. It’s a powerful vacuum that gives you up to an hour’s worth of suction when charged. It features the Torque Drive cleaner head for deep penetration of carpets, while a soft roller is perfect for hard floors.
There are three power modes to choose from. You can easily dock or mount this vacuum so it saves space too. It converts into a handheld and is suitable for most surfaces.
Pros & Cons
- Up to 60 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool. Cyclone technology: 14 concentric cyclones. Filtration: advanced whole machine filtration. Cleaning path width - 9.84 inches
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free power with the soft Roller cleaner head (in suction mode I). engineered to pick up both large debris and Fine dust
- Torque drive cleaner head – Up to 20 minutes of fade-free power (in suction mode II). drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep-down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V10 and engineered to pick up ground-in dirt and Fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
- Included components: Vacuum, charger, wall mount, combination tool
6.Handheld Vacuum Cordless
If you’re looking to save space, effort, and money too, have a look at this handheld vacuum. It’s one of the most budget-friendly models we’ve ever seen, and you get amazing value for money.
This ergonomically designed vacuum is capable of cleaning all surfaces, and liquids too. Its battery, which comes with an indicator light, lasts for up to 30 minutes. At 8000 pascals, it’s a powerful handheld with impressive suction.
Pros & Cons
- STRONG SUCTION:Handheld vacuum utilizes 120W super high power motor provides a strong suction of over 8Kpa. Handheld vacuum cordless can thoroughly clean your stairs, kitchen, car or hard-to-reach corners without bulky and tangled cords.
- SUPER LONG RUNNING TIME:Handheld vacuum only takes 3 hours to be fully charged .Built-in 2200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery, no memory effect, extend the lifetime.
- ALL-ROUND CLEANING:Mini vacuum with 3 different types of attachments.Brush tool can clean hair and dirt on carpet,sofa or keyboard.Extension hose for debris particles flexibly.Extension crevice tool for tight corners or gaps, and can handle liquids well.
- EASY TO CLEAN:The detachable translucent and click-off dirt tank allows you to clean up the debris without stress.Handheld vacuum with 2 washable and reusable inner core,No need to buy a replacement one!
- MULTIPLE PROTECTION:Handheld vacuum with the temperature protection, input voltage input current protection,and short circuit protection,ensure equipment safety throughout the charging process.
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Apartments – If you live in a small home, it doesn’t mean that you can’t reap the rewards of a good vacuum. But where do you begin when choosing one that’s appropriate for your limited space?
Are there any differences between vacuums for smaller areas and those for larger houses? Which factors should you consider to ensure that you’re saving money and energy while keeping your home spic and span?