Best Vacuum Cleaner for Hair on Carpet – As you probably already know, vacuum cleaners designed especially for long hair can be a bit pricey. If you don’t need to clean frequently, maybe even on a weekly basis, you might want to go for a cheaper solution.
However, let’s assume that you really NEED some of these cleaners. If you are a hairstylist, for example, both the Shark Apex and the Sebo X5 would make a great investment. At first glance, the main difference is that the Shark Apex is bagless and the Sebo X5 has a bag. Also, the Shark Apex might be a little bit heavy for a smaller person, so if you plan to use it frequently, you should consider that, too.
Although both of these vacuums come with rubber wheels, the Shark Apex is much easier to steer and control.
Pros & Cons
- Laser reveals microscopic dust The most powerful, intelligent cordless vacuum.
If you’re looking for a more affordable cordless stick vacuum, take a look at the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This vacuum’s maximum battery life of roughly 40 minutes is considerably shorter than that of the Dyson V15 Detect, and it doesn’t have an automatic suction power adjustment feature. However, it’s much cheaper and delivers fantastic hair cleaning performance on a variety of surface types.
It also has an onboard HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean, and as long as you maintain it according to manufacturer specifications, you shouldn’t need to worry about recurring costs. It’s also very easy to maneuver thanks to its lightweight plastic construction, and it isn’t as likely to drag around some lighter rugs. Unfortunately, this vacuum’s selection of attachments is rather limited, as it only comes with a crevice tool, an upholstery tool, and a clip-on hard-bristle brush. It’s also worth noting that the floorhead’s main brushroll isn’t designed to be removable, though it does have angled plastic fins that are meant to reduce the incidence of hair wraps.
Pros & Cons
- POWERFUL SUCTION: For everyday messes and high-traffic areas.
- UP TO 40 MINUTES OF RUNTIME: Removable battery with up to 40 minutes of runtime, measured at the hand vacuum in standard mode.
- POWERFINS BRUSHROLL: Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets and directly engage floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- HEPA FILTRATION AND ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Captures and traps dust, allergens, dander, and more, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
- REMOVABLE HAND VACUUM: Transforms to a hand vacuum for lightweight above-floor cleaning.
- XL DUST CUP: Removable dust cup with CleanTouch Dirt Ejector.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Illuminate hidden debris around the home.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool & Pet Multi-tool.
The best corded vacuum for long hair that we’ve tested is the Shark APEX UpLight. This stick/handheld vacuum delivers superb performance when cleaning hair from a variety of surface types. It has a vacuum head with two brushrolls; one is removable for easier cleaning, while the other is fixed in place but uses plastic fins to reduce the incidence of hair wraps. The brushroll in its miniature turbo brush isn’t removable, but you can access it by lifting a plastic cover underneath the tool to clean it.
This vacuum has a bagless design and washable, reusable pre-motor and allergen-trapping HEPA filters, so recurring costs shouldn’t be an issue.
Pros & Cons
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished it shows limited or no wear
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90 day warranty
- Shark APEX UpLight Vacuum Lift-Away, DuoClean & Self Clean (Rosewood)
- This upright, self-standing vacuum is equipped with two different brush rolls that work in tandem to collect large and small particles on hard and carpeted floors.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Shark APEX UpLight Vacuum w/ Lift-Away, DuoClean & Self Clean Brushroll | Refurbished 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Sebo Automatic X4
The Sebo X5 definitely stands side by side with the Shark Apex. Sebo vacuums are also German engineered which translates to long lasting high quality components.
With an electronic, automatically adjustable brush height, it takes the thinking out of vacuuming.
For example, if you are cleaning the floor and want to clean under the furniture, just slowly push the cleaner toward the bottom of the furniture. The sensors will “sense” that and will automatically adjust its height.
Pros & Cons
5.Miele Blizzard CX1
This Miele vacuum cleaner is designed specifically for cat and dog hair and is probably the best vacuum for long pet hair. It’s pretty convenient, uses a high air-cyclone for vacuuming and comes with a nice, large bin. The Miele Blizzard offers 4 levels of cleaning power, which is controlled with a knob on the cleaner’s body. In addition it is bagless, which is a unique feature for Miele vacuums since most of their models are bagged.
Its curved handle is designed to reduce wrist strain, which makes it pretty easy to control. Although it has a decent size, it comes with articulating neck and can be rotated and steered with ease.
Pros & Cons
- PET VACUUM: Bagless canister vacuum with strong suction power. Ideal for pet owners and all flooring types. Switch between 4 suction power settings for different surfaces
- VORTEX TECHNOLOGY: Innovative cleaning performance, ensuring all coarse and fine dust is captured while cleaning
- HEPA LIFETIME FILTER: Maintenance-free HEPA Lifetime Filter and Gore CleanStream Fine Dust Filter ensure top-notch filtration
- ELIMINATE PET HAIR: Handheld Turbo Brush designed with pet owners in mind. Perfect for removing pet hair from upholstery
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: SEB 228 Electro Plus Floorhead, SBB 300-3 Parquet Twister Floorhead, Dusting Brush, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool and Handheld Turbo Brush
The last but not the least is the Dyson V11. It’s cordless, which makes it pretty compact and easy to use. Not having to worry about cords and their length is a big plus, especially if you vacuum on a daily basis. You can just lean it against the wall and use it anytime, then just lean it back and forget it’s even there.
If you’ve ever used the V10 model, you will notice that the V11 looks very similar. It also comes with a slightly bigger battery, which makes it weigh 3.05 kg. However, it’s perfectly balanced and feels very easy in the hand.
Also, it’s motor is around 20% more powerful than the motor in V10. Drastic improvements have also been made in its airflow, too. For further details on the upgrades check out our comparison of the Dyson V8, V10 and V11.
Pros & Cons
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you need it.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode, floor type and/or attachments used.
- High torque cleaner head. Automatically adapts suction and power to deep clean different floor types without changing cleaner heads.
- Advanced whole-machine filtration. Advanced whole-machine filtration traps 99.99% of particles, dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 5 Dyson engineered tools for versatile whole-home and car cleaning. Including the mini-motorized tool for removing pet hair from upholstery and tight spaces.
- Converts to a handheld for cleaning cars, stairs and upholstery
- Included: Torque drive head, mini-motorized tool, crevice tool, stubborn dirt brush, soft dusting brush, combination tool, wand storage clip, docking station, & charger
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Hair on Carpet – Although vacuum cleaners make cleaning rooms much easier, not all vacuum cleaners are designed for vacuuming hair, especially long hair.
You have likely already tried vacuuming hair from the floor, and encountered the problem of long strands. They tend to clump up and get tangled in the brush roller. It can be very frustrating if you have to vacuum often.