Best Vacuum Cleaner for Human Hair – Long pet and human hair, lint, fibers, and similar dirt can be quite challenging types of dirt for many vacuums, especially when vacuuming carpets and when low maintenance is required.
For a vacuum cleaner to thoroughly clean deeply embedded pet and human hair, the vacuum cleaner must have suitable cleaning tools including the main nozzle and attachments, strong suction, long reach to clean awkward places, good air filtration level, and few more important features.
The best vacuum for hair that we’ve tested with a cordless design is the Dyson V15 Detect. This stick vacuum does a fantastic job dealing with pet hair on most surfaces, from bare floors to high-pile carpet. The brushrolls for its primary and secondary vacuum heads, not to mention its turbo brush, can be quickly removed for easier cleaning of tangled hair. The vacuum also has a washable allergen-trapping HEPA filter, which is handy if your pet sheds heavily.
This vacuum supplies roughly anywhere between 10 to over 70 minutes of runtime on a single charge, more than sufficient for cleaning most areas.
Pros & Cons
- Strongest suction of any vacuum. Suction tested to ASTM F558 at the cleaner head, dust-loaded against upright market.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles.
- Engineered for homes with pets: With features and tools that dig out dirt, hair everywhere your pet gets
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: Seals in suction and drives deep into carpet fibers to capture dust, animal hair and ground in dirt
- Cleans up high and under furniture. Removes pet hair without tangling
2.Shark IZ163H Pet
If you’re looking for a more affordable cordless stick vacuum, take a look at the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This vacuum’s maximum battery life of roughly 40 minutes is considerably shorter than that of the Dyson V15 Detect, and it doesn’t have an automatic suction power adjustment feature. However, it’s much cheaper and delivers fantastic hair cleaning performance on a variety of surface types. It also has an onboard HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean, and as long as you maintain it according to manufacturer specifications, you shouldn’t need to worry about recurring costs.
It’s also very easy to maneuver thanks to its lightweight plastic construction, and it isn’t as likely to drag around some lighter rugs. Unfortunately, this vacuum’s selection of attachments is rather limited, as it only comes with a crevice tool, an upholstery tool, and a clip-on hard-bristle brush. It’s also worth noting that the floorhead’s main brushroll isn’t designed to be removable, though it does have angled plastic fins that are meant to reduce the incidence of hair wraps.
Pros & Cons
- The filter replacement is fit for Dyson DC41 Animal, DC41 Animal Complete Exclusive, DC41 Animal Plus, DC41 Multi Floor, DC41 Total Clean, DC65 Animal, DC65 Animal Complete Exclusive, DC65 Animal Total Clean, DC65 Multi Floor, for Dyson Ball Allergy Exclusive, for Dyson Animal Ball 2. Compare to part # 920769-01&920640-01.
- The filters replacements for Dyson DC41 are made of environmentally friendly materials, it can capture particles as small as 3 microns in the air and improve the efficiency of the vacuum cleaner. It has a hard shell and is not easy to damage.
- Package includes: 2 Hepa Post Filters + 2 Pre Filters + 1 Cleaning Brush.
- Our filter replacements for Dyson DC41 Animal Ball can be cleaned with water, and can be reused after it is completely dried. It is recommended to clean every 2 to 3 weeks and replace every 2 to 3 months to maintain the high efficiency of the vacuum cleaner and extend the life of your vacuum cleaner.
- We are committed to providing you with a 100% satisfactory service. You can contact us at any time if you have any questions. We will give you a satisfactory answer within 24 hours.
3.Sebo Automatic X4
The Sebo X5 definitely stands side by side with the Shark Apex. Sebo vacuums are also German engineered which translates to long lasting high quality components.
With an electronic, automatically adjustable brush height, it takes the thinking out of vacuuming.
For example, if you are cleaning the floor and want to clean under the furniture, just slowly push the cleaner toward the bottom of the furniture. The sensors will “sense” that and will automatically adjust its height.
Also, due to its great filtration method, you won’t notice that specific “smell” which many vacuums leave after vacuuming. It provides a great cleaning performance and comes with huge bags with 1.4-gallon capacity.
Pros & Cons
- FITS MODELS – These filter kits are compatible with Dyson DC41 DC65 DC66 UP13 UP20 Animal, Multi Floor and Ball model vacuums. Compare to Part #920769-01&920640-01. These filters are NOT compatible with Dyson DC40 and Ball Multi Floor 2 Vacuum. Please check the vacuum model before order. For more details see the product picture.
- HIGHLY PERFORMANCE – Premium post filter filter and reusable, washable pre filter. Premium filters with high efficiency to block fine particles, dirt, pet dander and other particles as small as 0.3 microns in size.
- VALUABLE PACKAG – Package includes 2 Pack Post-Motor Filters & 2 Pack Pre-Motor Filters.
- EASY TO REPLACE – Clean by hand washing in warm water and let it completely air dry before reusing them. To ensure your vacuum works properly and optimally, recommend to replace the filter every 2-3 months.
- MEET YOUR NEEDS – If there are any questions please contact us, we are committed to offer the premium products and efficient customer service.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Miele Blizzard CX1
This Miele vacuum cleaner is designed specifically for cat and dog hair and is probably the best vacuum for long pet hair. It’s pretty convenient, uses a high air-cyclone for vacuuming and comes with a nice, large bin. The Miele Blizzard offers 4 levels of cleaning power, which is controlled with a knob on the cleaner’s body. In addition it is bagless, which is a unique feature for Miele vacuums since most of their models are bagged.
Its curved handle is designed to reduce wrist strain, which makes it pretty easy to control. Although it has a decent size, it comes with articulating neck and can be rotated and steered with ease.
5.Shark AZ1002 Apex
Shark APEX AZ1002 DuoClean with Zero-M Powered Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is large, full-size corded, bagless, convertible upright vacuum cleaner.
It features several very important Shark’s cleaning technologies including:
– Shark DuoClean: the main cleaner head features two different brushrolls that work in unison in order to thoroughly clean the floors.
– Shark Zero-M: the brushroll optimized for picking up pet and human hair and similar dirt, features Zero-M technology which automatically removes hair from the brushroll, helping with the maintenance.
6.Dyson Ball Animal 2
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Upright Vacuum is a large, corded, upright vacuum cleaner with excellent air filtration, very strong suction, additional cleaning hose, and wand, with a very useful set of additional cleaning tools.
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean weighs 17.5 pounds (~7.9 kg) and is far from being a light unit to carry around, especially at homes with stairs. But, its center of gravity is very low and with most of the mass resting on the floor, the unit is easy to clean with.
Physical dimensions of the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean are (H x W x D) 42.1 x 15.4 x 13.4 inches (~107 x 39 x 34 cm).
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Human Hair – Our recommendations are based on what we think are currently the best vacuums for long hair to buy. We factor in a fairly wide range of factors, including availability, price, and reader feedback.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our vacuum reviews ranked by their pet hair cleaning performance. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no vacuum is perfect for every use, most are good enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.