Best Vacuum Cleaner for Long Human Hair – Our recommendations are based on what we think are currently the best vacuums for long hair to buy. We factor in a fairly wide range of factors, including availability, price, and reader feedback.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our vacuum reviews ranked by their pet hair cleaning performance. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no vacuum is perfect for every use, most are good enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them
1.Shark APEX Upright Vacuum
If you are looking for the best vacuum to pick up long human or pet hair, the Shark Apex should be your first choice.
The Shark Apex is a powerful full-size vacuum with suction higher than the Dyson Ball Animal 2 and Miele C1 dynamic.
It packs a lot of Shark’s innovation that makes it the best vacuum for all-around cleaning.
- Shark APEX: featuring DuoClean, Powered Lift-Away, and self-cleaning brushroll technologies.
- DuoClean Technology: Dual brushroll system deep-cleans carpets and directly engages floors for a polished look.
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll Technology: The vacuum that deep-cleans now cleans itself. The self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal.
- Powered-Lift Away: the pod detaches to extend the reach of the cleaner head, including under furniture.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology: with a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner.
- Noise Reduction Technology: Expertly tuned to reduce noise and soften pitch.
- Active-Glide Technology: Smooth maneuverability on hard floors and carpets while maintaining powerful suction.
- LED Headlights: Spot hidden debris.
- Fingertip Controls: allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.
- What's Included: Apex Upright Vacuum, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool & Pet Power Brush.
2.Shark ZU561 Navigator
The Shark Navigator Speed is perfect for those looking for the best vacuum for long hair at an affordable price.
Its Zero-M or anti-hair wrap cleaner head actively removes hair tangles while the vacuum is running, so you don’t have to pull them off the brushroll after each cleaning session. With its self-cleaning brushroll, vacuuming hairs off carpets won’t be a chore anymore.
Moreover, it converts into a portable vacuum in the Lift-Away mode, making the above surface cleaning a breeze.
- Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- Use as an upright vacuum for powerful floor and carpet cleaning. Or for more portability, detach the pod to go into Lift-Away mode to easily clean, above-floor areas like furniture and stairs.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter traps over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner.
- Swivel Steering provides effortless maneuverability for cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
- Suction control slider to manage suction power from hard floors to carpets.
- An easily removable, bagless dust cup for quick emptying.
- Extra tools included for tight spaces, stubborn pet hair and upholstery.
- The manual shows the “ZU560 series” -manual is accurate for both ZU560 & ZU561, but it is the ZU561 that is in the box.
3.Shark AZ2002 Vertex
The Vertex AZ2002 is the latest model in the Shark upright series. Its unique brush roller with silicone fins makes it the best vacuum for removing long human hairs from carpets without any visible hair wraps.
Moreover, it has outstanding suction and airflow for deep cleaning carpets and rugs.
It also has Shark’s previous innovations, such as the Powered Lift-Away, DuoClean, and Anti Allergen seal system.
- SHARK’S MOST POWERFUL VACUUM: The Vertex is Shark’s most powerful vacuum ever, with incredible suction and innovative cleaning technologies.
- SELF-CLEANING BRUSHROLL: Engineered for more pet hair pickup with no hair wrap (vs. Shark bristle nozzles).
- DUOCLEAN POWERFINS: A PowerFins brushroll and a soft roller combine on all floors. Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets, directly engage floors, and pick up more in every pass. (vs. original DuoClean).
- POWERED LIFT-AWAY: Detachable pod for motorized cleaning under furniture or detach the nozzle to clean above the floor, on upholstery, furniture, stairs, and more.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Includes a self-cleaning Pet Power Brush for deep cleaning with no hair wrap and a Pet Crevice Tool to remove pet hair from hard-to-reach spaces like corners, ceilings, and between couch cushions.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with HEPA filter to trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- LARGE-CAPACITY DUST CUP: 1-quart dust cup for longer cleaning sessions.
- ACTIVE GLIDE TECHNOLOGY: Smooth maneuverability on hard floors and carpets while maintaining powerful suction.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Powerful lights on the nozzle reveal hidden debris and pet hair around your home.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Shark Vertex Upright Vacuum, Pet Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush & Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Shark ZU62 Navigator Zero-M
The Shark Navigator Pet Pro is an upgrade to the Navigator Lift-Away Speed, specially designed for homes with lots of furry pets. Like the Speed, this one also has a Zero-M cleaner head to tackle long hair wraps around the brushroll.
The Pet Pro has a big dust cup of 2.8 quarts – thrice the dust cup of Navigator Speed. For long-haired pet owners, this vacuum is like a dream come true. The extra-large cup makes it convenient to vacuum without frequently stopping to empty the canister.
- Dust cup capacity 2. 8 quarts; The vacuum that deep cleans now cleans itself; The zero m self cleaning brush roll delivers nonstop hair removal
- Powerful upright vacuum suction to pick up embedded debris, stubborn pet hair, and more
- Lightweight design allows for easy maneuverability and portability
- 3XL capacity for long cleaning sessions with fewer interruptions to empty the dust cup
- Anti allergen complete seal technology and a hepa filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner
5.BISSELL Pet Hair
This vacuum has an impressive tangle-free brush roll that prevents – unlike the Zero-M – hair wrap. It’s because the roller is larger in radius than a regular brush roll.
A fantastic feature that you’ll LOVE if you have fur babies with long hair. With the tangle-free brush roll, you no longer have to untangle the hair wraps.
But, the tangle-free design is only effective for hair length of less than 10″.
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Powerful pet hair pick up in a lightweight and agile design
- Tangle-Free brush roll eliminates annoying hair wrap. Power Rating:7 Amps
- Hands-free empty with Cyclonic Pet Hair Spooling System means you no longer have to touch the yuck.
- Smart Seal Allergen System with optional Febreze filter traps dust and allergens while eliminating odors to freshen your home as you clean
- Reach more messes with specialized pet tools like the LED Crevice Tool, Pet Turbo Eraser Tool and 2-in-1 Pet Dusting Brush
- Powerful edge-to-edge suction on low to high pile carpets, area rugs and hard surfaces with fingertip suction control and brush roll on/off feature
- Quick release extension wand is always ready, always on
- Swivel steering and LED headlights
- Dirt cup capacity - 0.75 liters. New and improved
The best vacuum for hair that we’ve tested with a cordless design is the Dyson V15 Detect. This stick vacuum does a fantastic job dealing with pet hair on most surfaces, from bare floors to high-pile carpet. The brushrolls for its primary and secondary vacuum heads, not to mention its turbo brush, can be quickly removed for easier cleaning of tangled hair. The vacuum also has a washable allergen-trapping HEPA filter, which is handy if your pet sheds heavily.
This vacuum supplies roughly anywhere between 10 to over 70 minutes of runtime on a single charge, more than sufficient for cleaning most areas. An LED display at the back of the vacuum shows you the remaining battery life as well as an estimate of the size and number of particles it sucks up.
- Laser reveals microscopic dust The most powerful, intelligent cordless vacuum.
7.iRobot Roomba s9+
The best robot vacuum we’ve tested for long hair is the iRobot Roomba S9. This premium robot vacuum does an incredible job of sucking up pet hair on a wide variety of surface types, ranging from bare floors to low and high-pile carpet. It’s also equipped with a HEPA filter to trap allergens as it cleans and feels amazingly well-built.
This vacuum’s surface detection feature lets it automatically adjust its head height depending on the floor type that it’s currently on. You can use its companion app to set up no-go zones or schedule cleaning sessions for specific areas. It’s also very maneuverable, as it can easily navigate around furniture or climb over rugs and electrical cords without getting stuck.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- THE ULTIMATE ROBOT MOP - The Braava jet m6 robot mops like you would. You can tell it where and when to clean, and Precision Jet Spray helps tackle sticky messes and kitchen grease.
- MOPPING THAT FITS SEAMLESSLY INTO YOUR LIFE - Ideal for multiple rooms and larger spaces. Navigates around objects and under furniture. Cleans finished hard floors including hardwood, tile and stone.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 and Braava jet m6 learn the layout of your home and build personal Smart Maps, enabling them to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUM OR MOP MESSES IN THE MOMENT - A simple request to your voice assistant or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9 or Braava jet m6 to clean messes for you, right when they happen — immediately clean that spot and consider it done.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. And with Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
- A CLEAN UNIQUE TO YOU - The Roomba s9 robot vacuum and Braava jet m6 robot mop are smarter than ever, learning where and when you normally clean and suggesting personalized schedules so you can focus on everything else.
- ALWAYS GETTING SMARTER - Quality that lasts. Intelligence that grows. Equipped with advanced hardware capable of providing the intelligent features you love today, and access to our latest advancements in the future.
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Long Human Hair – Does your vacuum need frequent maintenance to keep it clog-free and operational? Or, do you feel awkward seeing long hair on your carpet and floors?
If so, stay tuned; I’ll show you the 9 best vacuums for long hair in this post. These vacuums don’t get tangled with long hair and effortlessly pick up stubborn hair on the carpet.