Best Vacuum Cleaner for Small Apartment – Our recommendations are based on what we think are currently the best vacuum cleaners for apartments. We don’t just base our results on overall performance, but also factors like availability, price, and reader feedback.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our reviews of vacuums at an affordable price, with considerations made for portability and storage capability. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no vacuum is perfect for every use, most are good enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
You can use this stick vacuum for all your needs, from carpets to car interiors. It’s got a 220-watt motor and will last you for 30 minutes a run. You can boost it to MAX mode for extra power with the push of a button.
This model only weighs 6.5 pounds. Assembly is quick and easy, and it converts into a handheld vacuum. The dust cup has a release button, and there’s a washable anti-allergen filter for easy maintenance.
Pros & Cons
- 220W Powerful Suction: Powered by the latest digital motor technology, the generated suction power will meet all your cleaning needs, from car detailing to deep carpet cleaning
- 30 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Enjoy up to 30 minutes of fade-free runtime in normal suction mode. Easily switch to MAX power with the press of a button
- Grab & Go: The cordless design makes the Hyper Clean, easy to use and perfect for daily cleaning. Assembly is a breeze – simply snap a together a few pieces and you’re off and ready
- Lightweight: At only 6.5 pounds, you can easily use this stick vacuum throughout your whole home, both to clean your floors and to reach high into corners
- Easy-to-Empty: No need to touch the dirt. There are two options for emptying the dust cup. Either simply twist the dust cap off and empty, or press the release button to empty debris
2.Dyson Cyclone V10
Dyson is a top choice in vacuuming and the V10 Absolute is a customer favorite. It’s a powerful vacuum that gives you up to an hour’s worth of suction when charged. It features the Torque Drive cleaner head for deep penetration of carpets, while a soft roller is perfect for hard floors.
There are three power modes to choose from. You can easily dock or mount this vacuum so it saves space too. It converts into a handheld and is suitable for most surfaces.
Pros & Cons
- Up to 60 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool. Cyclone technology: 14 concentric cyclones. Filtration: advanced whole machine filtration. Cleaning path width - 9.84 inches
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 40 minutes of fade-free power with the soft Roller cleaner head (in suction mode I). engineered to pick up both large debris and Fine dust
- Torque drive cleaner head – Up to 20 minutes of fade-free power (in suction mode II). drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep-down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V10 and engineered to pick up ground-in dirt and Fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car
- Included components: Vacuum, charger, wall mount, combination tool
3.Handheld Vacuum Cordless
If you’re looking to save space, effort, and money too, have a look at this handheld vacuum. It’s one of the most budget-friendly models we’ve ever seen, and you get amazing value for money.
This ergonomically designed vacuum is capable of cleaning all surfaces, and liquids too. Its battery, which comes with an indicator light, lasts for up to 30 minutes. At 8000 pascals, it’s a powerful handheld with impressive suction.
Pros & Cons
- STRONG SUCTION:Handheld vacuum utilizes 120W super high power motor provides a strong suction of over 8Kpa. Handheld vacuum cordless can thoroughly clean your stairs, kitchen, car or hard-to-reach corners without bulky and tangled cords.
- SUPER LONG RUNNING TIME:Handheld vacuum only takes 3 hours to be fully charged .Built-in 2200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery, no memory effect, extend the lifetime.
- ALL-ROUND CLEANING:Mini vacuum with 3 different types of attachments.Brush tool can clean hair and dirt on carpet,sofa or keyboard.Extension hose for debris particles flexibly.Extension crevice tool for tight corners or gaps, and can handle liquids well.
- EASY TO CLEAN:The detachable translucent and click-off dirt tank allows you to clean up the debris without stress.Handheld vacuum with 2 washable and reusable inner core,No need to buy a replacement one!
- MULTIPLE PROTECTION:Handheld vacuum with the temperature protection, input voltage input current protection,and short circuit protection,ensure equipment safety throughout the charging process.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Wyze Cordless Vacuum
The best cordless vacuum for apartments we’ve tested is the Wyze Cordless Vacuum. This budget-friendly cordless stick vacuum has a lightweight plastic construction that makes it easy to maneuver, even in cluttered areas. You can quickly reconfigure it into a handheld vacuum for spot-cleaning tight areas, and it also comes with a HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean. It also features an LED display at the back of the vacuum that shows the current suction power mode and remaining battery life.
This vacuum clears pet hair without an issue, delivers impressive performance on low-pile carpet, and does a fantastic job of sucking up debris on high-pile carpet.
Pros & Cons
- As Light as a Feather : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum weighs in at just 2.8 pounds, it’s so lightweight that it can reach everywhere in the house. Despite this light weight, it doesn’t skimp on power.
- 24,000 Pa Suction Power : Wyze Stick Vacuum Cleaner offers three suction levels: Eco, Medium, and Turbo. Turbo mode has the most suction power (24,000 Pa, or 150 air watts) for intensive spot cleaning, Medium mode balances suction power (15,000 Pa or 55 air watts) and battery life. Eco mode offers the longest battery life for big jobs (7,000 Pa, or 18 air watts).
- Easy to Use with Crystal-Clear Screen : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum is easy to set up and use. You just unbox the unit and its accessories, then plug it in and wait for it to charge. While charging, the screen shows the current battery percentage level .No more guess game about the battery life, power mode, and vacuum performance.
- Two Motors Good for Pet Hairs : We added another motor with 9,500 RPM of power in the brush head because we’re as serious about cleaning as you are about picking up every strand of Fido’s majestic mane.
- Long-lasting, Interchangeable batteries : In ECO mode, enjoy up to 50 minutes of fade-free power that lasts until the job is done. Add an additional battery pack for a total of 100 minutes of run time.
5.Bissell Featherweight Stick
The BISSELL Featherweight Stick 2033 is the best budget vacuum for apartments that we’ve tested. This cheap, lightweight vacuum has a simple design that’s very easy to maintain. It doesn’t use a dirtbag, and it has a washable dust cup filter and pre-motor mesh filter, so recurring costs are practically nonexistent.
You can reconfigure it into a handheld vacuum to clean areas like shelves and furniture with ease, and it comes with a crevice tool to tackle messes in tight corners. Performance on bare floors is great, as it easily cleans pet hair and small debris. However, while it also has no trouble sucking up bulky material with an empty dirt compartment, it can struggle to clear this kind of debris as it fills up.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful, convenient, and easy to use
- Powerful suction makes it great for quick pick ups with multipurpose versatility
- Versatile cleaning three machines in one: A stick vacuum, handle vacuum, and stair vacuum
- With a crevice tool for furniture and a floor nozzle for stairs
- Clean hard floors and surface dirt on carpets and area rugs. Surface type: Counter tops, sealed hard floors, low pile carpet. Dirt cup capacity: 0.67 liter
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Small Apartment – If you live in an apartment, you’re aware of some of the considerations you need to make when choosing a vacuum. Space is at a premium, so having an appliance that’s maneuverable and easy to store is crucial.
Cleaning performance is important since you may need to deal with various kinds of messes. Of course, those aren’t the only criteria when selecting a vacuum for this environment. Affordability can also be a concern, but today’s product landscape offers no shortage of budget-friendly options that sacrifice little in terms of features or capability.