Best Vacuum Cleaner for Thick Pile Carpet – Thick carpets look luxurious and feel plush underfoot, but their long fibers can make them tough to clean. The wrong vacuum can catch, twist, or fray long fibers, damaging carpets over time, not to mention the fact that some vacuums can get stuck trying to maneuver through the thick pile.
The best vacuum for thick carpet can tackle the challenges while protecting your investment. Some are specially designed to tackle high-pile carpets, while others include beater bars, variable suction power, and height-adjustable heads to clean carpeted floors. Keep reading for the features to look for in the best vacuum for thick carpets and why the following vacuums are top performers.
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Upright is the best upright vacuum for high-pile carpet that we’ve tested. This bagless upright does a fantastic job cleaning pet hair and larger debris like sand from this surface type, though you might need to make an extra pass to fully clean fine debris like baking soda. The vacuum head also features three levels of surface adjustment, allowing you to change its height on the fly depending on the surface that you’re cleaning.
Its ‘Lift-Away’ design makes it a little easier to clean hard-to-reach spots by allowing you to unlatch its main canister and then carry it around, though be aware that it’s somewhat heavy. You can fit a turbo brush, a crevice tool, or a dedicated upholstery tool to the end of its wand, depending on your cleaning needs. The vacuum’s bagless design and washable, reusable pre-motor and HEPA filters keep recurring costs to a minimum.
Pros & Cons
- 2-IN-1 POWERED LIFT-AWAY TECHNOLOGY: Allows you to lift the pod away to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas, like under furniture, while the powered brushroll keeps spinning.
- ADVANCED SWIVEL STEERING: Easily maneuver your vacuum to get in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Works with a HEPA filter to trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- LARGE-CAPACITY DUST CUP: 0.88-quart capacity for longer cleaning sessions. Easily remove dust cup to empty debris in seconds.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Powerful lights on the nozzle reveal hidden debris and pet hair around your home.
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING: Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Includes a self-cleaning Pet Power Brush, designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery.
- UPHOLSTERY TOOL: Picks up pet hair and debris from curtains, lampshades, and other delicate fabrics, as well as shelves, tables, and walls.
- CREVICE TOOL: Access corners, baseboards, tight spaces, and ceilings for versatile cleaning.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, Upholstery Tool, Pet Power Brush & Crevice Tool.
Grab yourself a bargain with this upright vacuum cleaner from Eureka. It won’t break the bank but will give your high pile carpets a good clean with its powerful dynamic motor.
You’ll get 3 handy tools with this vacuum cleaner. They can all be stored on the vacuum itself so you don’t need to worry about finding room for them elsewhere. The nozzle is 12.6 inches wide so it’ll clean more of your carpeted floors in less time.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful vacuum cleaner; The dynamic motor and brush roll can lift stubborn and heavy debris; plus, the 12.6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness.
- Lightweight 10 lbs upright vacuum; The Eureka Power Speed is pretty lightweight and easy to maneuver; designed for whole home clean.
- With 5 height adjustment; It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc.; smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges.
- Extra-large 2.6L capacity; The extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying; clean more, empty less.
- Multiple accessories included; A quick-release handle connected to the stretch hose for above-floor cleaning; a crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool for hard-to-reach areas.
If you prioritize the cleaner means of debris disposal that come with a bagged vacuum, take a look at the Kenmore Intuition Bagged. Unlike the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away Upright, it lacks a surface-type adjustment feature, so it can occasionally have trouble climbing over obstructions like electrical cords. However, its dirtbag reduces the chances of a plume of dust and dirt releasing when emptying the vacuum. That said, the disposable nature of its dirtbag and filters result in higher recurring costs.
Performance on high-pile carpet is great, as it easily cleans pet hair and sucks up a good amount of fine debris like baking soda, but it struggles more when dealing with larger material like sand. Its ‘Lift-Up’ design allows you to pick up and carry its canister separately to clear messes on furniture, shelves, and counters. Unfortunately, its short vacuum hose can make it a little challenging to clean hard-to-reach areas.
Pros & Cons
- Lift-Up enables versatile handheld freedom to clean above floors and stairs. Simply press a button to lift away from the floor nozzle to clean all of your hard to reach areas.
- No Touch Bag Technology eliminates the annoyingly stains process of emptying and cleaning a full cup with a single button press to get rid of your stains. No need to touch dirty cups or bags again, hands free operation and self-sealing bags keep your home environment clean – no touch and no messy cleanup!
- PowerFlow bag chamber is designed to enable strong suction even as the bag fills. This means that you can still expect excellent cleaning up until your bag needs emptying.
- Lightweight and Maneuverable – weighing only 14lbs. and with swivel steering, this lightweight and maneuverable vacuum achieve cleaning.Height adjustments for optimal airflow and cleaning efficiency with LED headlights lighting the way to a cleaner home.
- 5 YEARS WARRANTY & Filteration System- This High Grade HEPA filtration is combined with a completely sealed system to provide excellent filtration.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Soniclean Soft Carpet
This is the only vacuum cleaner to use sonic cleaning technology, making it ideal if you want to give your thick carpets a really deep clean. And it’s been certified gold by the CRI, which means it has the highest performance certification that is awarded!
The sonic bar on the bottom of the vacuum head is activated in the deep cleaning mode. It vibrates 200 times per second. So this vacuum cleaner is primed to dislodge even the most embedded dirt when you’re vacuuming thick carpets.
Pros & Cons
- Developed with the leading global manufacturer of premium carpet. Designed to easily and properly clean all types of soft style carpets with pile lengths less than 1 inch.
- The only vacuum to use patented SONIC CARPET CLEANING TECHNOLOGY. The sonic bar on the bottom of the vacuum produces 200 vibrations per second of high frequency sonic energy that dislodges the deeply embedded dirt and particulate in the carpet pile.
- Ultra-soft bristle brushroll, designed to be extra gentle on carpet fibers.
- Patented EZ-Push adjustable vent system and lightweight design (weighs only 10.5lbs) allows the vacuum to be easily pushed and pulled across thick carpets.
- Hospital-grade H13 HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size - ideal for allergy sufferers.
If you’re looking for a more affordable stick vacuum but don’t want to give up much in the way of performance on high-pile carpet, consider the Simplicity S65S. It comes with far fewer accessories than the Dyson V15 Detect and lacks a surface-type adjustment feature. However, it’s significantly cheaper and amazingly effective when clearing debris from high-pile carpet, though it struggles a little more with debris like baking soda. Few parts need regular cleaning, so maintenance requirements aren’t very demanding.
Its allergen-trapping HEPA filter is also the only part that occasionally needs replacing, so recurring costs are impressively low. Unfortunately, its maximum battery life of over 30 minutes is significantly lower than the Dyson. However, this can vary in the real world. Overall, it’s one of the best vacuums for high-pile carpets that we’ve tested.
Pros & Cons
- INCLUDES portable vacuum and standard attachments; one multi-floor carpet, hard floor LED nozzle, one combo tool with a crevice tool and 2-in-1 dusting brush, charging storage station, wall mount, one battery and equipped with a SF65 HEPA Filter Media
- FOR QUICK CLEAN UPS the stick and hand vacuum is designed for you busy bees out there; Runs between 10-25 minutes; Low speed is for daily household cleaning and extends runtime, while high speed is for bigger messes and faster clean up
- ONE CLICK AND GO is all it takes with this cordless hardwood floor vacuum; No need dread holding down the trigger the entire vacuuming cycle
- SIMPLE TO MANEUVER the stick vac works as an under furniture and bed vacuum cleaner or a bathroom vacuum cleaner swiveling around tight spaces; Convert to hand vac for upholstery cleaning the couch or car
- HEPA FILTER MEDIA filters 99.97% of dirt, pollen, and dander and other small particles 0.3 microns or larger; One SF65 filter included with all S65 Vacuums for hard floors and carpet
- TWO STORAGE OPTIONS to store and charge the vacuum and attachment tools where you want; Use the charging station to tuck it away in a corner or hang your wand vac on the wall mount; All you need is an outlet
6.yeedi Vac Station Robot Vacuum
The best robot vacuum for high-pile carpet that we’ve tested is the yeedi vac station. This robot vacuum has a self-emptying function that lets it dump any accumulated debris from its internal dustbin to an external dirt compartment built into its charging dock, slightly reducing hands-on maintenance requirements. It also features many other automation functions, including virtual boundary markers and scheduling cleaning sessions for individual areas.
This vacuum’s performance on high-pile carpet is impressive, as it easily cleans pet hair as well as the majority of fine debris like baking soda. However, it may need to make an extra pass to fully clean up larger material like sand. Its surface detection feature enables it to adjust its suction power mode automatically once it starts rolling on carpets.
Pros & Cons
- [30-Day Hands-Free Cleaning] To save you from having to empty the dustbin frequently, the yeedi vac station suctions dirt from the dustbin into the dust bag. yeedi's dust bag has a 2.5L capacity and a sealing construction that can keep up to 30 days' worth of dirt, perfect for families with pets and kids.
- [Vacuum and Mop Combo] yeedi vac station with 3000pa high suction power and smart mopping system, the vacuum performs robust cleaning and mopping at the same time in a single run.leaving your floor impeccably clean with a single run.
- [Ergonomic Features] It is also equipped with ultrasonic carpet identification sensors and is knowledgeable about floor cleaning techniques. When a carpet is identified, it vacuums with maximum suction force, avoids mopping. For effective and rapid whole-floor cleaning, yeedi's visual mapping technology and floor tracking sensor trace your space like a GPS.
- [Long Runtime and Editable Map] yeedi is a dependable helper for big house cleanings as it offers an extended runtime of 200 minutes. For a seamless and thorough cleaning cycle, it automatically goes back to the charging dock to recharge and picks up where it left off cleaning. Your rooms are identified by yeedi, who then generates an editable home map in accordance. To clean or avoid, tap a room or mark a location on the map.
- [App and Voice Control] Using our user-friendly yeedi app, you can schedule your cleaning, create a virtual border, or select a specific room to clean from any location at any time. You can start cleaning with voice commands thanks to connectivity with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- [Package Contents] yeedi vac station package includes Robotic Vacuum Cleaner x 1, Self-Empty Station x 1, Main Brush x 1, Side Brush x 1, HEPA Filter x 1, Water Tank x 1, Dustbin x 1, Mopping Modular x 1 and User Guide. Please note that it only works with US voltage 100-130V and is compatible with 2.4Ghz WiFi. If any quality problems occur during the warranty period, feel free to contact us for a refund or exchange.
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Thick Pile Carpet – Vacuum type, suction strength, and maneuverability are key features to keep in mind when shopping for any vacuum. When choosing a model for thick carpet, look for one designed to handle plush pile, or one with either a height-adjustable head or variable suction settings.
Adjustable settings can help a vacuum tackle thick carpet and smooth flooring. Evaluate vacuums for the factors and features detailed below, and you’re sure to find the right model for your plush pile.