Best Vacuum Cleaner for Tile Floors – Our recommendations are based on what we think are currently the best vacuums for tile floors. We don’t just base our results on overall performance, but also factors like availability, price, and reader feedback.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here is the list of all our vacuum reviews, ranked by bare floor performance. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no vacuum is perfect for every use, most are good enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.Miele Complete C3
The best vacuum for tile floors we’ve tested is the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine. This corded canister model provides outstanding performance on bare floors, where it clears a wide variety of debris with ease, ranging from pet hair to cereal. Suction performance remains consistent as its generously sized dirtbag fills up, which is great if you’re dealing with large messes. Its HEPA filter is a handy feature if you own a heavily shedding pet, as it traps allergens as you clean.
It features a high-grade plastic body and feels very well-made. It’s also easy to maintain, with few parts that require regular maintenance or cleaning. Thanks to its smooth-rolling wheels, it can maneuver in tight spaces, while its extendable wand lets you clean under couches and low-lying furniture. The handle’s built-in LED light should allow you to see what you’re doing, even in shadowy areas.
If you’re looking for a cordless option, the best vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested is the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H. This stick/handheld vacuum performs exceptionally well on bare surfaces like tile floors, easily clearing pet hair and small or bulky debris. Its floorhead has a brushroll with angled plastic fibers meant to reduce the incidence of hair wraps. It also has a HEPA filter to trap allergens as you clean.
You can quickly reconfigure this vacuum into a handheld vacuum for spot-cleaning tight areas. Its lightweight construction and pivoting floorhead make it easy to maneuver, even in tight spaces. You can increase its suction power by pulling the trigger on its carrying handle, though be aware that running it continuously in its ‘MAX’ suction power mode decreases its battery life from a maximum of 40 minutes to a little over 10 minutes.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: For everyday messes and high-traffic areas.
- UP TO 40 MINUTES OF RUNTIME: Removable battery with up to 40 minutes of runtime, measured at the hand vacuum in standard mode.
- POWERFINS BRUSHROLL: Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets and directly engage floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- HEPA FILTRATION AND ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Captures and traps dust, allergens, dander, and more, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
- REMOVABLE HAND VACUUM: Transforms to a hand vacuum for lightweight above-floor cleaning.
- XL DUST CUP: Removable dust cup with CleanTouch Dirt Ejector.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Illuminate hidden debris around the home.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Shark Pet Plus Cordless Stick Vacuum, Crevice Tool & Pet Multi-tool.
3.Miele Triflex HX1
If you’d prefer a cordless vacuum that’s a little easier to maintain, check out the Miele Triflex HX1. Its max battery life is shorter than that of the Shark Rocket Pet Pro with MultiFlex IZ163H, and it takes longer to recharge, but it has fewer parts that need regular maintenance. It performs incredibly well on bare floors, and its 3-in-1 design lets you reconfigure it as an upright vacuum, a stick vacuum, or a handheld vacuum, so it’s highly versatile and maneuverable. That said, it has a smaller dirt compartment, which may be a hassle if you have a large space to clean since it requires more frequent emptying.
Overall, the Shark is a better option thanks to its better battery life, but if you want a vacuum that’s a bit easier to maintain, the Miele is a good alternative.
- Miele‚Äôs unique 3in1 design for exceptional flexibility. Comfortable cleaning in all areas - floors, furniture and hard to reach spots (e.g. ceilings)
- As strong as Miele‚Äôs most powerful corded vacuum series. For perfect cleaning results on all floors
- Exchangeable VARTA Li-Ion battery for up to 60 minutes run-time
- Extra-wide electrobrush Multi Floor XXL (11") with automatic floor detection. For effortless and quick cleaning of all surfaces
- Maintenance-free Hygiene Lifetime Filter with >99,9% dust retention capacity
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
The best handheld vacuum for tile floors we’ve tested is the Hoover ONEPWR Cordless Hand Vacuum. This compact cordless vacuum delivers superb performance on flat, even surfaces like tile floors. Its dustbin is also relatively large and consequently shouldn’t need emptying very often. Since it’s made of clear plastic, you can also tell how full it is at a glance.
This vacuum’s lightweight construction makes it easy to pick up and carry. While its battery life of roughly 15 minutes isn’t especially long, its removable battery does charge in under 80 minutes, which is relatively fast. It also feels decently well-built, doesn’t have that many parts that need regular cleaning, and incurs low recurring costs since only its primary filter needs periodic replacing.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Perfect for quick pickups
- CORDLESS: Delivers cord-free convenience powered by the removable and rechargeable ONEPWR Battery
- COMPACT DESIGN: Easy to use and to store
- ON-BOARD CREVICE TOOL: Tackles dirt in hard-to-reach areas
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Cordless Hand Vacuum, ONPWR 2. 0 Ah Battery, Charger, On-Board Crevice Tool, Rinsable Filter
5.iRobot Roomba 981
The iRobot Roomba 981 is the best robot vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested. This robot vacuum delivers outstanding performance on bare surfaces like tile floors, easily sucking up pet hair as well as small and large debris. Suction performance also remains consistent as its dustbin fills up, so it shouldn’t need emptying too often.
This vacuum does an excellent job of maneuvering itself, as it cleans in an organized pattern and easily maneuvers around different obstacles. Its surface detection feature enables it to automatically change its suction power depending on the floor type that it’s on. You can use its companion app to start a cleaning session, set up a cleaning schedule, or pilot the vacuum remotely. Depending on the chosen suction power mode, it supplies roughly 1-2 hours of runtime on a single charge.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Power-Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick-up performance. Automatically increases suction to clean deep into carpets with Power Boost Technology.
- IT WON'T STOP TILL THE JOB IS DONE - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt and technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- NAVIGATES IN NEAT ROWS - Purposefully and logically cleans in neat rows and uses floor tracking sensors to navigate your home.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link, when the Roomba 981 finishes vacuuming, it automatically tells Braava jet m6 to start mopping.
- PICKS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF - Doesn’t skip a beat, or a mess. When its running low on battery it recharges and resumes, ensuring a complete clean.
- iRobot does not certify the quality or authenticity of products purchased from non-authorized resellers, and will not cover claims, provide service or offer replacements for products purchased from these sellers.
6.roborock E4 Robot Vacuum
If you’re looking for a cheaper robot vacuum, you may prefer the Roborock E4. This robot vacuum doesn’t maneuver itself quite as effectively as the iRobot Roomba 981, but it’s cheaper and delivers superb performance on bare floors. The battery should provide roughly 2-3 hours of continuous cleaning time, which is notably longer than the iRobot, but it takes much longer to recharge. In addition, it has a slightly bigger dirt compartment. Unfortunately, it also lacks some of the more advanced automation features found in some alternatives, like the ability to schedule individual room cleaning sessions or set up virtual boundary markers, though you can still use its app to remote-control the vacuum or schedule cleaning sessions for its entire coverage area.
If you want a robot vacuum with slightly better maneuverability, get the iRobot, but consider the Roborock if you’re looking to save some money without sacrificing performance.
- 【Z-shape Route Navigation & Fast Cleaning】: Unlike many comparable robots, the Roborock E4 uses OpticEye motion tracking and dual gyroscopes to create effective route algorithms, cleans the floor efficiently and minimizes missed areas. You can check where it has cleaned in the cleaning map it builds up in-app.
- 【4 Cleaning Mode & Strong Suction】: Four cleaning modes (Silent, Balanced, Turbo, Max), let you choose different modes for different uses in-app. When a carpet is encountered, it will automatically increase the suction power to 2000pa max for better carpet cleaning and healthier home living.
- 【200 Runtime & Self-charging】: A 100% battery means up to 200 minutes of run time, enough to clean up to 2152 sqft. If the battery runs low during cleaning, it will return to charge automatically then continue cleaning where it left off, so if you have larger house, it can still clean the whole place.
- 【Large Dustbin & Washable Filter】: A large 640 ml dustbin can store more debris, making it easier to clean large spaces or just empty it less often. A washable filter means a longer service life and more consistent cleaning quality.
- 【App & Voice Control】: Control every element of your robot wherever you are with the Mi Home app, including setting cleaning schedules. (2.4Ghz Wi-Fi required for the app connection); With Alexa and Google Home support, you can also start and stop cleanups and more with the power of your voice. (See User Guide below for more details)
- 【24 hours Customer Care】: Roborock provides a 12 months warranty for each product. And if you have any questions, please contact our 24-hour customer service center.
The best vacuum for tile floors that we’ve tested in the budget category is the Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister. This compact canister vacuum does a fantastic job of sucking up pet hair as well as small and bulky debris on bare surfaces like tile floors. Suction performance remains consistent even as its decently large dustbin fills up.
This vacuum’s floorhead has bristles you can extend or retract, which is useful if you want to clean any small area rugs. Its bagless design and washable filters keep recurring costs to a minimum. Its compact size allows you to maneuver it fairly easily in tight spaces, while its lightweight plastic construction lets you pick it up and carry it without causing too much fatigue.
- Innovative Multi-Surface Vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes 3 settings: Carpet, Upholstery and Hard Floors
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver: Vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 Integrated Crevice Tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-To-Use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a 1 button release for easy dust cup emptying
- Capacity: 3 Liters
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Tile Floors – Tile floors can be a surprisingly tricky kind of surface for vacuums to clean. Debris can get trapped in the various crevices between tiles, so a vacuum with sufficient suction power is a must. Of course, overall performance isn’t the only factor to consider.
Attachments for cleaning shelves and countertops can also be helpful, while a design that’s easy to maintain and incurs low recurring costs also factors into our considerations.