Best Vacuum Cleaner with Hepa Filter – Our recommendations above are what we think are currently the best HEPA vacuums for most people. We factor in the price, feedback from our visitors, and availability.
If you would like to do the work of choosing yourself, here’s the list of all our reviews of vacuums equipped with an allergen-trapping HEPA filter. Be careful not to get too caught up in the details. While no vacuum is perfect for every use, most are good enough to please almost everyone, and the differences are often not noticeable unless you really look for them.
1.Miele Complete C3
The best corded HEPA vacuum that we’ve tested is the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine. This premium canister vacuum is equipped with a HEPA filter to help trap allergens as you clean and uses a dirtbag for superior air filtration performance, not to mention cleaner disposal of dust and debris. It’s incredibly easy to maintain and has excellent build quality, with a dense plastic body and a telescopic wand made of stainless steel.
This vacuum has a seven-level suction power adjustment feature, which is handy if you plan on vacuuming surfaces ranging from dense carpets to delicate curtains. It performs exceptionally well on bare floors, sucking up pet hair as well as debris like rice or cereal with very little difficulty. It also clears an impressive amount of debris on low and high-pile carpet, though you may need to make another pass to fully clear fine material like baking soda from this surface type.
Pros & Cons
- Deluxe Ergonomic Handle with Controls | Illuminated Parking System | Protective Velvet Canister Bumper
- Flexible Canister Hose | SBB400-3 Parquet Twister XL Floor Brush | Safety Shutoff
- SEB236 Electro Premium Powerhead | Automatic Suction Control | Active HEPA Filter | 140CFM Airflow
- AirClean Dustbags | Whisper-Quiet Operation | 29′ Cord Length | 4.76 Quart Bag Capacity | 1200 Watts of Power | Made in Germany
- Included Attachments: Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Nozzle | Warranty: 3 Year Limited
If you’re looking for a corded vacuum but prefer the ergonomics of an upright model and don’t want to deal with a dirtbag, consider the Shark Rotator Lift-Away ADV. It isn’t as well-built as the Miele Complete C3 Alize PowerLine and doesn’t perform as well on low-pile carpet, but its upright design might suit some users a little better. Its bagless design and washable pre-motor and allergen-trapping HEPA filters result in much lower recurring costs too.
Also, it delivers similarly exceptional performance on bare floors and does a great job of sucking up debris on high-pile carpet. Its ‘Lift-Away’ function allows you to uncouple the main canister from its wand and carry it around, making it easier to clean shelves, furniture, or places like the inside of your car. However, its bulky dirt compartment can get in the way when cleaning under tables or chairs. Many parts also need regular cleaning.
Pros & Cons
- DuoClean PowerFins: A PowerFin roller and a soft roller combine on all floors. Continuous cleaning contact to dig deep into carpets, directly engage floors, and pick up more in every pass. (vs. original DuoClean)
- Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- Engineered to pick up more hair with no hair wrap (vs. shark bristle nozzles)
- Lift-Away the detachable pod with the easy-to-use pod-release pedal to clean stairs, furniture, and everywhere in your home.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner. (Based on ASTM F1977 of particles .3 microns or larger.)
- A lighter pod than Shark's best-selling Lift-Away, with more suction for versatile whole-home cleaning. (weight and suction vs. NV351, suction measured at the hose.)
- Powerful LED headlights on the nozzle reveal hidden debris around your home.
- Advanced Swivel Steering lets you easily maneuver your vacuum in and out of tight spaces, in corners, around furniture, and more.
- Includes tools to tackle stubborn pet hair and hard-to-reach spaces.
- Includes: Crevice Tool, Pet Multi-Tool, Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush
The best HEPA vacuum with a cordless design that we’ve tested is the Dyson V15 Detect. This stick/handheld vacuum features an allergen-trapping filter and a sensor that can count and measure the size of particles that it sucks up, which it then displays on an LED at the back of the vacuum. It also comes with a secondary vacuum head that uses a laser light to make it easier to see fine debris, along with a very wide selection of other tools, including a turbo brush, a crevice tool, and a dusting brush.
This vacuum delivers superb cleaning performance on bare, even surfaces like hardwood or linoleum, where it easily cleans pet hair as well as small and bulky debris like rice or cereal. It also does a fantastic job on low and high-pile carpets, clearing fine debris like baking soda or larger material like sand without difficulty.
Pros & Cons
- Laser reveals microscopic dust The most powerful, intelligent cordless vacuum.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
If you’re looking for a cordless stick vacuum with a HEPA filter that’s easier to pick up and carry, consider the Dyson Micro 1.5kg. Due to its lack of a bristled brushroll, it isn’t meant to vacuum carpets, unlike the Dyson V7 Detect. However, it has an amazingly lightweight construction, making it easier to maneuver. It has a washable allergen-trapping HEPA filter, resulting in minimal recurring costs.
Performance on bare floors is exceptional, as it easily cleans pet hair as well as small and bulky debris. It comes with a fairly wide assortment of accessories, including a turbo brush and two crevice tools, one of which has a built-in LED strip to help you see what you’re cleaning in dark corners. Unfortunately, this vacuum’s max battery life of roughly 30 minutes is considerably shorter. Its small dirt compartment also needs to be emptied frequently.
Pros & Cons
- Cord free, Hassle free, Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum. Fully-sealed filtration system to trap 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Hygienic bin emptying: no need to touch the dirt. Bin volume 0.14 gallons
5.iRobot Roomba s9+
Of the robot vacuums we’ve tested, the best HEPA vacuum is the iRobot Roomba S9. It’s a premium vacuum that feels very well-built with high-quality materials and sturdy construction. It has a HEPA filter to reduce allergens, and its battery life is outstanding, supplying approximately 50 to 150 minutes of runtime on a full charge, depending on settings. It also has a fairly quick recharge time.
It cleans pet hair easily from all surface types and does an excellent overall job on bare floors, although it can struggle with bulkier debris like cereal when its dirt compartment begins to fill up. It also does an impressive job on low-pile carpets and a good job on high-pile carpets, and it features a dirt sensor to detect concentrations of dirt, meaning that it can focus its power on those areas. The iRobot Home app lets you set virtual boundary markers and schedule cleaning for specific rooms.
Pros & Cons
- OUR MOST ADVANCED & DEEPEST CLEAN - Groundbreaking technology makes the s9+ our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet. With 40x the suction power*, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets for a clean you won’t believe — with no effort from you. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper into carpets with power boost technology. *(Compared to the Roomba 600 series cleaning system)
- EMPTIES ON ITS OWN - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9+ to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. Careful Drive Mode detects objects* in its path and cleans around them without jostling or nudging. * objects taller than 2.5 cm
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider* Unique Multi-Surface Dual Rubber Brushes, vs. only 1, don't get tangled with pet hair. *(Compared to the Roomba 600 series)
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba s9+ takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligencce of iRobot OS. Learns your habits and your routines.
- SPOT CLEANS MESSES THE MOMENT THEY HAPPEN - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen — immediately clean that spot and consider it done. *Works with Google Home and Alexa enabled devices. Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com or its affiliates. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.
- LEARNS & MAPS YOUR HOME. CLEANS WHERE & WHEN YOU WANT - It maps your home to navigate in neat, efficient rows for a wall-to-wall clean. With advanced navigation, the s9+ can clean messes where you want, when you want. And if the battery is low, patented Smart Recharge and Resume means the robot charges only as long as needed before finishing the job.
- SET TO AUTOMATICALLY CLEAN WHEN YOU'RE AWAY - Now with iRobot OS, you can choose to set your robot to automatically start cleaning when you leave and stop when you come home, so you only notice the clean and never the cleaning.
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link Technology, the Roomba s9+ robot vacuum and Braava jet m6 robot mop team up to vacuum then mop automatically in perfect sequence, giving your floors a comprehensive clean with just a command to your voice assistant or in the app.
- SMART THAT KEEPS GETTING SMARTER - Your Roomba s9+ constantly learns and updates itself to optimize your home's cleaning routine—so you don't have to—thanks to innovations available only from iRobot.
6.Wyze Cordless Vacuum
The best budget HEPA vacuum that we’ve tested is the Wyze Cordless Vacuum. This cordless stick vacuum has an allergen-trapping HEPA filter, which is rare for a vacuum at this price point. It delivers excellent overall performance on carpeted surfaces and does a fantastic job cleaning pet hair and small debris on bare floors, though very bulky debris can get caught at the entry to its dustbin.
This vacuum’s lightweight construction and pivoting head make it very easy to maneuver, even in cluttered areas. The lack of a dirtbag and its use of a washable filter also results in minimal recurring costs. There’s also a touchscreen display at the back of the vacuum that you can use to switch its suction power mode or view an estimate of the remaining charge. Depending on your choice of attachments and settings, you can expect roughly anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour of continuous runtime on a single charge.
Pros & Cons
- As Light as a Feather : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum weighs in at just 2.8 pounds, it’s so lightweight that it can reach everywhere in the house. Despite this light weight, it doesn’t skimp on power.
- 24,000 Pa Suction Power : Wyze Stick Vacuum Cleaner offers three suction levels: Eco, Medium, and Turbo. Turbo mode has the most suction power (24,000 Pa, or 150 air watts) for intensive spot cleaning, Medium mode balances suction power (15,000 Pa or 55 air watts) and battery life. Eco mode offers the longest battery life for big jobs (7,000 Pa, or 18 air watts).
- Easy to Use with Crystal-Clear Screen : The Wyze Cordless Vacuum is easy to set up and use. You just unbox the unit and its accessories, then plug it in and wait for it to charge. While charging, the screen shows the current battery percentage level .No more guess game about the battery life, power mode, and vacuum performance.
- Two Motors Good for Pet Hairs : We added another motor with 9,500 RPM of power in the brush head because we’re as serious about cleaning as you are about picking up every strand of Fido’s majestic mane.
- Long-lasting, Interchangeable batteries : In ECO mode, enjoy up to 50 minutes of fade-free power that lasts until the job is done. Add an additional battery pack for a total of 100 minutes of run time.
7.Hoover WindTunnel 3
This is one of the most powerful HEPA vacuums to clean everyday messes .With three channels of suction, this vacuum creates efficient air flow while removing dust and allergens.
The Hoover WindTunnel vacuum has carbon HEPA filtration that removes pet smells and leaves your carpets fresh. It has a 1.42 liter dirt cup capacity and is packed with 13 powerful cyclones that provide deep suction cleaning.
You’ll effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button. It’s a vacuum built for removing pet hair and smells.
Pros & Cons
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Multi-purpose pet tools tackle stubborn pet hair and dirt on furniture, stairs and hard to reach areas
- CARBON HEPA FILTRATION: Love your pet, not their smell with odor-absorbing filters. Dirt cup capacity - 1.42 liters. Headlight : No
- POWERFUL SUCTION: WindTunnel 3 Technology with 3 channels of suction create efficient air flow from the extra-wide nozzle to the large capacity dirt cup
- PERFECT FOR CARPET AND HARDFLOOR: On/Off brushroll helps effortlessly transition from carpets to hard floors with the touch of a button
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Reach further and with greater versatility with 15 feet of extended reach. Includes pet turbo tool, pivoting dusting tool, and crevice tool
Best Vacuum Cleaner with Hepa Filter – If you suffer from allergies, having a vacuum that doesn’t disperse allergens in the air is hugely important.
Using a bagged vacuum can help reduce the spread of fine debris, but the inclusion of a HEPA filter is also crucial since they’re rated to capture 99.97% of particles equal in size to 0.3 microns, which covers a wide range of particles that can cause allergies, like dust, dirt, or pollen. Bagless vacuums equipped with a HEPA filter can also do a good job in this respect, but be aware that not all appliances of this type are completely sealed systems.