Best Dvd Recorder – We chose the best DVD recorders by creating a strict criteria. It’s important the units can record a minimum of 5 hours of footage, and we also included some DVD recorders that offer up to 10 hours of recording. This diversity also suits a range of budgets, so you’re bound to discover a DVD recorder for your price range above. We opted for models with a minimum 4GB of storage, so you can record hours of footage at one time.
We also concentrated on DVD recorders with a range of compatibility. The above selections are suitable with Windows, Mac OS systems, and some are even compatible with laptops without a drive hardware. We also chose some selections that allow you to burn media footage to your laptop, or transfer footage from a VHS to disc, or play all material to a disc, as well as watch DVDs through the DVD recorder.
The best DVD recorder will quickly record your favorite shows, so we researched products ones equipped with high-speed interfaces featuring at least a USB 2.0 connection. To ensure your recordings are high-quality, we also researched models measuring around 1080p to reduce any fuzzy and blurry footage.
1.VHS To DVD
- Simple, one-stop solution
- Upload to YouTube
- Choose among lists of menus
- Convert to digital files and transfer to iPods or MP3 players
- View on video iPod
The best VHS to DVD converters are potentially worth their weight in gold. After all, think about all the precious memories you have stored on camcorder tapes or VHS video cassettes. And yet this kind of storage won’t last much longer.
Even if you store them properly, magnetic tapes deteriorate quickly decay, within as little as 10 years. So it’s basically a race against time to transfer them to a digital format, that you’ll be able to share, edit and store forever.
VHS to DVD converters all work in broadly the same way. You connect them to your video recorder or pre-digital camcorder via a cable, to gather the footage, and then transfer it to your PC or Mac via USB cable.
- Video Resolution 1080p
- Video Progressive Scan 3:2 Pulldown
- Audio WMA & MP3 Playback MP3 Only
- Inputs / Outputs Digital Audio Out 1 Coaxial, S-Video 1 Output, 2 Input, RCA Video (Composite) 1 Input, 1 Output, USB Port 1
- Features Playable Disk Types DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, Video Upconversion 1080i, 1080p, 720p, HDMI CEC Yes
- One Touch Recording Yes
Record your favorite TV shows or home videos to DVD with the DR430 DVD Player / Recorder from Toshiba thanks to its DVD-recording drive and host of video inputs. For an enhanced DVD video experience optimized for your HDTV, the DR430 sports DVD video upconversion to 1080p. Simply hook your satellite box up to the DR430’s component-video or S-video inputs, set the timer, and you’re ready to record. If you’re looking to preserve home videos, you can either use the same video inputs to connect your VHS player, or the front DV input to connect your video camera directly to the DR430.
Finally, this Toshiba DVD recorder records to a variety of DVD formats for optimal versatility. Further, a front-panel USB port makes it easy to connect to digital cameras, camcorders, and portable music players whether for playback or for media transfer to DVD.
- Play both VHS and DVD
- This DVD recorder includes progressive scan technology and supports various formats such as DVDÂ’s, CDs, and MP3Â’s and Jpeg files.
Are you tired of paying your mechanic high fees for repairing or servicing your Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD RECORDER & Video Cassette Recorder? If so, then you have come to the right place. Download this complete manual which is just similar to the manuals on CD ROM which are used by the mechanics.
It contains all technical repair information in clear and easy to read PDF format.
- Universal DVD-R/DVD-RW, DVD+R/+RW recorder and player
- Records up to 5 hours of audio/video content per single-sided 4.7 GB DVD
- Precision Cinema Progressive with Pixel-by-Pixel I/P Conversion produces seamless, flicker-free images on high-definition and HD-ready TVs
- Front-panel audio/video input provides simple connection to camcorders or other devices
- Simplified timer recording through VCR Plus+ electronic program guide
The RDR-GXD500 is the first Freeview-equipped DVD recorder to be launched in the UK and is priced at a very reasonable . It’s surprising that no one has done it before – combining a digital TV receiver and DVD recorder in one unit means one less box under the TV, fewer cables and less hassle overall.
What’s more, DVD is the perfect medium for recording high-quality digital TV pictures in all their glory.
It may lack the awesome build quality and panache of the hard-disk-equipped RDR-HX1000, but in terms of looks, it’s still head and shoulders above most other DVD recorders.
- Built-in TV tuner lets you record directly from TV onto DVD+R or DVD+RW discs
- Plays DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R/-RW, CD, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW, SVCD, VCD and Photo CD
- Firewire (IEEE 1394) input delivers fast data transfer and one-touch recording directly from your digital camcorder
- Connections: composite (1 in, 1 out), S-Video (1 in, 1 out), component (1 out)
- Dolby Digital decoding; digital coaxial audio output
Surely, at this price, something like a DVD recorder would be made of old bits of tin and aluminium foil. Not so, it seems, as the one thing that’s surprising about both the machines featured here is the build quality on each. As for performance, well, that’s an entirely different story…
German manufacturer CyberHome is synonymous with the budget end of the market, and has already enjoyed a modicum of success in the cheap and cheerful DVD player/recorder market. Just over a year ago, we reviewed the respectable £250 CH-DVR750. The major difference with the DVR 1600 though, is that it’s £150 cheaper!
6.Xenocam 8CH 1080N
- 8channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports Analog, HD-TVI, CVI ,AHD Camera. it provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras.You can add 8pcs 720P or 1080P cameras.
- Longer Recording Times Up to 30+ Days Available with Use of Motion Detection
- Email Notification & Mobile Push Alerts when Motion Detection,Free Xmeye Apps for Live View and Playback on Smartphone Devices under Wi-Fi/ 2G/ 3G/ 4G Network
- Support USB port Back up , gives you the easiest option of backing up and transferring your video footage to a USB flash drive
Step on the Internet:With XM cloud service, easy to achieve a variety of network penetrations ,one step to remote monitoring, getting rid of various complicated network settings, easy and simple to operate.
Compression algorithm ideal:H.264 compression algorithm,30% decrease of stream due to advanced space-time filtering technology. Playback quality: Supports full real-time encoding video, full real-time playback of multi-channel synchronous decoding.
Main and Sub Stream:Main stream and Sub-stream encoding. Main stream for local storage, ensure image quality; Sub-stream for real-time network transmission, easy to solve bandwidth bottleneck problem.
- 【5MP NVR】This H.265 Network Video Recorder support 16 Channel 5MP@15fps, 8 Channel 5MP@30fps, 16 Channel 1080P@30fps Onvif IP Cameras; 1CH 5MP playback or 2CH 1080P playback. Supports VGA (Maximum HD 1080p) and HDMI (Maximum HD 2K) output.
- 【Cost effective acquisition】POE switch is not built in, allowing you to upgrade just the “brain” in the future without the need to purchase a POE switch again because it is not built in.
- 【Easy Remote view】Plug & Play setup, Easy to configure, access and control. Scan QR Code on NVR from "XMEye Pro" app to instantly access live viewing and playback. With included CMS/VMS software. Connects to and manages all the cameras on your network for ultimate ease and convenience in a home security system.
- 【Onvif】Wide compatibility with IP Cameras supporting ONVIF protocol. The NVR supports ONVIF 2.0 to 2.4 compatible cameras, which may have limited motion detection and PTZ support depending on camera manufacturer. We recommend using Evtevision/Abronis/XM IP cameras to be sure you have a fully compatible troublefreesetup.
- If you face any difficulty while installing or using our products, please don't hesitate to contact us via Amazon message or send an email to our technical support email address, thanks!
This 16 channel 1080N hybrid security DVR/NVR recording system can record ONVIF IP cameras and analog cameras simultaneously. Cameras are NOT INCLUDED and are sold separately, only use cameras of equal or lower resolution. Support 720P/1080P AHD/TVI/CVI/IP Camera and 960H Analog Camera.
This 1080N security DVR works with 1080P AHD, TVI, CVI, analog and ONVIF IP security cameras. H.265 high profile compression. HDMI and VGA output at 1920*1080P resolution output(under NVR mode). Instant motion detection email alert to let you know exactly what happened. Use the DVR to customize motion detection exactly to your needs: set a perimeter zone, etc.
Support cloud service, P2P function, easy to do remote control. Enable you to live view not only within your home network but also outside. It’s very convenient to view on your smartphone and tablet(Android & iOS) via free XMEye Pro app.
- Super multi DVD recorder/VCR with digital tuner
- 1080p up-conversion via HDMI output
- Digital cable/satellite box controller
- Digital Camcorder input for convenient recording and editing with DV 1394
- LG Simplink connectivity of other LG products using HDMI connection
Records video to DVD or VHS; HDMI output up to 1080i; digital and analog tuner for over-the-air TV reception; IR blaster for cable/satellite box control; FireWire input for camcorder dubbing; USB port for digital media playback.
No S-Video input; ATSC tuner cannot deliver full HDTV resolution; lack of EPG makes timer recordings a hassle; LP mode doesn’t compare to Panasonic’s; no flexible custom recording speed.
The LG RC797T is a competent DVD/VHS recorder with some attractive extra features, but it doesn’t quite stack up to the competition.
- DVD Recorder with 160 GB built-in HDD Hard Disc Drive
- Dual Media play and record in DVD-R-RW and DVD+R+RW
- 1080p and 1080i upscaling for optimum HD picture performance FREE Over The Air OTA Terrestrial HDTV HDMI DVR
- Pause live TV and instant replay
- ATSC digital HD/SD TV tuner built in -- records and displays in standard definition only
Records TV programming to DVD or built-in 160GB hard drive; ATSC tuner for receiving digital broadcasts; HDMI output upscales to 1080p; 30-second commercial skip button; plays photos and MP3s from USB drives; one of the only DVD/hard-drive recorders currently on the market.
No support for dual layer or DVD-RAM discs; ATSC tuner cannot deliver full native HDTV resolution; no onscreen program guide or IR blaster limits ability to be used as a DVR; no flexible recording length; mediocre video quality on video-based content; subpar remote.
The Philips DVDR3575H is pretty much your only choice if you want a DVD recorder with a hard drive these days, but it’s not as good as it could be.
- Get the best of both worlds when watching and recording movies. This handy player lets you record and watch both VHS tapes and DVDs, so you don't have to spend lots of money on separate players. One-touch, two-way dubbing makes recording a cinch, as does the easy on-screen user menu. Features include: VCR/DVD recorder for DVD-R/RW recording and playback One-touch, two-way dubbing Hi-Fi VHS recording and playback Plays DVD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 formats Up to 10 hours recording time Easy on-screen user menu Component video output S-video input and outputs Audio/video input and outputs Digital audio output Dolby Digital surround sound Parental lock Remote control
Best Dvd Recorder – BUYER’S GUIDE
Price – Oddly enough, this fairly dated piece of technology is often outrageously expensive on online marketplaces. This is due to their waning relevance. However, you can still find reasonable deals out there so be sure to compare prices before buying if budget is a concern for you.
Design – Given that DVD recorders are on their way out, their designs haven’t exactly been a priority for manufacturers. As such, they tend to be clunkier than newer technology out there. Still, most are slim enough to stow away in a drawer until you need it.
Additional features – At their most basic, DVD recorders can replace a VCR, but newer models have several neat features that offer distinct advantages. For example, some have multiple tuners, which allow you to record multiple channels simultaneously (one to the DVD and one to the hard drive). Other DVD recorders have Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, though it’s important to note that this doesn’t mean they can support streaming content like Netflix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put more than one movie on a DVD?
While this largely depends on the size of the Movie file you’re burning, but in some cases, you can fit as many as 5 movies on a single DVD-R. However, it’s important to note that when burning a DVD, all you’re getting is the MKV file and not the additional bonus content, subtitles, or commentary tracks. It is possible to include these features when burning a DVD, but everything you add eats up space that could potentially be used for more movie files.
What DVD formats can I record to?
There are a number of recordable DVD formats that are all slightly different from one another. The 2 most common formats are DVD-R and DVD-RW with the key differences being that DVD-RW can be erased and re-written whereas DVD-R can only be written and finalized once.
What’s the difference between a DVD and Blu-Ray?
The biggest difference between these 2 formats is storage space. A standard DVD can hold around 4.7 GB of data, compare that to a whopping 50 GB of space on Blu-Ray. The extra space means that Blu-Rays can accommodate higher resolution footage, up to 1080p as opposed to DVDs that typically support 480p.
Finding the best DVD recorder can be difficult with so many options on the market. But one thing is for sure: they are a much cheaper alternative to cable and satellite boxes. Also, some of our top picks can help you free up space on your hard drive by converting stored media to a physical disc.