Best Vcr Player – It goes without saying that VCRs have passed their prime. However, with a good VCR you will be able to transfer those cherished home videos over to DVD and continue enjoying them. After all, with the influx of DVDs, VHS tapes are quickly becoming obsolete.
One of the best overall devices has to be the Funai ZV427FX4 DVD Recorder/VCR Combo. With ease of use, upscaling, and the ability to convert your old tapes into DVDs, it has everything you could want.
Or, if you don’t need the conversion feature, the Magnavox MDV560VR is a stylish device that can play all of your DVDs, VHS tapes, and CDs with ease.
- 4-head, hi-fi stereo VCR with Quasi S-VHS playback so you can view S-VHS cassettes at standard VHS resolution
- 19-micron heads deliver the clearest possible picture in EP (extended-play) mode; Flash Rewind spools a T-120 in about 60 seconds
- Commercial Skip allows you to advance the tape through unwanted material for 30 seconds each time the Commercial Skip button is pushed
- Front-panel audio/video inputs facilitate easy hookup with a camcorder, gaming device, or second VCR
- Measures 17 x 3.88 x 10.5 inches (W x H x D)
The SLV-N750 Hi-Fi VHS Video Cassette Recorder was made with your home theater in mind. It has a 17″ Home Theater size chassis and a silver finish that complements the WEGA TV’s.
It features Flash Rewind – which can rewind a T-120 cassette in about 60 seconds, and Quasi S-VHS Playback. It also includes multi brand TV remote control, Commercial Skip and Plug & Play – making it easy to set-up.
- Capture video from analog sources and preserve it by converting to digital formats to burn to disc
- Transfer your footage from your VCR and analog camcorders including Hi8 and video8 in just a few clicks
- Create your own movies by importing into iMovie to edit your video and add effects, titles, and transitions
- Save your video to popular digital formats to easily share online or upload directly to YouTube
- Burn to disc with custom chapters and menus using Roxio MyDVD
- Required: Mac computer with Intel processor
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus has options for both composite and S-Video inputs. This device connects to any available USB 2.0 port on your laptop or desktop, while the composite RCA connections connect to your video device.
Because it’s USB 2.0, the copy speeds are limited, so this is a slow process. As long as your device has composite outputs, the Roxio VHS to DVD 3 Plus can capture video from it. And you can use the hardware with any other program capable of recognizing and converting from analog devices like your VCR. We strongly recommend finding a different VHS to DVD software, like OBS Studio for Mac or PC, if you have difficulty with Roxio’s own software.
- 1080P up conversion from HDMI output
- Archive home movies from VHS tape to DVD
- Dolby Digital Stream out
- Line in recording through cable-satellite box
Get ready to see your favorite DVDs and VHS tapes in a whole new light with the ZV427FX4 DVD Recorder/VCR Combo from Funai. This unit features an HDMI out with upconversion to 1080p resolution, so when you connect it to an HDMI-enabled display you can experience near-HD picture quality. It also features progressive scan technology for cleaner, smoother, more lifelike images.
With 2-way dubbing, you can record your VHS tapes to DVD, or your DVDs to VHS tapes. Plus, the ZV427FX4 can record for up to six hours so you can maximize your entertainment. As a two-in-one combo unit, it will settle right into any home theater while occupying minimal space in your setup.
- Plays these formats: DVD, DVD-R/RW, CD-R/-RW, MP-3, video tapes
- Component video output
- S-video output for improved picture quality
- Front audio/video input jacks; fast hookup of video games and more
- 4-head VCR for top-quality images
Now you can conveniently play DVDs and VHS cassettes in a single machine with the Magnavox MWD2206 DVD player. The S-video output of this DVD/VCR combo provides you with enhanced picture quality. You can easily play DVD, DVD-R/RW, CD-R/-RW, MP-3, and video tapes on this Magnavox DVD player.
With front audio/video input jacks, this Magnavox DVD player allows you to conveniently hook mp3 players, camcorders, and other media devices. The Magnavox MWD2206 DVD player has a 4-head VCR that offers improved image quality. This sleek DVD/VCR combo is a compact unit that will not raise any space issues. The remote of the Magnavox MWD2206 DVD player gives total control over your set.
- Playable disc types: DVD-Video / DVD-R / DVD RW/ CD / CD-R / CD-RW / VCD
- Video D/A Converter: 108MHz/14-Bit, Component Video Output: ColorStream Pro
- Audio D/A Converter: 192KHz / 24-Bit
- OSD Language: English / French / Spanish
- Dolby Digital / DTS Compatible 3D Surround Sound
The Toshiba SD-V296 DVD/VCR Combo Player is a quality DVD player and VCR recorder combo that offers great features at an affordable price. It features a sophisticated 192KHz/24-bit audio processor, progressive scan DVD playback capabilities, simultaneous DVD playback and VCR recording, one-touch recording, and ColorStream Pro component output for high resolution DVD imagery.
Though it’s an excellent DVD player, it can also be used as a CD or MP3 player. You could actually use it to share your favorite songs and photos with friends and family. In addition, it has built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoders, offering breath-taking surround sound and sonic realism to complement your DVD movie soundtracks.
- Multi DVD (-R/RW,+R/RW) Playback
- JPEG Playback
- Timer Link
- Slim Design: 3.1¿
The JVC HR-XVC11B DVD/VCR Combo Player is a quality DVD player and VCR recorder combo that offer great features at an affordable price. It features progressive scan, multi-format DVD playback capabilities (DVD-Video, DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W), 4-Head VHS recorder with SQPB (S-VHS Quasi Playback), and Timer-Link recording capability. If your television or home theater projector is equipped with a component video input, you can take full advantage of the unit’s component video output to enjoy images that look as good as they did on the big screen.
Though it’s an excellent DVD player, it can also be used as a CD or MP3 player. You could actually use this unit to share your favorite songs and photos with friends and family. In addition, it has built-in Dolby Digital/DTS encoders, offering breath-taking surround sound and sonic realism to complement your DVD movie soundtracks. If you want a unified, stylish, and easy-to-use multi-format DVD player and VCR combo unit, look no further than the JVC HR-XVC11B.
- Plays DVD video, DVD-R/RW, audio CD, CD-R/RW and CD MP-3 files
- Component, S-Video, A/V and digital audio outputs
- Front A/V Input jacks for easy connection with video accessories
- Virtual surround sound system
- Parental lock
Sylvania DVD/VCR combo saves space and easily connects to your television. With a HiFi VCR and Virtual Surround System, this will complete any home theater. The Front A/V Input Jacks allow for easy connection with a camcorder, digital camera, game system or other video accessories.
Emerson EWD2204 DVD/VCR Combo DVD Video Cassette Recorder Player 4 provides all the top factors with an exciting low price of 89964$ which is a bargain. It holds numerous features including dvd vcr, cassette, vcr player and Prime.
Detailed Identifiers Brand Emerson Model EWR20V4 053818270349 Type Of Discs 1 Disc CD, CD-RW, Features Letter Box Conversion, Pan Scan Parental Playable File Formats MP3 Progressive Without Progressive Picture Surround out Dolby Digital (Digital out only) Inputs Audio x 1, Composite RF (TV) x 1, S-Video x Analog x 2, Component 1, x Coaxial RCA, 1, Remote Control Display French, Spanish Control Yes Record And Play One Recordable Disc Formats DVD-R, DVD-RW, Speeds SP, Video heads 4 Height Width Depth lb.
Login to see all details
- KEY FEATURES: This compact DVD/CD player is DVD-R, DVD-RW, JPEG, CD-R, and CD-RW compatible. It features zoom and progressive scan. HDMI converts up to 1080p. Includes AV cable and a remote control (2 AAA batteries included). *Does NOT include HDMI cable*
- DVD PLAYER: This HDMI compact DVD remote control player makes watching a movie, playing music and viewing pictures from your favorite CD fun, turning any room into a mini home theater! The compact design saves space at 6.5 x 7.8 x 1.7 inches.
- QUALITY: We are committed to quality products that meets the needs of our customers. For all high-tech devices, we strive to provide quality products at the lowest prices. All of our products are built using high-quality materials for long-lasting use.
- COMMITMENT: Craig is committed to making quality products at a price you can afford. Our never-ending mission is to provide great affordable products to exceed your quality expectations.
- PERFORMANCE: For over 50 years, the Craig consumer brand continues to provide the latest and greatest technologies and most on-trend products at affordable prices, so that our consumers can enjoy the quality and performance that they expect.
- 4-head, high-fidelity mono VCR
- Digital picture and tracking correction automatically adjust the picture
- Front and rear composite A/V inputs
Panasonic 4-Head Hi-Fi Stereo Omnivision VHS Player for a long time now. It’s a great VCR and plays all my VHS video cassettes perfectly. I used to use it to record movies off TV and they always came out very good when I played them back. It
rewinds and fast forwards tapes and doesn’t take long to do it. It’s lasted a long time and is very durable. It can also record on a timer, which is very good for only recording a certain show or movie.
It comes with a remote that makes it easy to play the tape, and it’s very easy to use. You can use it to run the VCR without having to push all the buttons yourself. It makes it very convenient to do everything.
Best Vcr Player – BUYER’S GUIDE
Built-in tuner – A built-in tuner allows you to record TV programs, which many people find to be a handy feature in DVD recorder/VHS VCR combo devices. Without a built-in tuner, you’ll have to connect a Cable/Satellite or DTV converter box.
Price – If you’re on a budget, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a low-cost DVD Recorder/VHS VCR combo device. Since supply is shrinking, prices of remaining units (some of which can be nearly a decade old), are getting very expensive, sometimes as much as two to three times higher than their original selling prices. Look out for used units, which can be cheaper and still functional.
Recording mode quality – Some of Panasonic’s devices, though largely discontinued, have an enhanced four-hour recording mode that lets you record sporting events and longer movies onto DVD with the same video quality as the two-hour recording mode. Depending on your intended use, this can be a very handy feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a DVD VCR recorder play VHS?
Most DVD//VCR combos can record in DVD-R and DVD-RW disc format, as well as play VHS. The Funai ZV427FX4 is capable of pulling this off giving it a great deal of general flexibility. It can also dub from VHS-to-DVD or DVD-to-VHS, as long as the dubbed content doesn’t have copyright protection. The physical media the recorder is compatible with includes DVDs/CDs/Kodak CD Picture Discs, and VHS tapes.
Does Sony make a DVD VCR?
Sony has made DVD VCRs in the past like the Sony SLVD360P, and it’s still possible to find them used on Amazon and eBay. However, Sony doesn’t manufacture new DVD VCRs, so you may be out of luck if that’s what you’re looking for.
How to transfer VHS to DVD without a VCR?
If you want to transfer VHS to DVD without a VCR you should follow these instructions. There are several options you have, including using a DVD recorder, using a DVD Recorder/VHS VCR combo unit, or connecting a VCR to a PC via a video capture device. If none of those options work, you may want to get professional help from a video duplicator to transfer the DVD professionally. This might be a good option for prized media like a wedding video.
Our collection of the best DVD recorder and VCR combos are the perfect way to slim down your existing media library, literally. If you or anyone you know has been holding onto their VHS collection, but is quickly running out of space, these devices can migrate any media on VHS to a writable blank DVD. This allows you to keep a collection of physical media, all while taking up a fraction of the space.